What's new

Post your prices today

20210412_061809.jpg

Energy Sec Jennifer Granholm Has a Brainless Excuse for Why Gas Prices Are Soaring​

By Nick Arama | May 08, 2021 1:00 PM ET
The jobs report came out yesterday and it showed how the Biden policies are having a horrible effect on the economy. Instead of the almost one million new jobs which some, including the Biden team, had predicted, it was a record miss, with only 266,000 jobs. This is, at least in part, as we explained, because people are getting extended unemployment benefits so they’re not having to go back into the workforce.

What was the Biden team’s response? Let’s do more of the same! We’re not spending enough money on unemployment benefits! So let’s make things worse!

On top of that, and not unrelated, we’re also starting to see a rising inflation, as even this CNN report explains.

Donald Trump Jr. warned about it as well, comparing Joe Biden to Jimmy Carter. A stark reminder of the terrible inflation of the 1970s that Carter had no idea how to handle.

We can already see that Biden and his people have no idea what they are doing if they want to spend even more money.

But Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm demonstrated still more of the Biden team’s cluelessness when she was quizzed by Jake Tapper about the rising gas prices.

Quite the interview with Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm w
@jaketapper
on CNN — she seemed to suggest that gas prices were high and rising because the virus isn’t yet fully under control

Tapper said that gas was about fifty cents higher a gallon than when Biden took office. “Beyond whether or not you think your policies are to blame,” Tapper asked, “Are you worried that the prices could impact whether or not Americans travel, which is, of course, needed to put money back into the economy?” Her response? “People need to travel, right. We need to get the virus under control first. We need to get to that 70%. We need to get to herd immunity. You know, why have gas prices gone up? Could that be because of the virus itself, as well? Is it — I mean — everything is tied together.”

How is that an answer to Tapper’s questions about the rising prices and the greater question of how you guys are screwing up the economy? Tapper didn’t make it particularly hard or even blame Biden for it, he just basically asked what was her response to the rising prices, or was she concerned about them? She couldn’t even say, “Yes, we are worried, and here’s what we’re going to do to prevent that.” Likely because they have no idea exactly how they would go about doing that.

How clueless it is to deflect to the virus? If it were because of the virus, which we’ve been dealing with for over a year, why didn’t the increases come last year? But this is the same woman who tried to sell us on new definitions of the term “infrastructure.”

Indeed, rising gas prices is probably one of the things where you can draw a pretty straight line to Biden’s decision to attack the energy industry and stop things like the Keystone XL pipeline, which killed thousands of jobs. We were close to energy independence under President Donald Trump and Biden seems to want to walk us back from that, all because of the push of the left to kill anything having to do with energy. So is it any surprise the prices are soaring?

Yesterday, bought #4 rebar from the surplus yard, $8.75 20' $11 at home depot
I hunted 29ga AG panels, most were priced at $3.40sqft

I found them at Lowe's for $1sqft, bought 100 sheets, applied for the credit card, and got them at cost:grinpimp:

Talking to the manager, he said they are switching the lumber to digital price tags because prices were changing so fast, that's fucking insane :eek:

not great, just last wednesday bought a ton bundle of 20' #4 for $860, div by 150 to get price/stick
#3 was 950
Maybe there's a regional aspect, or maybe yours was surplus?

The 8.75 number was reoccurring from different wholesale or surplus places.

FWIW I did have a hookup, and got 10% off of that, but didn't want to muddy the waters

Just paid $2/gallon for 280 gallons of propane. I didn't think that was too bad. I filled up the pig in the city for $2.78/gallon for 87 octane gas, it's $3.19/gallon in my little village.

Maybe there's a regional aspect, or maybe yours was surplus?
brand new from a supplier that isn't the best around but they're my favorite for... political reasons
I don't even have an account

it says it's from turkey, stamped right in the bar so it ain't like it's locally produced or anything

3/22/2021
Diesel and gas are the same price now. $3.39
Model Dairy 2% at Winco was $3.38.

Oh and apparently primers for reloading are selling for $150/1,000.
Unleaded was $3.75 before Memorial Day and is 3.79 today.
Diesel was/is $3.55/3.59.

Downtown Los Angeles.............
This Morning
Saw the same thing at a Shell station in Brentwood

gas.jpg

And ya. stupid prices. Thanks Joe. Fuck you.
are you sure you're blaming the right guy? I mean it's like exactly half that here
"http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com/"

christ in a fucking can lets try some fucking quotation marks, maybe that'll make it stop FUCKING AUTOFORMATTING THE FUCKING LINK THAT I SPECIFICALLY PUT IN PLAIN FUCKING URL TAGS BECAUSE I FUCKING WANTED A PLAIN FUCKING URL DISPLAYED

are you sure you're blaming the right guy? I mean it's like exactly half that here
Maybe , Maybe not.
How much has it gone up in your area since the election?
Yes California pays some stupid state taxes, and no those have not changed.

Gas at my local station is $4.19 , Pre election was easy a buck less locally.

I do get this is downtown Los Angeles, and as long as I driven gas downtown is more by a buck or so.

prolly about a dollar
though gas prices were kinda ridiculow immediately before that, iirc I saw something like $1.20 when the oil futures were negative
I dunno if the president at the time had much to do with that either

prolly about a dollar
though gas prices were kinda ridiculow immediately before that, iirc I saw something like $1.20 when the oil futures were negative
I dunno if the president at the time had much to do with that either
IDK all the in's and out's of it, but I thought Trump had us energy independent, and I think they were dumping huge amounts of domestic product on the market.

I think right now we are not energy independent?

I know that seems pretty simple, and there is a ton more complicated shit to it. but your gas and my gas has gone up about a buck a gallon.

So percentage wise your has actually gone up more than mine.

Maybe , Maybe not.
Yes California pays some stupid state taxes, and no those have not changed.

Gas at my local station is $4.19 , Pre election was easy a buck less locally.

I do get this is downtown Los Angeles, and as long as I driven gas downtown is more by a buck or so.
It's more than just the taxes. We have special blend recipes that run 5-10% more expensive....and our transportation costs are higher too. We get fucked coming and going.

9mil nitrile gloves
Harbor Freight $22.99
Amazon....
Adenna CAT456 Catch 9 mil Nitrile Powder Free Gloves (Orange, Large) Box of 100 $39
Adenna Dark Light 9 mil Nitrile Powder Free Exam Gloves (Black), Large - Box of 100 (DLG676) "from $52" I paid $173 for 1,000 mailed to me from Amazon June 2020.
Gloveworks 6mill 100 box $39

diesel fuel was $2.89 on january 21 by my house. It is $3.65 today June 9 and was $3.54 just before Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited:
It would be nice if you folks giving the price of fuel in your area WOULD LET US KNOW WHAT STATE! Thank you :laughing::flipoff2:

Just got out of an oil n gas meeting. Getting told that Oil futures are currently trading at $100 bucks a bbl for the next two months. Nat gas is over $3 an MCF and the company is getting.15 ~ .17 cents an M over Henry Hub and Nymex. So it’s about to ratchet up more, a lot more.

Top Back Refresh