What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

For now:flipoff2:

That sucks, but you are running some pretty old equipment. I guess that’s the only benefit of living in the rust belt, nature makes you get new work trucks before they start becoming too much of a headache.

It’s just wild to me seeing a Chevy of that vintage with rocker and cab corners intact
It's not old compared to the rest of the equipment :laughing:, I think that it's just a bad time in technology to be working these trucks hard at 31 years old.
The temperature gauge on both bbc trucks say that they are running at ¾, almost redlined. When checked against the scanner the temperature gauge is reading 15-30° higher so we don't worry about it. On the way home though the temperature gauge buried in the red and white "smoke" started coming out of the exhaust :homer:.
I pulled over let it idle, reved it up, it wouldn't cool down so I shut it off. There is something splattered all down that passenger side of the trailer (truck exhaust side) but no water in the engine oil or cylinders and the antifreeze is still full :homer:.

From last night when I got off work.
20220927_193044.jpg

My semi professional over the internet diagnosis, shits broke:flipoff2:

That’s pretty weird man. Hopefully you can get her figured out this morning. And if not, a 8.1 is pretty much a bolt in swap
That was my professional diagnosis yesterday when my dad asked what was wrong :lmao:. I may have time Friday or Saturday to get back to it.

Not too cold, just shitty cell phone potato.
That was in San Francisco, I don't think it snows much there. :laughing:

Those mini loaders are pretty rad, hadn't ran one in a long time.
It was the beanie and coat that through me then I noticed the background. :laughing:

Do you guys not have a skidsteer/mini/little backhoe? My back hurts just looking at that.

You don't get paid enough for that shit.

Do you guys not have a skidsteer/mini/little backhoe? My back hurts just looking at that.

It's not hard work, boring and mindless? Yes but not hard. I've been filling buckets with rock and sand since I was 11 years old and getting paid 25c per bucket. This is skilless labor and what you should expect doing making minimum wage.

We just got a bx23 Kubota but it's on site :45 minutes away.

It's not hard work, boring and mindless? Yes but not hard. I've been filling buckets with rock and sand since I was 11 years old and getting paid 25c per bucket. This is skilless labor and what you should expect doing making minimum wage.

We just got a bx23 Kubota but it's on site :45 minutes away.

I get it, did stuff like that from 13- late teens, unskilled stuff that just has to get done, demo, landscape, cleaning on site, ect. The efficiency side of me cringes though, how much can be saved making your guys more efficient vs doing something everyone hates.

I get it, did stuff like that from 13- late teens, unskilled stuff that just has to get done, demo, landscape, cleaning on site, ect. The efficiency side of me cringes though, how much can be saved making your guys more efficient vs doing something everyone hates.
I have no guy at the moment, if I did we probably could have gotten this done with the Kubota, start to finish this took me 1 hour, 12 rock 18 sand.

I have no guy at the moment, if I did we probably could have gotten this done with the Kubota, start to finish this took me 1 hour, 12 rock 18 sand.
you at least get the half cubic foot bags of cement?
they started showing up around here even cheaper than the 96.8 or whatever pound full cubic foot bags
turns out all the union masons have to buy them since the normal bags are "team lift" so economy of scale means you pay extra for the larger bag size...

you at least get the half cubic foot bags of cement?
they started showing up around here even cheaper than the 96.8 or whatever pound full cubic foot bags
turns out all the union masons have to buy them since the normal bags are "team lift" so economy of scale means you pay extra for the larger bag size...
Still the 96lb bags...

He looks at the pile of sand and the pile of stone in his basement.
Thinks about the pay he's receiving for his labor.
Then looks down to the ground with a singular dejected laugh.

Camera fades to black.

Actually thought of you and 2bb when I typed that out. My rule is if I haven't or won't do it myself I try not to ask my guys to do it.

Top Back Refresh