What's new

Portals and other Tuesday Questions.

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I am thinking about buying a friends RMAX4 that he just put portals on. I dont like the added height and width so i may take them off. Is there a secondary market for them or does everyone think they are as dumb as I do?

Also, it says 1000 on it but it doesn’t say RMAX anywhere i can find. Did they make a 1000 cc that was not a RMAX? My research tells me it has to be a RMAX if it is a 1000.

The portals will sell to some redneck, take them off and post the on FB, CL ect.

Pictures?

This thing have a Vin and a title?

Reactions: DMG
They have their place, either mud or rock crawling. The rmax is way too short for rock crawling though, much less with portals. Too bad they didn't make the wheelbase like 100" on the 4 seat.

They have their place, either mud or rock crawling. The rmax is way too short for rock crawling though, much less with portals. Too bad they didn't make the wheelbase like 100" on the 4 seat.

I dont like the long 4 seaters for use in my region. They belly out and wont turn tight enough to get around trees.

The portals will sell to some redneck, take them off and post the on FB, CL ect.

Pictures?

This thing have a Vin and a title?
Ill grab a pic. It does have a vin and title. The dealer told him its a RMAX when he ordered parts

I dont like the long 4 seaters for use in my region. They belly out and wont turn tight enough to get around trees.

Ill grab a pic. It does have a vin and title. The dealer told him its a RMAX when he ordered parts

Ya, i had one. Most are around 117" wb and the x3 and pro r are 135":barf:

Rmax is 90" iirc. I think something in the middle would be good. The recent sxs blog video with the general, sport and rmax makes the rmax look scetchy at speed with people in the back.

I am not sure I want it now.
I waited until they released the Wolverine 4 seater and got to test drive it, I was disappointed. So I went and bought a new Teryx4 because it was thousands of dollars cheaper for basically the same buggy. After owning the T4 for a few months I upgraded shocks, wheels, a-arms, this was my plan from the beginning. I don't blame you if you don't buy it, unless it is a smokin deal.

Like previously mentioned, portals definitely have their place. Had them on my x3. It made a huge difference when rock crawling. 4” of lift, 30% gear reduction and put the axles at a minimum angle. Everything was good until I smoked the electric steering motor. Not sure if the portals caused it but probably didnt help.

Top Back Refresh