What's new

Poor mans Brisket on the smoker. AKA, Smoked chuck roast.

You never were a body builder were you? My main meal used to be a baked boneless skinless chicken breast covered with paprika to give it a crunch and a small dry baked potato :flipoff2:
If I wanted to suffer and eat shitty food Id just get myself thrown in a concentration camp.

If I wanted to suffer and eat shitty food Id just get myself thrown in a concentration camp.
Things have changed they know more about nutrition than we did back in the 80s.
It all seemed worth it when someone commented on how ripped you were, or as one of my collage professors said he didn't even need to look when I walked in the room because the air pressure changed as I came through the door :flipoff2:

FInished cooking the veg in the oven, they didn't turn out so well roast was great, need to thaw another one so I can get it smoked for this week end for my Aunt's birthday party

You never were a body builder were you? My main meal used to be a baked boneless skinless chicken breast covered with paprika to give it a crunch and a small dry baked potato :flipoff2:

Those who cared about abs and tone are fags. Just eat the fried chicken and be done with it.

But the hardest shit I ever did was dbol.

Those who cared about abs and tone are fags. Just eat the fried chicken and be done with it.

But the hardest shit I ever did was dbol.
You did read "USED TO BE" right? I didn't want abs and tone I wanted to be the biggest SOB in the school, a physiologist would say it has something to do with me getting beat up a lot in Jr High, and they would be right!
I'll bet there are lots of thing you do or have done that I could make the same fag statement about.
If you have used Dbol then you must have had some bodybuilding dreams yourself, probably football you sound like one of them types! See how it works?

Oddly enough I never used drugs, spent to much time in hospitals as a teenager after I got hit in the eye witha baseball. I was shocked the first time I heard that guys were using drugs to make themselves bigger, I was blessed with a body that natural responded to heavy weights.
I pay for it now with the loss of 90% of the cartilage in my knees and hips from a life of being a human forklift.

Anyone heard about using a Brahma hump as brisket? Saw a couple minutes of something about it,end product looked good.

Anyone heard about using a Brahma hump as brisket? Saw a couple minutes of something about it,end product looked good.
Most sale barns won't take Brahmas, around here a rancher may have a couple in their herd but that's because they like having "Floppy Ears" around. You want to make money you either have black or red cows, fools have some idea that multicolored cows meat taste different. :laughing:

I like to smoke mine for a few hours, throw it a either a lidded pan or crock pot ,with Beef Stock, and make open face sandwiches with it.

Last edited:
Late to the thread. I haven't done chuck roast that style but I pretty much have my entire family hooked to Mississippi pot roast sandwiches. Stupid easy to smoke. Once shredded I pile it on a toasted hoagie roll, couple slices of provolone, then melt and brown the cheese in the broiler. Good God it's tasty.

I've not heard of any of you injecting? On a chuck I'll inject beef broth and use Montreal steak seasoning for a rub. I'll put smoke to it for 1-1/2 to 2 hours and wrap. I pull it at 195 to 200 and put it in the cooler for a couple hours.

I'm going to inject the next one with
Tony Chachere's creole-Style Butter.

I've not heard of any of you injecting? On a chuck I'll inject beef broth and use Montreal steak seasoning for a rub. I'll put smoke to it for 1-1/2 to 2 hours and wrap. I pull it at 195 to 200 and put it in the cooler for a couple hours.

I'm going to inject the next one with
Tony Chachere's creole-Style Butter.
I don’t inject the roast or brisket, for no particular reason other than, I just don’t. I may try sometime though.

Now that TC creole-style butter is the bomb injected in a turkey

Going to do one of these tomorrow. Wanted to do a full brisket, but I don’t have the time to do it properly with other stuff going on.

2A238406-C96A-416D-B211-ACC3F19B7118.jpeg

It’s been in a little over an hour. Mesquite and oak smoke.

If you want a great meat spread for sandwiches take that roast and grind it. Then stir in some mayo.
My grandmother made that and those were the best sandwiches I’ve ever eaten.

If you want a great meat spread for sandwiches take that roast and grind it. Then stir in some mayo.
My grandmother made that and those were the best sandwiches I’ve ever eaten.
Cold roast beef with Mayo.:beer:

...I wanted to be the biggest SOB in the school, a physiologist would say it has something to do with me getting beat up a lot in Jr High, and they would be right!
Nothing wrong with staying a step or 2 ahead from being called a masochist-

Yes, it is. Saved a few of them from the rust pile a few years back. They were in pretty rough shape. I cleaned them up and used them mostly for stuff like this.
I have bought several of them over the years, mom used to have some unsure what happened to hers, but I got tired of having to sharpen the ones I bought for her down in Fl paid decent money for them in 1992 not having a second hand store to shop at here I went ahead and bought a set of new ones, the handle finish isn't as good as one that has years of use, but the blades still take and edge and keep it. The others are going to goodwill next trip we take to town

I tried this yesterday while i was working from home:

thawed a frozen 4lb chuck roast (had a bone in it)
mix 1Tbs of kosher salt and 2T of taco seasoning
applied to thawed roast and put in the fridge overnight.
set temp on Pit Boss grill at 250F and used Competiton Blend pellets
smoked for about 4.5 hrs to get the internal temp to 165F
wrapped in aluminum foil and put in the crock-pot on high to finish (took another 3 hrs) and reach 203F internal temp.
turned the crock-pot off and let it rest for another 4 hours
the internal temp was still 125F when i shredded it last night
it went into a bowl and into the fridge. the pieces i sampled were GOOD!!!

We will be having some Tacos/Nachos/Burritos this weekend!!!

X2! The one that drives me crazy is freekin chicken wings! Used to pick them up for .50 cent a pound. Now they're like 3.50 to 4 dollars a pound! Thighs are 1.98 a pound, how is a wing 3.50?!?!?

DAMN HIPSTERS!!!!
I was going back through this. Back in the 60s when my buddy and I were in Jr High we got involved in the Civic Light Opera, we would ride the bus to the college to work on sets for a musical, we had to change buses at a Walgreens down town Alb. they had 5 cent, fried chicken wings which we usually had enough change for a couple each.

Top Back Refresh