What's new

Polaris stop ride recall

JR4X

wheeler
race
Member Number
Loc
Farmington NM
Anybody affected by any of this bullshit?

I have two friends that have RZR’s that Polaris has issued stop ride recalls. Polaris isn’t fixing them right now, just telling people not to drive them. If you continue to drive them it voids your warranty but you still gotta pay for it. One friend has the Pro XP4 with the fuel fire hazard recall. The other has an XPT4 with the clutch recall. They both have just parked their buggies so they don’t “lose” the warranty. If it were mine, I’d make Polaris buy it back if I can’t ride it. WTF :confused:

Like anyone on here is affording near $30k golf carts 🤣

Friends don't let friends buy Polaris RzR's. :flipoff2:

Unless you replace the whole damn thing with aftermarket parts it's guaranteed to be a piece of shit of the lowest quality. This isn't the first time they have had "Do Not Ride" recalls about their turds catching fire because of substandard build practices related to the fuel systems. My buddy had a brand new RzR S turbo thing 6 or 7 years ago that he couldn't drive because of some recall about it catching fire and burning to the ground. He had to wait several months before it was fixed.....

My Uncle has 2 that have been sitting in impound for 8 months now with no word on fixes. :shocked:
What 2 models?

Why for 8 months, didn't these recalls for fire and exploding clutchs just come up fairly recently?

I know the steering wheel thing is sort of old but anybody can fix that themselves with an aftermarket steering wheel.

Hey wasnt the cpsc created during the big bank bailouts?

some friends in Texarkana have a Turbo R4 and he took his apart to look over the fuel system. He said he looked at every inch of the fuel system from tank to injector and his wasn't leaking so he rode it.

I would be pissed to spend nigh $40k and they issue the stop rides with no plan in place to fix their fuckups. I didn't know that if you continued to ride it that it would void your warranty though. :flipoff:

After two do not ride recalls on my poo-laris I promised myself I would never buy another one. The Yamaha has been better to me. Two years and only one minor recall on the O2 sensor wire routing. Fixed myself With a simple reroute. Of course they probably wouldn’t warranty anything on mine now lol. I’m sorry for those stuck with their machines sitting while Polaris continues to repeat the same mistakes. My solution was to eliminate all the plastic and stock exhaust garbage. Of course it looked nothing like a RZR when I was done.

My '18 R&T has been pretty trouble free. Only recall I got was for stitching for the click 6 harness. I called the dealer about it and he said they just inspect it and go from there. I wasn't going to haul my RZR 30+ miles for them to look at it so i didn't worry about it. Only other issue I have had is the spline cups on the front diff leaking. they use a freeze plug style cup to seal the spline cups and the Demand Drive fluid is pretty thin and seeps thru. I have rebuilt the front diff when the pinion bearing cage exited stage left and pushed the pinion seal out. I should have had a buddy tig weld the spline cups and cut the weld smooth on a lathe. Might do that this winter while we aren't riding as much.

Dealing with it on the snowmobile. Can't get in to any shops near me. No warranty to worry about though so just riding.

I've only had a fuel pump recall on my Honda talon. I didn't take it in, just bought a spare and keep in it the rig in case the pump goes bad. I had a polaris. Horrible build quality.

So, dumb question, but how do they know whether you keep driving it after the "stop ride" and void your warranty unless yours catches on fire and burns after they issued the "stop ride"? :confused:

What 2 models?

Why for 8 months, didn't these recalls for fire and exploding clutchs just come up fairly recently?

I know the steering wheel thing is sort of old but anybody can fix that themselves with an aftermarket steering wheel.

I don't know. They were here visiting 2 months ago and said it had been sitting nearly all summer. he wasn't very happy about it.

Answered your own question.
do they have proof you got it?
unless you signed for it or the Sheriff handed it to you, they don't have any proof....got lost in the mail

O have a RZR that I have flogged on for the last 10 years now, and it has treated me well, but I wouldn't stop riding it, fuck em

Reactions: IGT
do they have proof you got it?
unless you signed for it or the Sheriff handed it to you, they don't have any proof....got lost in the mail

O have a RZR that I have flogged on for the last 10 years now, and it has treated me well, but I wouldn't stop riding it, fuck em

If you are willing to take a $40k risk and play the "I didn't know" game, more power to you. I can almost guarantee you that you would end up with the short stick in that situation.

no way i'd stop riding.

shit caught fire i wouldn't even bother contacting popo, i'd turn it into insurance and let them deal with polaris.

the warrenties are garbage anyway, not worth the effort to warrenty anything that i've seen yet. insurance is way easier to deal with and seem to not give a fuck when it comes to sxs's. when my first polaris sxs windowed the trans at 1500mi, insurance covered it assuming it was damaged from when i wrecked it. they even encouraged me to have my buddy give me a bill so that they could pay him for the towing costs. i didn't bother with that part but it has been crazy to me how cheap and easy the insurance is on these things.
i hate to even admit it, as other than medical stuff i've only ever dealt with insurance twice. both were sxs's and 'totaled' and they just cut a check. in both cases the payout was way more than the purchase price. on my x3 that had an msrp of $25 ish, their payout was over 30k because thats what they were selling for at the time. it hardly makes sense to me but thats how it went.

Just like most of their other recalls, not a ton of units actually experience the issues but after the fiasco with the 1000xp's back in 2015 they're very cautious. We've seen one clutch failure on a Turbo and that's because the guys an idiot.

My Turbo R 4 is affected by this. Very little info from Polaris at the point. Oh well, I didn't want to enjoy my riding season anyway. :flipoff2:

I've had two on mine. First one was a fuel leak due to a pinched vent line and the second was the clutch. The first I inspected and verified that it didn't have the issue and the second I just kept an eye on and still used the thing until I could get them to fix it. Screw parking a toy just use a little common sense.

Course now the thing is down for the count with a completely totaled, engine so that is fun. :shaking:

My father in law has had his rzr xp turbo 4 parked since receiving his Do Not Ride in Sept due to potential of clutch exploding at high rpm. Polaris has been consistent at least. They still have no idea what they are going to do.

Why hasn’t someone started a class action lawsuit or something forcing Polaris to buy back or replace or something?

My father in law has had his rzr xp turbo 4 parked since receiving his Do Not Ride in Sept due to potential of clutch exploding at high rpm. Polaris has been consistent at least. They still have no idea what they are going to do.

Why hasn’t someone started a class action lawsuit or something forcing Polaris to buy back or replace or something?
Polaris only issues it as a stop ride to cover their ass. I've seen one failure of the 20+ we've done and it was customer induced. I'd keep riding it. The parts and repair are ready

Depending on your state you can qualify.

Depending on your state you can qualify.
It doesn’t look like TN lemon laws cover off road vehicles. Still seems like there is something that can legally hold Polaris accountable. Polaris has said they know how to fix but cannot get material to do it. Whatever.

It doesn’t look like TN lemon laws cover off road vehicles. Still seems like there is something that can legally hold Polaris accountable. Polaris has said they know how to fix but cannot get material to do it. Whatever.
May look into Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act to see if you have any standing there.

Top Back Refresh