What's new

Polaris Ace, any opinions?

Tiha

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Been kicking around a SxS for a cheap easy way to get back into wheeling.

Riding ATVs now. These Polaris Aces keep showing up. 570 it says. Single seat.

Which honestly who is going to ride with me? Or who would I want to ride with me?

So are they crap? Capable? Joke?

Are they the same size as a standard ATV or still bigger?

Many ATV parks near me only allow certain width machines which eliminates most SxS buggies. But if the ACE is small enough to ride standard ATV trails it would be much more useful to me.

Attachments

• 00101_51ZRwv6lYPTz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00101_51ZRwv6lYPTz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 27
Have you sat in one? I haven't, but I thought they were kind of marketed as a teenager's type ride and look really small/tight.

What about a Maverick trail? They have the narrow width and allow for two seats. I believe they are 50" wide which should get them on any ATV trail.

Have you sat in one? I haven't, but I thought they were kind of marketed as a teenager's type ride and look really small/tight.

What about a Maverick trail? They have the narrow width and allow for two seats. I believe they are 50" wide which should get them on any ATV trail.
Nope never sat in one. Probably is too small. I am over 6ft anyway.

I honestly know nothing when it comes to this stuff. Just keep seeing them pop up fairly cheap. Looks like you can get a 570 with Power steering for around $5k. Seemed like a cheap start.

Will have to check out the maverick.

Did look it up. the Ace will fit on ATV trails it is the same size as the sportsman, just about 10 inches longer over all. So turning radius is worse but I am sure it is like a 2up atv.

65" in the max width for most trails in iowa run parks. Honestly I cannot imagine 65" fitting on the most of the trails we run. Gypsum, tama, and bluff creek are the ones we go to the most.
Gypsum is the only one that allows SxS machines and mostly a perimeter trail and that is it.

Certain trails, or parts of trails allow wider machines. Very limited still. Gypsum has a nice play ground though.

Looks like the maverick comes from 50" to 72"

Ace width is 48"

The ATVs we are currently riding are 46" or less.

65" in the max width for most trails in iowa run parks. Honestly I cannot imagine 65" fitting on the most of the trails we run. Gypsum, tama, and bluff creek are the ones we go to the most.
Gypsum is the only one that allows SxS machines and mostly a perimeter trail and that is it.

Certain trails, or parts of trails allow wider machines. Very limited still. Gypsum has a nice play ground though.

Looks like the maverick comes from 50" to 72"

Ace width is 48"

The ATVs we are currently riding are 46" or less.

Our former neighbor bought the 50" Maverick trail when they switched from a four wheeler so they could still ride the ATV trails and not just the wide trials. They really like it.

I drove an Ace 325 when they first came out and realized it was not for me. I liked the idea about them being narrow and only slightly longer than most atvs but something I didn't think about is with the Ace you are sitting down the entire time and the suspension was very limited. Imagine running down a trial and come up on a deep rut, with an atv you can stand to help absorb it with the Ace your back is gonna feel it. I think most Ace 50" wide models are not meant for aggressive riding, jmo.

That is great info. I am sure after some mods it will be wider than 50" anyway.

as said above the Ace are 50" machines. think ATV with a cage and seat/steering wheel. When we were in AR this past weekend one of the couples had an RS1 (hubby) and wife had a 900 Ace. the Ace has dual A arms front and rear. It's not going to ride near as well as a DAA front and trailing arm/radius rods rear.

If I was completely set on a 50" machine I would get a RZR Trail or the Can Am version. still 50" wide but two seats. or go to the RZR-S which are 60" wide.

If you want 50" wide I love my pioneer 500. No belts to break, stupid reliable. Stupid Durable. Travel is limited but Walker Evans makes Shocks to help that. I have a 16 last of the full manual only models. After that you switch between manual/automatic

Top Back Refresh