What's new

Plan B F250

Snowracer

Member Number
figured id add a quick build thread for my pos rig

started as a $400 shit box that turned into a pretty good trail rig. then i got little crazy like normal and wanted to try racing it and well its pretty smashed up and not much longer for the world as have already started on its replacement

s0b8z8PmcU0lnu_eOVvR9XfvzfhR49CPtOTj1Biw7-Vg=w2400.jpg

after a little cutting and welding it was a pretty cool truck that i actually liked and was built pretty cheap

WwiGQbZ1Vv_Cds_MyR5Q5yxZ6EIibG9hoBr8noz_Pjrg=w2400.jpg

found out that $400 truck are not ment to last and the motor gave up the battle and this is where i got crazy. got rid of the small block and did a 429 efi swap but also cut the frame off and built a new one

N4eywYKIn_AyQ3fixcTmf-I1uzFz5iOaOexUz-JVPUbg=w2400.jpg

Zw4NXPrB7PQnQ1GEbVAHFY8x0lZzuULQHoO3if3uYp2A=w2400.jpg

doing more trial truck stuff and starting to show its body damage

3jp1QkGAGH0PGh78khup0HTNQzXbVcAZnxuY9fyfdR7A=w2400.jpg

IlTx8DQQnABHMblyQNPQJANGcTyob4TG16a_3E1_2X6w=w2400.jpg

around this time it started to get the go fast parts and was beating on it harder and looking to start racing it

3" bypasses and deaver springs

eklh4__1sbGvSsG_Uu8VR2y9KERsa-KpkDWDDWI6BLYw=w2400.jpg

3" coil overs

aYm1l3D3AewPXlTS1wd5rjpxBItALiAPBl0GKQrQ38Nw=w2400.jpg

then this happened

SlBIHGClUCfjpMBattP9wjEwm1wQ_Fmz36a0JAp8mH0g=w2400.jpg

little ruff after the flop

lAnkx66NJuMaTS98XkYGTIu5XdbILaPKs9pcqrJioL8g=w2400.jpg

but the weekend after it was back to racing and took even more of a beating

najxrmdIlhaBzbDnw77XjLwfMkS_lD4iOokaSbYUTHWg=w2400.jpg

anHVHLnzLqoxcPOyfOpOkofD2o7aXSrGxihBN7GPyVSA=w2400.jpg

84s767QhCa6puxyPNnTUXFB5Q3BpK6ZdDTjSYwRm6_xQ=w2400.jpg

back to trail riding

wnYFc4C3BoaWhSLc7NGlDKIeuni46Ao-Yqtabs_FPz1A=w2400.jpg

UyYZ-wHOQy4tfX_nwDMR-uWkBltyMFs-ZsqrB3-C1Dgw=w2400.jpg

erNKEHF25O19zHH9Jgf3b1V2t-vtWaqdqByRWXj375eA=w2400.jpg

then was time for a cage and little less sheet metal

ihPmz0F5I479mVvjstyxYRXlkcUQbxacVVDFLNiLFfKA=w2400.jpg

4tlvwauiJWq5BSStlI83475UZpFoRD8FaXpKif7Z7YeQ=w2400.jpg

MCVpPOipPPz40FrDkRu4_xupdQl9jTy_lZWFNODuywiA=w2400.jpg

was race time again, this time at Insanity Fab Winter Challenge. i brought the suck and was was out pretty quick

A37xJ5L278QNyYIBWpmvPnDWpz9iX8BV_9vfS3WRcGRw=w2400.jpg

clipped a tree and busted a steering joint and was done

IAuNtW-NEAK8HxdgNqBHY2ABW4tTXKs936pDf_QrF0nA=w2400.jpg

also messed up the C pretty bad and had to change that

cGFZXFWiIGnTE2XngVk4fssIBLDCtdDzJ8HSiCyfPmlg=w2400.jpg

then back to the trails

9DYxJ4EriDy9zfTQqC6dk5HHN7FNn6KjhJSwYiW8yL6A=w2400.jpg

3lCxWynkcxAkpOmV4JDQyfoew7NUJAThslhEO-Lq67zw=w2400.jpg

L-l6cJ46h2ozoS7DwrdHegF7v93jjtJihsLVttBNrPGA=w2400.jpg

Bxf8n1xYmJxAJWCp_IISOO4nx-9vz7V6g9HNsExveDUw=w2400.jpg

new front tube work as didnt like the 3 boob look after cutting the front clip up

BcFCQ1Tj7LW8Ga38qEBp-o_7_YN3i1CnzJq6mbov8lZw=w2400.jpg

then back to racing

jxaF56s5a0QNxZb3ZWLHN4-5bu0O8Hvyr7XLqopZopVw=w2400.jpg

3CXQRCj32sXHjdXW8wpw6QKqP7Wkw9X9RqravDsXhaVw=w2400.jpg

vj5yA8BQ2BR-LqCSf-Dhi4XOjAbuxsSv09N4x4v-jLTg=w2400.jpg

Looks better without the 3 boob light bar. But this rig isn't about looks.
:smokin:

the girlfriend was giving me a hard time about how ugly my truck is compared to everyone elses rigs till we went out and the truck flat out worked. now she still calls its ugly but wants to drive it when ever we go out :rolleyes:

truck was running like ass at the race, could hear an exhaust leak but thought it was just the small crack i had found in my one header. so i ordered new headers, same ching chong ones i was running. turns out my leak was little more then just a header crack, found a big nasty one on my exhaust pipe right after the header flange. figured it would be an easy fix of put new headers on and weld a new flange part on and be good. well turns out the ching chong headers where a little off from the olds ones, about inch and half off so had to re work the Y pipe

GfDO5xIKDS0lL70Ej4TF1yMbiwnnR-bYF29OBgD0mhJA=w2400.jpg

with the crack fixed, new headers and gaskets truck ran best it ever has. went wheeling and no more stalling, running rich or backfires so really happy with it now.

yB_XTKyAUpOm997SDAQ9kHt5gwqxZKpSD_Gzbtu4B1fw=w2400.jpg

sFPcY-EOC64jIVgyCw4A9ATpUjKfJ0HWiPmph5fZKBJQ=w2400.jpg

been trying out the hole outdoorsy thing with the camper and been enjoying that

uhqCa10vBrG0nlUzOWzpnGE4wprRA10t0OC5iB6rcYjw=w2400.jpg

QhdoX0nd1O6jFR6Q-KL91v50dJRfRWVCG13uVudS-nRQ=w2400.jpg

and with the whole out doors thing i have been building an "adventure" trailer. used 10.50 spindles so that the trailer is 8x170 same as my truck so can swap tires if need be as running my old 35s on the trailer :rolleyes:

EkzUen0OBdA3IOFGct8kBKFuzb_kkMT8HxWtW56o-IHQ=w2400.jpg

Such a Bitchen rig! Going to run it again in Insanity fab winter challenge?

thats a hard one as i want to go back and try again as really brought the suck when i did race so would like some redemption. pretty sure if i was to do it i would class down in the smaller tire class as it was just crazy this year in the big tire class with full on race rigs and big hp and tires that it was no longer competitive for the average guy. will really come down to the boarders opening back up as so its just a waiting game but have pretty much written off racing in 2021 unless you yanks can calm the fuck down :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Hey good to see you made it over here:smokin: truck looks like its doing good

now go make a welfare duty thread! :flipoff2:

thats a hard one as i want to go back and try again as really brought the suck when i did race so would like some redemption. pretty sure if i was to do it i would class down in the smaller tire class as it was just crazy this year in the big tire class with full on race rigs and big hp and tires that it was no longer competitive for the average guy. will really come down to the boarders opening back up as so its just a waiting game but have pretty much written off racing in 2021 unless you yanks can calm the fuck down :flipoff2:

I understand that, I am registered for the NIMAC and There are some fast cars registered the small tire class. The big tire class in the snow looks wicked :smokin:

I understand that, I am registered for the NIMAC and There are some fast cars registered the small tire class. The big tire class in the snow looks wicked :smokin:

id be more tempted to come down and do that race as could bring my camper and would only be a day each way not 2 days like it takes in the winter. plus it would be a faster race and hopefully less carnage :lmao: will be cheering you on as been lurking your build on IG and its super clean and pimp :smokin:

Last edited:
Nice snowracer, glad to see you here! The adventure trailer is looking sweet. It seems like you never stop :laughing:

thanks man, trailer is pretty much at a stand still now as i no longer need it so not sure what to do with it :rolleyes: and no i never stop as about to start another project soon just cause i can

thanks man, trailer is pretty much at a stand still now as i no longer need it so not sure what to do with it :rolleyes: and no i never stop as about to start another project soon just cause i can

What changed that your not planning to finish it?

What changed that your not planning to finish it?

i was building it so the gf could bring her kayak with us when we go camping. well we are no longer together and i do not have a kayak myself so pretty much have built a trailer i dont need anymore. ill finish it and see if i use it and if i dont then will sell it but im no longer in a rush to finish it, was supposed to be done last week for the holidays i just got back from :rolleyes:

because i didnt get the trailer done i quickly built a hitch mounted spare holder and jerry can holder

GSneDt_hVyuY9xWigaA5kf4Ola5zHfmU8cdrEEJZyZwg=w2400.jpg

then the dog and i hit the road for a week long camping trip and it was pretty awesome doing dirt roads everyday and not seeing anyone else or having cell reception and just relaxing. seen little bit of every kind of terrain we have around my parts

k98EB3tVTqDch4EvpPe_qigt-yjeNODBF1NDYt6Jebpg=w2400.jpg

Tlk0tJiFJ7KZk4xHsLuNXFowXFnmPVTBd5pFYqBULOfQ=w2400.jpg

By9luSqOb09VEin1r83y7_j7mBP8TzTPC4Q76Yu9-nMw=w2400.jpg

lL6XTYiREjFcgYmt9Tx-eSQIMgCQiuxb5F29n1k-y_rA=w2400.jpg

Nice tire carrier, but, it looks to block the camper door. I have 37" spare and it fits under the truck in usual location without modification. I also have truck camper and pull heavy trailers so full size spare is a must.
I built a generator carrier for the front bumper using a receiver, as space is limited.
attachment.php

Nice tire carrier, but, it looks to block the camper door. I have 37" spare and it fits under the truck in usual location without modification. I also have truck camper and pull heavy trailers so full size spare is a must.
I built a generator carrier for the front bumper using a receiver, as space is limited.
attachment.php

you can sort of see it in the first pic and the one when camping but the spare tires is pinned on bushings so it opens up when you need to get in to the camper. was a rush job and did pick up a bend after a week of dirt roads but did its job.

you can sort of see it in the first pic and the one when camping but the spare tires is pinned on bushings so it opens up when you need to get in to the camper. was a rush job and did pick up a bend after a week of dirt roads but did its job.

Yes I see that it swings. I'm in and out of mine a lot to get fermented beverages and such, so though I would share spare info.
:)

Doesn't look like a rush job at all, even has a maple leaf!

apparently i missed a few things on IG and FB. that camper was/is looking good. bummer about the rest. Your camping pics are amazing!!! any progress on the slick conversion?

apparently i missed a few things on IG and FB. that camper was/is looking good. bummer about the rest. Your camping pics are amazing!!! any progress on the slick conversion?

zero progress on that slick, as of right now the 62 cab is sitting in my flower bed in the back yard and the 64 is sitting at a friends farm in the field. have zero idea what im doing as im having a hard time putting PlanB down as its been working so well and sure can take a beating. Part of me wants to just be lazy and put the 62 cab on this truck frame and just do a new cage, part of me wants to build a new frame and narrow the cab then swap everything over to that. I also have a TMR chassis sitting in my shop that i was going to build but not sure now so been trying to sell it but not having much luck. Do have another race next weekend so actually have to look at the truck and get it ready this weekend, will see how it does and might make some small changes over winter but im in no real rush to do anything right now. Also about to make my old 78 plow truck drivable again and want to make it a mild street/trail truck so that will keep me busy for a bit too :rolleyes:

Top Back Refresh