Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Midwest-MO/KS/AR/OK/NE/IA

Places to wheel in KS,MO,AR,OK,NE,IA area.

KungFooMASTA

El Stupido
Member Number
Loc
17 miles West of Murdock KS
Me and my people are looking for new places to wheel.

We have been to Disney and Smorr a million times and like them but want to try new places too.

Places we have been
Disney
Smorr
Tuttle Creek
Alden KS - Arkansas River bottom - Not sure that is still good to go. It was not extreme but was close.

I have not gone but a few friends went to Flat Nasty I want to go sometime.

Places we plan to go
K-Rocks
Clayton
K trail

Not sure about Rush Springs I have not heard much about it. Is it big enough? Or is it a small park.

All our rigs are on tons with 38-43” tires. We like trails that are a challenge but not impossible.
If we are going any distance we want to the trails to be long enough to make a long weekend worth without doing the same thing over and over again.

Does anyone know of anything fun.

In for updates. I have done Krocks and Disney, looking for more options.

Krocks was fun because there are trails for all types.

We went to RMR about 5 weeks ago. Good time. Really big rocks, everywhere. Not much in the way of "trails", but lots of really big rocks. Sticky big rocks. :laughing:

it is south east of tulsa, I think in the clayton area. (maybe it used to be called clayton?)

Been to disney(didnt care for it) been to smorr( its been quit awhile ago, I hear it is a lot more difficult now), been to randolph(tuttle creek, it 1./5 hours from me, go all the time. heading there in a few minutes):laughing:

A buddy is in Potaue(sp) mountain this weekend. I almost went, but the timing was just off by this much><. He said its a lot like RMR. Big sticky rocks.

Crossbar Ranch, about an hour south of OKC on 35. Not much hard core wheeling though. Pretty decent for a day/weekend trip.

Where is RMR? We like Crossbar. And it has some pretty hairy stuff in my opinion. Superlift in Hot Springs is a blast, and the town is pretty cool, too.

We love going to Arkansas, but I don’t know how many of the trails are legal for a full size machine like that. We’re going to Mack’s Pines for Thanksgiving, and I remember that place being pretty great.

Where is RMR? We like Crossbar. And it has some pretty hairy stuff in my opinion. Superlift in Hot Springs is a blast, and the town is pretty cool, too.

We love going to Arkansas, but I don’t know how many of the trails are legal for a full size machine like that. We’re going to Mack’s Pines for Thanksgiving, and I remember that place being pretty great.

Daisy Oklahoma. Near Clayton I think. I for sure want to go but I need more spare everything before I do go.

https://ruggedmountainranch.com

We are going to K-Rocks on Thanksgiving weekend. I will report back after we go. It is the only weekend they let you run till midnight.

I dont like going places that limit the time you can be on the trail especially ones like Krocks that normally want to shut you down real early.

I can deal with SMORRs be back by midnight time. But at K Rocks their time is 8am to 7pm. What a joke. Who wants to drive 250 miles to wheel for 11 hours. Im guessing its ran by old people that go to sleep early.

Any current information on K Trail (Kiamichi Trail)?

I'm trying to plan a long weekend trip with my boys and our Polaris ranger for some camping and mild "wheeling". Probably late December

I had read that the east entrance may have some issues. I need to know where to park the truck/trailer for a couple of days.

Thanks

Yeah we didn’t go K rocks last weekend. My friend read somewhere that weekend with the midnight run they didnt open till 7pm Saturday and it was a “guided” night run. We dont play those sissy games. He tried calling them but couldn’t get through.

Anyone that can tell me otherwise.

We just went to Disney again. Kind of getting Disneyed out but you can beat good wheeling for free with no limitations on how late or early you can run. I think we wheeled till midnight one night and 2:30am the next. It was slick as fuck out. Easy stuff was unpossible.

We were going to go to BigMeatRun in Disney this weekend but our camp spot is flooded out. Thats fine with me, I dont like going to Disneys big events anymore due to disrespectful sxs taking over.

Curtism Last minute found us a place to stay and we are going to Clayton to wheel Green Acres. I want to do K-Trail but I dont think we have the long distance rigs to do it. Not enough roof racks and rooftop tents, not enough fuel jugs hanging off the back and no tree cables. :flipoff2:

What do you all know about Green Acres? Will we all break within an hour and end up upside down and dead or will we be bored?

We bailed on BMR this year after we saw the FB videos from the Dam yesterday. Interested in Clayton as well (to trail respectfully with our SxS's)!

Any information regarding camping and trail difficulty/variety would be great.

only complaint about clayton is lack of shitters....... sound petty but damit man i am not in the military anymore and dont feel like i need to shit in the woods.

wheeling is off the charts fun though.

We got here to Clayton yesterday and wheeled from around 5pm till about 2 am. This place is fun as hell, I think. The boulders are fun but they might be getting old quick. This place is no place for tires under 40”.

My jeep is on 39.5 curts is on 43s. We both have 19” belly pans. This is no place for 19” belly pans.

I would definitely recommend good diff covers and skid plates under everything and pinion guards too.

First night out I popped a tire tube. One guy here with a 1 ton Chev smashed his trans pan and Curt broke a rear u joint and pinion yoke. The one Toyota on 35s its Curtis’ with someone else driving it survived with no damage. The one guy here with a sxs says he is not taking it out there again he hated it. And we all got lost repeatedly.

As of now I like this place we will see how much I like it after a whole weekend. So far we have not found any easy cruising smooth trails its all boulders anywhere from basketball size to Volkswagen size with lots and lots of washing machine sized ones everywhere in between. So far we are the only people here but that might change today. We might run up the road to Rugged Mountain Ranch for Saturday to check it out if we haven’t all destroyed our stuff by then.

Thank you for the info, from looking at pictures, this is exactly what I was worried about.

My little ranger crew would not like it...

Have a great weekend! Look forward to a trip report!

:beer::beer::beer:

892E2985-5975-4B6E-903B-F89B7B69576E.jpeg
9C5DA02D-D013-4552-83D5-AD0C23005899.jpeg
D6C1695E-11FB-4E75-A625-DF4FBB923744.jpeg
8F7D23FF-7F3A-41D8-8790-722F8230C878.jpeg
243C8F02-5B53-42E4-A8DA-F1D71DD8C2A4.jpeg

Green Acres is great. It is very rough and boulders everywhere. I would recommend no tires under 40” and skidplates under everything. We stayed at a house called Climb on Inn. I would recommend it to anyone its super clean and the owner I think is a wheeler and a good guy. The cops are cool with us going from the house to the trails and told us to be careful about leaving valuables out in the open that some of the locals that are known thieves. We didnt have any problems though even when curt left all his high dollar tools out on the trailer right next to the road all day and all night.

First night out I pinched a tube and we got lost and the big Chevy broke a trans pan, the blue CJ broke a rear u joint and pinion yoke. Second day we fixed both. Second night out we got back to the house by midnight and didnt break anything. 3rd day the CJ broke its rear pinion yoke again I pinched another tube and cut my spare. I borrowed a spare from the big Chevy. The CJ with the gps and map ran ahead of us and lost us. The other 3 of us got real lost after midnight. I broke both brake lines on one side so I had no brakes and no idea where I was going. The CJ found us about 2 am. He got lost leading us out. Climbing back up a hill we just went down everyone ahead of me stopped. I tried to stop against a tree but missed it and couldn’t get it into gear and started flying backwards downhill with no brakes. I smashed into a tree and shoved my tailgate in about 6” and bounced forward at the same time it jammed into gear so I just kept going up i
until I got on flat ground. About 100 yards out of the trails the big Chevy lost its brakes too its master cylinder broke. But we all made it out at about 3am.

I ordered Eldorado rear brakes so I can have an emergency brake. Green Acres is no place for no brakes. Its also no place for sxs so dont even bother.

We were the only people on the trails the entire weekend. I really couldn’t believe how nobody was there. If we were not so far away we would go all the time. It is definitely more fun than Disney. If you just want to take it easy and cruise trails these are not for you. If you want nonstop crawling this is for you. I give it :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: out of :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: for both the trails and the place we stayed.

Rugged mountain ranch is a blast, lots of fun. Its pretty close to Disney if I remember. I'm not from the area so I could be mistaken. Tackett creek was a fun mediocre warm up trail. We found some legit stuff late at night. You have a solid long weekend at RMR.

Rugged mountain ranch is a blast, lots of fun. Its pretty close to Disney if I remember. I'm not from the area so I could be mistaken. Tackett creek was a fun mediocre warm up trail. We found some legit stuff late at night. You have a solid long weekend at RMR.

RMR and Clayton are 175 miles Southwest of Disney.

RMR is 20 miles from Clayton actually. We talked about going there last Saturday but Clayton was enough to keep us entertained. RMR is where Flex Rocks and Rollovers did the 24 hell and back. RMR is only open from 8am to 7pm or something like that. We like to run late at night too so that is part of the reason we didnt go. But we will go sometime for sure.

RMR and Clayton are 175 miles Southwest of Disney.

RMR is 20 miles from Clayton actually. We talked about going there last Saturday but Clayton was enough to keep us entertained. RMR is where Flex Rocks and Rollovers did the 24 hell and back. RMR is only open from 8am to 7pm or something like that. We like to run late at night too so that is part of the reason we didnt go. But we will go sometime for sure.

Clayton.. got Disney and Clayton confused. If RMR Closes at 8 I'd think everyone in that park would be surprised.. we ran till 3-4 am every night and ran into quite a few groups after midnight. I can't remember the gentleman's name there that runs it but he never mentioned trails closing at 8 either. I remember seeing that 24hr video on YouTube. We ran that in about 10 hrs with 9 cars and hit every bonus line We could find lol!! lots of fuckery at that place

Clayton.. got Disney and Clayton confused. If RMR Closes at 8 I'd think everyone in that park would be surprised.. we ran till 3-4 am every night and ran into quite a few groups after midnight. I can't remember the gentleman's name there that runs it but he never mentioned trails closing at 8 either. I remember seeing that 24hr video on YouTube. We ran that in about 10 hrs with 9 cars and hit every bonus line We could find lol!! lots of fuckery at that place

I was just going off what Curtism said he read on their website. Who knows he might have just been gone off the Black Velvet when he looked into RMR.

Reactions: POR
Shawn is in charge now but Roland is still out there guiding and setting up events. We were there a couple weeks ago and will be back this coming weekend. They definitely run late into the night. Good times

What is the word on Crossbar Ranch? Is it worth going on rigs with 42s+ or will we be bored? We are going somewhere Halloween weekend just not sure where yet. The pictures on their website look kind of boring.

Top Back Refresh