What's new

Places to stay for Hatfield McCoy Trail system

wvracer821

Member Number
Loc
Morgantown, WV
I'm planning a trip to ride golfcarts down at the Hatfield McCoy trail system in southern WV and I'm looking for any input on places to stay down there. I'm sure atleast a few of the IBB members have been there.

No idea or help as to where to stay but don't get caught with alcohol on the trail system.

I always stay at Crumpler Mountain Resort with Shana and Chris. Good people, and they’re right by the outlaws and close to Indian Ridge, Pocahontas, and Pinnacle Creek systems.

The Outlaws are more fun and most people drink profusely on them.

I dont plan to do any drinking on the trail. I'm from WV and I know the rules down there. im not sure how I have made it this long without taking the trip down.

Thanks for the tip on Crumpler Mountain Resort, ill give them a call tomorrow

I dont plan to do any drinking on the trail. I'm from WV and I know the rules down there. im not sure how I have made it this long without taking the trip down.

Thanks for the tip on Crumpler Mountain Resort, ill give them a call tomorrow
+1 (828) 455-7418

It’s a little tricky getting there. Do not follow GPS.

There are also some great houses to rent near the crumpler resort. Great management, clean and nice.
sorry I can’t remember the guys name.

There are also some great houses to rent near the crumpler resort. Great management, clean and nice.
sorry I can’t remember the guys name.
Aren’t the houses in Crumpler owned and operated by Ashland Resort? I think there’s also Urban Detox down there.

Crumpler Mountain is fun. You can get hooked up with a group if you’re wanting to find new trails, or just looking for more people to party with. :laughing: I think there’s 4 cabins up by the office rather close together and another section 3 houses away from everything.

Aren’t the houses in Crumpler owned and operated by Ashland Resort? I think there’s also Urban Detox down there.

Crumpler Mountain is fun. You can get hooked up with a group if you’re wanting to find new trails, or just looking for more people to party with. :laughing: I think there’s 4 cabins up by the office rather close together and another section 3 houses away from everything.
They are both. You book through the resort but the owner will stop by and make sure everything is up to snuff. Great dude. Lives right next to the first place we rented a few years ago and stopped by every place we rented to check in.

You’ll get real bored with Hatfield trails, probably the first day. If you ride hard you can easily do 130 miles or more on them in a day. Pretty much like dirt roads.
Try Ivy Branch trail just outside Charleston. There's quite a few challenging trails there. I've ridden there for years, before H&M took it over. Definatly fill a day there.

You’ll get real bored with Hatfield trails, probably the first day. If you ride hard you can easily do 130 miles or more on them in a day. Pretty much like dirt roads.
Yep. I ran them with a bunch of guys who were about speed, not crawling or quality of the ride ....just fastest to the next pit stop. Everyone was scared of real trails. Was a shame.

Try Ivy Branch trail just outside Charleston. There's quite a few challenging trails there. I've ridden there for years, before H&M took it over. Definatly fill a day there.

Seen a few pictures/videos from there, on my to hit list. Having a nice permanent site and being 40 minutes from Wellsville makes it hard to go anywhere else though.

Top Back Refresh