What's new

Pistol caliber ARs

Borke the 9mm today. I'll have to call the manufacturer Monday and get a new mag release. Round went off out of battery and blew the mag out. Second time it's happened. Didn't break anything the first time. I'm certain the binary trigger is the cause.
20230610_080010.jpg

You are getting bolt bounce. Your buffer is way too light. What buffer/buffer spring are you running?

Last edited:
You are getting bolt bounce. Your buffer is way too light. What buffer/buffer spring are you running?
Don't remember what is currently in it. I have a few different ones. I went through a few when I initially set it up and was having cycling issues. I'll check it out and order a heavier set up.
Thanks, for the heads up.

Don't remember what is currently in it. I have a few different ones. I went through a few when I initially set it up and was having cycling issues. I'll check it out and order a heavier set up.
Thanks, for the heads up.

Get the KAK 10 ounce. It actually weighs closer to 11 ounces. With 9mm you can’t have too heavy of a buffer. 124 grain will cycle 37.5 ounces of bolt/buffer weight out of a 2.5 inch barrel.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Getting the rolled pin out of the mag release looks like it's gonna be a bitch. Only one way in/out.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Getting the rolled pin out of the mag release looks like it's gonna be a bitch. Only one way in/out.

I see online lots of people run .308 springs for some reason. Standard 5.56 carbine spring is all you need. I tried the .308 spring and had nothing but problems. People run them as a band aid for a buffer that’s too light but that gets you feeding issues.

Top Back Refresh