What's new

Pistol caliber ARs

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
Who’s got them and what do you have? I have a 7 inch Foxtrot Mike 9mm. I’ve had it for almost 2 years. I originally bought the lower bare and put a lower parts kit in it with a slightly upgraded trigger. The upper took me about a month and half to get. Every time I tried to buy it the damn thing was always sold out. The 3rd email notification I got from Brownells I finally got lucky. I am currently looking at 10 to 11 inch barrel so I can run a can on it. Fit and finish is excellent. Fitment between the upper and lower is tighter than a nuns ****. The rear take down pin is tightttttt. The only thing I do not like is that the charging handle is in the way of installing a front sight.
7B8EDD77-3AE9-448E-8013-94425DBB1286.jpeg
6A8CCDD2-0239-43D9-8FA9-4C3828C14CD8.jpeg

does .22lr count as a pistol? it's got rifle right in the name :laughing:

my version of a side charger upper edit: fit and finish is pretty typically excellent and amazing, as is my usual style :flipoff2:

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

9mm, .45acp, .22lr plus a couple that aren't considered a pistol cartridge. No fancy shmancy charging handles or levers, though. :(
Prolly can't sit a the cool kids table (sbr, no brace... meh...).
CIMG1207.JPG

Sbrs are fine. I’m at 3 months for an efile. :shaking: I forgot about my 22lr. Provience convinced me to put this together after seeing his. Still waiting on my can.
53A70226-26AA-4344-9E6B-9B29CB404082.jpeg

If you're at 3 months on an EFile, somethings wrong with your application
I’ve called twice. The only thing I get is still pending. If there’s something wrong the fucking assholes need to tell me so I can correct it. I’m getting ready to load 60 pounds of dog shit into a flat rate box and send them an early Christmas gift. :lmao:

Reactions: PAE
I’ve called twice. The only thing I get is still pending. If there’s something wrong the fucking assholes need to tell me so I can correct it. I’m getting ready to load 60 pounds of dog shit into a flat rate box and send them an early Christmas gift. :lmao:

Have you logged back in and looked ?

Just ordered a dedicated 9mm lower, looks like Rainier Arms has that 7" upper for pretty reasonable. Kinda wanted to find a bufferless upper but it seems like they all cost at least as much as a whole gun with a similar form factor.

Just ordered a dedicated 9mm lower, looks like Rainier Arms has that 7" upper for pretty reasonable. Kinda wanted to find a bufferless upper but it seems like they all cost at least as much as a whole gun with a similar form factor.
Who’s lower did you go with?

I don't remember it costing $20, but the screw in plug sure was easy

I don't remember it costing $20, but the screw in plug sure was easy
Yeah but I'm building a 9mm, the whole gas blowback thing needs a buffer. There are a couple roller delay uppers around but they're out of stock everywhere and kinda $$ for my broke ass.

Who’s got them and what do you have? I have a 7 inch Foxtrot Mike 9mm. I’ve had it for almost 2 years. I originally bought the lower bare and put a lower parts kit in it with a slightly upgraded trigger. The upper took me about a month and half to get. Every time I tried to buy it the damn thing was always sold out. The 3rd email notification I got from Brownells I finally got lucky. I am currently looking at 10 to 11 inch barrel so I can run a can on it. Fit and finish is excellent. Fitment between the upper and lower is tighter than a nuns ****. The rear take down pin is tightttttt. The only thing I do not like is that the charging handle is in the way of installing a front sight.
7B8EDD77-3AE9-448E-8013-94425DBB1286.jpeg
6A8CCDD2-0239-43D9-8FA9-4C3828C14CD8.jpeg
Not supporting the local guys?

Barrel, upper, lower and BCG from New Frontier.

P1070094.JPG

Keymod!:stirthepot:I don’t think NFA was even making that stuff when I was looking into it. I could be wrong. I went with FM because of the hold open feature.

Last edited:
Keymod!:stirthepot:I don’t think NFA was even making that stuff when I was looking into it. I could be wrong. I went with FM because of the hold open feature.
I didn't get the furniture from them. I like their upper because of the side charger.

This is my third iteration for my 9mm SBR. But it balances well. Uses the old school 80% lowers sold here from...... who was it? It was like 2012? Im forgetting.

20210813_173552.jpg

I forget his name but he was still making guns and parts a couple years ago, he's in Fallon NV or something like that.

Had an MPX 9mm and sold it.

Now my .45 is a fun truck pistol

Otherwise, my main squeeze is a pistol 6.8spc. 300 blk hasnt left the safe since.

This is my third iteration for my 9mm SBR. But it balances well. Uses the old school 80% lowers sold here from...... who was it? It was like 2012? Im forgetting.

20210813_173552.jpg
Is that still a full buffer tube? what's the stock if you remember?

Top Back Refresh