What's new

Piggies, bacon seeds..who has em?

CaryW

Member Number
Happy pigs doing happy pig shit on a Saturday morning. Who has bacon seeds? Yes, the red one is wild.

photo5206.jpg

photo5205.jpg

photo5207.jpg

photo5208.jpg

oops, duplicate

Last edited:
Bacon > pets.
The trick to stopping that problem is to explain to them that they are going to end up wrapped in paper, no matter how cute they act. They are really cool animals. If you scratch the big ones ribs, she falls over and takes a second or two for her to reset!

Yeah I upset some youtubers when I call their goats Cabrito on the hoof, or wonder about someone smooching on a potbelly pig, then there is a couple who can't understand why their ducks and chickens won't stay in the pen at night after being raised in their living room like dogs
I would love to have livestock, but take just the next three months we have 2 day trip here in NM a 4 day to Phoenix then an at least a week down to TX to see my neice's new spawn. Once you have livestock you either need someone reliable to come in and take care of them or someone from the family need to stay home

Last edited:
I raised a couple of Yorkshire hogs. They were pink. Boy do they grow fast! Eating machines.

Hi-pro feed and scraps. Best pork I ever had. They lived the Life of Riley, one time they broke out of their pen and didn't go anywhere, they just started working their way through the underbrush near their pen.

There was one weed in the middle of their pen they never ate, but they consumed every other root and plant in there. They also shit in one side of their pen, and were pretty clean overall as long as you consider grooming themselves in dirt and mud clean, which I do. They take care of themselves pretty well, but they are definitely eating machines.

I raised a couple of Yorkshire hogs. They were pink. Boy do they grow fast! Eating machines.

Hi-pro feed and scraps. Best pork I ever had. They lived the Life of Riley, one time they broke out of their pen and didn't go anywhere, they just started working their way through the underbrush near their pen.

There was one weed in the middle of their pen they never ate, but they consumed every other root and plant in there. They also shit in one side of their pen, and were pretty clean overall as long as you consider grooming themselves in dirt and mud clean, which I do. They take care of themselves pretty well, but they are definitely eating machines.

You want to clear weeded ground turn hogs out onto it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7BgtCqcEP0&t=16s

Top Back Refresh