What's new

Pics of me towing stuff

Are we on an OBS ferd trend here?
my 93 idit
20180521_134912.jpg

turbo IDIs were the best trucks ever.
too bad they're all dead around here cause rust.

My buddies cut up a shittonne for parts to build his 6 door brick w/bronco bed, and 4 door bronco.
The rust belt guys h8 him.
Mine aint got 60k onnit yet, pulled the 5er to Ak n back in 19.

Who was the guy on the old site that built an idi with all kinds of power. I think it was a crewcab dually. Something like 400hp.
1badb2
he swapped a cummins in it like6-7 years ago now
there just ain't an injection pump available that'll do 8 cylinders good
there are p-pumps out there but rusty cores off the bottom of the ocean are worth a couple thousand, and you lose the dynamic advance

How about those trailer axles you built from sterlings? Was that here, or pirate?

I don't know, dude. What's it matter? It's probably over there. It's not rocket surgery. You slide the axle tubes into some 4" squate tube and then hook up a hydraulic actuator to the stock brakes. Easy peasy.
Not sure if it is allowed to post to links to over there, but here goes

Post #1,059 · Mar 13, 2020

Sterling 10.25 axles are .500 wall 3.5" tube. I slipped them into 4" .250 box. Added 4" of width and have some 315/75r16's to pair with them under my dump trailer for better float on soft ground and overall better off road performance.

I'm using a Hydrastar HBA-10 electric over hydraulic master cylinder to run the juice brakes.

I don't think I ever saw a picture of the dump trailer completed.

I want to know where in LR this place is. I will let you keep the sales girl distracted.

So there's this place in town now that sells overstock and factory defect materials for a big processor that recently opened. They're cheap and the sales girl has a crush on me so I get a good discount. It was $90 for two 144" pieces of slightly rusted odd length tube. :rolleyes: I'd imagine it's a few hundred worth of material though.

Here is an assortment of hauling shit with the trucks I have owned so far.

92 pickup 22re 4x4 hauling a 94 Yamaha Superjet
99 C2500 7.4 GMC towing Chris Paul's H3 across the country for Ultimate Adventure 2017
98.5 24V Cummins Ram with NV4500 and dually leaf packs with a shit load of Almond wood, 06 Rhino and my #4555 Jeep, Bigfoot camper
99 F350 with ZF5 5 speed trans and Fleetwood Big ass Camper. 2021 Commencal Meta AM for the bike nerds

Attachments

• IMG_4564.JPG
    IMG_4564.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5641.JPG
    IMG_5641.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9913.jpg
    IMG_9913.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7956.JPG
    IMG_7956.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7611.JPG
    IMG_7611.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7488.JPG
    IMG_7488.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 74
34176D3B-E18A-43FF-AC5F-B697D0D9FB8A.jpeg

I don’t tow anything heavy but I drug this thing home today. Didn’t have my trailer with me and didn’t want to miss out on the deal so I rented a uhaul

Scrap is high right now. I have a pile of nice extruded aluminum and heatsinks I should cash in on.

Today's adventure.....

Buddy found a killer deal on a 25k 4 post lift. He couldn't make it and asked if I could, like an idiot, I agreed.

Found a local guy that has great prices on renting trailers, and was also flexible with when I could pick it up. $105 a day for a 24k 28+5 goose seems cheap to me:confused: way bigger than we needed, but same price as a tilt deck and way easier to load. He also threw in pallet forks for no charge, :smokin:

Long story short, pick trailer up at 5 am, drive 3.5 hours south to Lewiston, ID, get hit in the trailer by a tweeker while pulling in to the shop :homer: spend most of the day monkey fucking with a 4k lb garden tractor even though they said they would have a forklift (I even offered to move it for them), got it loaded (with a different forklift) and set off.

If you've ever been to Lewiston, you'd remember a pretty decent grade heading north. 7% steady for 7 miles. Hit in 4th in the old 7.3 :lmao: not sure what I was thinking, shift down to 3rd quickly, which is normally the gear for the 340k mile, no boost 7.3 ~2700 and 45 mph, but it will do it basically forever grossing up to about 26k. Well as I start up, I full a faint surging, I'm thinking "fuck, is this thing finally going to take a shit on me" kinda feels like head wind gusts, but the bushes and grass are dead calm. Wtf.... I happen to look down and see my trailer brake controller registering braking? 0.7...... 1.8.......3.1.......2.4.... Wtf? :mad3: I quickly turn it to 0, but I had scrubbed too much speed. I had to fucking climb that whole grade in 2nd gear, 3k rpms to do 30 mph. :lmao:

Rest of the trip went fine, no idea what happened, never did it again. :confused:

IMG_20210716_144010_01.jpg

Not even a good Pic. Probably not super heavy. 7500lb trailer, 5k lb lift, 1k misc shit? 9k truck?

BS
those are empty
trailer tires ain't the least bit flat on the bottom

ETA: whoops, though this was BDL

YotaAtieToo that Lewiston grade is a NIGHTMARE!!!! I’ve been up in many times in my company car but never the F550. You would think a small suv made in 2019 would have no problem with that hill. The 2019 Equinox I have has a little 1.5L turbo and even a bone stock suv built in 2019 struggles up that hill. It will hold the speed limit if you are revving the shit out of it and don’t even think about trying to pass....it’s a POS

YotaAtieToo that Lewiston grade is a NIGHTMARE!!!! I’ve been up in many times in my company car but never the F550. You would think a small suv made in 2019 would have no problem with that hill. The 2019 Equinox I have has a little 1.5L turbo and even a bone stock suv built in 2019 struggles up that hill. It will hold the speed limit if you are revving the shit out of it and don’t even think about trying to pass....it’s a POS
Reminds me of white bird summit a little further south on 95, I think this one is longer. Also, unlike most big grades where you can get a good run at them, the white bird has a 90* at the bottom and the one in Lewiston has a whole fucking town at the bottom :laughing:

Would have been OKish if my brake controller wasn't acting up, but it's definitely a good haul.

Reminds me of white bird summit a little further south on 95, I think this one is longer. Also, unlike most big grades where you can get a good run at them, the white bird has a 90* at the bottom and the one in Lewiston has a whole fucking town at the bottom :laughing:

Would have been OKish if my brake controller wasn't acting up, but it's definitely a good haul.
White bird is another bitch of a climb.

highway 55 from eagle to horseshoe bend is decent too...along with highway 95 outside of Marsing going up to Jordan Valley, Oregon.
There’s quite a few pain in the ass ones in Idaho.
The one on I-84 going over “the blues” is a pain when going north to south, that’s in Oregon as well.

Like you mentioned, it’s all about the running start. Most of the ones mentioned don’t allow you to get that start

Sometime when you have time to kill, take the old Whitebird grade. It will make you appreciate the new road.

It's paved, ish, but it 's as crooked as a politician.

20210727_160957.jpg
20210727_161625.jpg

Posted my dump trailer for sale or trade a bit ago. It was super nice, almost too nice for a dump. 2019 maxxd 14k 7x14 with every option. I liked it, but didn't use it much, and my buddy recently got one that he said I could use anytime. I was keeping it at his house anyway, so why have 2 of the same trailers.

I am pretty happy with the trade. It's a 2017 22' steel deck, power tilt, 14k torsion, has a 12k winch with wireless remote too.

Has a few things that got fucked up a little, jack got hit pretty good and tweeked the front bump bar, the rear swing up bumper is bent a little and the deck behind the pivot is slightly bowed. Nothing too bad, I'm pretty sure this trailer new would be quite a bit more than mine, so I felt like it was fair. I did end up keeping my almost new 14 ply tires and wheels too.

The 3b was flat towed to the offroad park and had ripped a spring hanger loose from the frame.

20190622_175421.jpg

Top Back Refresh