What's new

Pickled eggs

Welcome to every other bar in Wisconsin. I like 'em and make my own all the time. I like 'em very spicy, wife things it's gross, probably due to the farts.

Welcome to every other bar in Wisconsin. I like 'em and make my own all the time. I like 'em very spicy, wife things it's gross, probably due to the farts.

The wonderful farts deserve their own thread. Everyone loves the smell of his own brand.

Why, In your opinion, are old eggs better to use?

If you're talking to me, it's because as time goes on, the membrane starts to stick to the shells more instead of the albumen. Plus the membrane gets tougher over time. They shuck right off peeling in water or under the tap. Because I do 6 dozen or more at a time, this counts.

If you're talking to me, it's because as time goes on, the membrane starts to stick to the shells more instead of the albumen. Plus the membrane gets tougher over time. They shuck right off peeling in water or under the tap. Because I do 6 dozen or more at a time, this counts.

Truth

This guy has production peeled eggs before. Used to keep 3 5 gallon jars rotating in the garage. Peeling efficiently is important. Basically anything butnugget veloceraptor related is all about efficiency.

Beet quickles
steamed peeled beets sliced carrots and beets
Brine is balsamic vinegar soy sauce 2 to 1
Seasoned with nutmeg and cloves raw diced garlic and ginger.
Let that sit for a week. Eat half the quickles
peel 4 dozen Boiled eggs and fill 1st layer with eggs. Then pack a layer of quickled vegetables and keep alternating layers till your 1 gallon jar is packed, then pour the brine in if not completely full add a 75 balsamic 25 soy mixture..this is just a base recipe alternate and adjust. I add about 12 habenaros and some hot sauce.

image_10189.jpg

15928055625524092727933574631259.jpg

Its supposed to say sliced red onions instead of peeled beets carrots and beets but the edit feature is beating me

Anyone have a good recipe for spicy pickled eggs?

I have a recipe from the old board but they are more of a bread and butter style pickled egg. i want something more like a spicy dill.

Anyone have a good recipe for spicy pickled eggs?

I have a recipe from the old board but they are more of a bread and butter style pickled egg. i want something more like a spicy dill.

I eat at least one pickled egg every single day as part of my daily nutrition. I like heavy vinegar flavor. So I use straight vinegar not watered down. Spicy pickle spices, whole black peppercorns, a whole onion, sliced jalapeños and you really need the seeds in there. If you want it really hot, one roasted habanero minced up in a gallon pickle jug will make them 🔥.

I made ghost pepper pickled eggs one time and that’s the line. I could eat them, but they were too hot.

I can't do boiled eggs, the smell of em just kills me, but pickle em and I'm all in.
I buy jars of half a dozen pickled eggs, find em by the kosher stuff in the cooler. Dip em in Frank's red hot!
Post up recipes if you've got em!

Thats how i eat them with franks and lots of black pepper sprinkled on em.:grinpimp:

Pickled sausages are also good. Used to see them at the bar next to the pickled eggs. We would refer to them as pickled welders. If you could get past the appearance of them they were dam good eats.:laughing:

I can't stand to eat beets but I make red beet eggs and love to eat them when eggs are on sale. Got some spicy pickles and used the juice on some eggs but no kick. Only sat 5 days tho.

Wife made up about 3 dozen pickled eggs for me about a week ago. Should be ready in time for vacation. :grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh