What's new

Pennsylvania DOH for Travelers

FleshEater

Ordinary Average Guy
Member Number
Loc
Pennsylvania
I have two trips planned at the end of July, and into August. Employers across Pennsylvania are informing employees that if they travel to any of the states listed by the Pennsylvania DOH as "high risk," then they should quarantine for 14 days. My company is not mandating this, but many are. Two employees working for another contractor in our facility were sent home after returning from Florida.

My beef is, how did they compile this information? Look at this:

If you have traveled, or plan to travel, to an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, it is recommended that you stay at home for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania. If you travel to the following states, it is recommended that you quarantine for 14 days upon return:
  • Alabama
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Louisiana
  • Mississippi
  • Nevada
  • North Carolina
  • Oklahoma
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
So, according to Pennsylvania DOH, Kansas is not safe, or Iowa, but New Jersey, New York, and Illinois are?

Is it just me, or does this look really fishy?

PA has some obvious confusions...
60f87a46-5d64-4946-b21a-a1942c08d4f8-large3x4_SecretaryofHealthDr.RachelLevinePACast.PNG?1586211188595.png

my wife's work is mandating the 14 day from the list, my work does not GAF we had 2 in my group go on vacation to North Carolina currently and last week.

It is an article of faith, according to all my elderly relitives that if we leave NM we will be quarantined as soon as we come back home.

These rules are put forth by people who are mathematically illiterate. First, even in states with "high amounts" of covid, the chances of any given person getting infected is tiny. Second, state borders are worthless for purposes of delineating "hot spots". Concentrations of infected people are much more geographically isolated.

It's all bullshit.

End of May I flew up to long island for a funeral, in and out of the JFK "hotspot". Fiancé went back to work the following days, I kept my own schedule. Technically we were suppose to quarantine in NY for 14 days upon arrival and another 14 days when returning to TX.

I have no idea who is enforcing this 14 day quarantine nonsense.

It's all bullshit.

End of May I flew up to long island for a funeral, in and out of the JFK "hotspot". Fiancé went back to work the following days, I kept my own schedule. Technically we were suppose to quarantine in NY for 14 days upon arrival and another 14 days when returning to TX.

I have no idea who is enforcing this 14 day quarantine nonsense.

no one. it just looks good on the TV.

Don't tell people shit. Unless there are subpoenas involved, there's no reason to share interstate travel.

Top Back Refresh