What's new

Pecan Pie? GCC thread got me thinking

Derp

Involuntary Chest Slapper
Member Number
All but one of the pecan pies I've ever had are basically like a thick sugar custard with pecans on top. I love the flavor, but the mouthful of sugar goo that goes along with the pecans is a bit too much for me.

The exception to this is one that instead of custard, was chopped nuts throughout, with pecans on top as normal. It was something someone brought to a work party or something many years ago, "I don't know what it is my wife just makes it this way" sort of a thing.

Does anyone have a recipe for something like this? Could it be a regional way of doing it?

Wife makes a bourbon pecan pie. Has chopped pecans throughout. Bourbon cuts down the sugar bomb well
Edit: Specs liquor store here in Houston sell a maple crown pecan pie this time of year that’s the noms. :smokin: This ain’t a normal liquor store either. :grinpimp:

Never heard of a pecan pie with the pecans just on top. We mix it all through and add pecans on top. :homer:

Put a slice in a bowl, warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds and add a scoop of blue bell homemade vanilla ice cream on top. :smokin:

I guess I should be thankful no one has actually shared any of their recipes yet :flipoff2: I wouldn't want to catch the diabeetus

Top Back Refresh