What's new

Peacock WTF?

daddytall

Member Number
Anyone have any of these creatures and would you recommend them as a yard pet? The wife has brought it up a few times, happy wife happy life in all, so I'm considering it. Will they make noise? Do they .and good yard pets? Do I need to completely fence them in, or will they stick around for the free food? Are they expensive? We have mountain lions, bears, fox, elk, coyote, etc. so there's that. Have I lost my mind by even considering this?

Buddy had one running around for 10+ years. None of the normal predators ever seems to bother it. I wonder if it's cause of the crazy blue and green feathers and how big they get when fanned out? It would roam between the neighborhood. Shows up for food and water. They do make some noise but a barking dog is more annoying. And not all the time. I think they are neat.

Not only do they make noise, it sounds like a creepy kid calling for help.

oh crap yeah I remember that now. His you didn't see much but could hear it now and then. Still didn't think it was that bad noise wise. His was a single so maybe in a flock they are worse?

This meme exists for a reason.
1055E6DC-B1A2-4D39-AE73-AFAE3C9B9D76.png

My mom has one. First, they live for a long long time of something doesn’t kill them. Second, they will crap all over anything they can perch on. Third, they will scratch the hell out of any vehicle they get on. Fourth, they are loud, real loud, especially during mating season.

Fun fact: peacocks have that beautiful plumage because that's how nature equipped them to get some pussy.
Peahens are ugly, pathetic looking birds in comparison (doesn't matter since they already have the pussy :laughing: ).

Horrible creatures. Loud as all fuck and it sounds like they're in pain. Very messy. They can be mean too. You'll probably end up shooting them.

Mountain lions, bears, fox and coyotes would eat them, which is good.

Just go ahead and get divorced now. Cause she's either to stupid to know what a god awful noise they make or she already hates you and is passive agressively going to make you leave

We had a couple growing up. Ours would stay around the farm but they never got that “tame”. They were fine as barnyard pets. They have a call that is pretty loud. After several years they disappeared. Years later we found one dead in the barn. I seem to recall them sitting on eggs, but we never had baby peacocks.

I would much rather have peacocks again over geese.

THIS

And they will perch on your car.

Plus they will never be YOUR pet, they will be the community pet.

Last edited:

A neighbor about half mile away from my parents place had a bunch of them. Mom said the first week they lived there she kept hearing something but never clearly. Finally she got a clear listen and freaked out thinking a kid was in trouble. :lmao:. Luckily my grandma was there to tell her what was up before she called the cops to report it.

If you want to walk out to this sacry shit in the middle of the night then get one.
20160510_045739.jpg

Well the noise thing makes this a deal killer for me. The wife would get mad at me if woke her up, so might as well cut to the chase and make her mad now by saying No Peacock. With any luck we can cut straight to the make up sex sooner.

total newb said:
Just go ahead and get divorced now. Cause she's either to stupid to know what a god awful noise they make or she already hates you and is passive agressively going to make you leave

quoted for truth. Has she never been to a zoo and heard them. Theres a flock roaming a local park and neighboring area, trying to figure out how to kill one for dinner, seriously.

also, the expression is, no wife, happy life :flipoff2:

VERY loud. My dads neighbor has some. .25 mile away. hear them squawking all day long.

Had them for years. The one male we have now is wild... just showed up and spends 90% of it's time in our yard. It knows when dinner is and waits right at our sliding door for scraps. It roosts in a big oak tree on our property line and doesn't seem to bother anyone. If you have property you wont need to actually feed it, kinda like a ferril cat.

Our property in northern ca has 30-60 of them on it and they get eaten at least once a week and are tasty. If you take them away at a couple days old and they never hear what a peacock is supposed to sound like the are fairly quite but will imitate whatever other birds are in your area.

Fuck I can see it just fine. Send me your cell number I'll text it to you :flipoff2:

EDIT: for the record, I resisted the urge to say "ask your mother", which was nice of me :laughing:

Meh, I'm admittedly due for new glasses, but Bob Ross could do better in 2 brush strokes (and he's dead :flipoff2: )

EDIT 2: pretty sure a low-base birdshot load wouldn't fuck up any roof structure hidden above that hoist.
Problem solved + free dinner = killing 2 birds with one stone, figuratively and damn near literally. :laughing:

. . . If you have property you wont need to actually feed it, kinda like a ferril cat.

Our property in northern ca has 30-60 of them on it and they get eaten at least once a week and are tasty. . . .

Good God, man, how many cat recipes do you have :confused:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh