What's new

PCC optics.

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
So red-dots have been harder and harder to use as my astigismign gets worse, so was looking for an etched reticle optic for a PCC with expected use to 100yds, MAYBE 200, and came across this. I've always had good luck with ACOG's and I got this one on a good deal, we'll see how it goes. I've got a PCC class at Gunsite coming up, so should be good for that usage, and steel matches.

TA47-C-400387 | Trijicon®

Trijicon has never disappointed me, either. However, I have only ever purchased the battery powered reticule illumination ones. Doesn't look like that option is available yet or I might have one more Trijicon after looking at your post :laughing:. I'm sure you didn't buy straight from Trijicon. Europtic has that one a lot cheaper for those interested. :beer:

Primary arms 9mm 2x all day long. Under $400. 42 foot fov vs the Trijicons 29.

Last edited:
So red-dots have been harder and harder to use as my astigismign gets worse, so was looking for an etched reticle optic for a PCC with expected use to 100yds, MAYBE 200, and came across this. I've always had good luck with ACOG's and I got this one on a good deal, we'll see how it goes. I've got a PCC class at Gunsite coming up, so should be good for that usage, and steel matches.

TA47-C-400387 | Trijicon®
I freaking love the Trijicon compacts. My favorite is the TA44 1.5x15. just can't beat it.

Before the world went nuts, you could get them new for $750. Now, who knows.

Trijicon has never disappointed me, either. However, I have only ever purchased the battery powered reticule illumination ones. Doesn't look like that option is available yet or I might have one more Trijicon after looking at your post :laughing:. I'm sure you didn't buy straight from Trijicon. Europtic has that one a lot cheaper for those interested. :beer:
It's the traditional tritium / light pipe illumination for the reticle, yeah, no batteries. Got it through RSR group for under $800.

Primary arms 9mm 2x all day long. Under $400. 42 foot fov vs the Trijicons 29.
I looked at that one, but some reviews said the reticle is really small, and I really doubt I'll be doing much long range shooting with this rifle.

I've got a 3x on my Robinson and a 4x on a Armalite M15, so am very comfortable with the ACOG platform

My 3gun rifle has a 1-6x Primary Arms LPVO that I like real well. I can turn on the illumination and use it like a red-dot for short range, and spin it up to 6x and use the BDC if we have some longer targets, (sometimes out to 400 or so).

I looked at that one, but some reviews said the reticle is really small, and I really doubt I'll be doing much long range shooting with this rifle.

I've got a 3x on my Robinson and a 4x on a Armalite M15, so am very comfortable with the ACOG platform

My 3gun rifle has a 1-6x Primary Arms LPVO that I like real well. I can turn on the illumination and use it like a red-dot for short range, and spin it up to 6x and use the BDC if we have some longer targets, (sometimes out to 400 or so).
I like ACOGs too but not for that price.

I freaking love the Trijicon compacts. My favorite is the TA44 1.5x15. just can't beat it.

Before the world went nuts, you could get them new for $750. Now, who knows.
Well, just got back from Gunsite and we had a nice small class of 6, experienced shooters with good safety habits. I was wrong about the little ACOG, it is light pipe only, which fucked me at the night shoot, because the picture on the target was wearing a black hoodie, and with no illumination from the light pipe, the etched reticle was black. The only time I could see the reticle was when someone from the other squad was using their flashlight. Worked great in the daylight, got nearly a full mag of hits at 100yds on a head sized target, not as much drop as I would have expected, abouT 6".

Well, just got back from Gunsite and we had a nice small class of 6, experienced shooters with good safety habits. I was wrong about the little ACOG, it is light pipe only, which fucked me at the night shoot, because the picture on the target was wearing a black hoodie, and with no illumination from the light pipe, the etched reticle was black. The only time I could see the reticle was when someone from the other squad was using their flashlight. Worked great in the daylight, got nearly a full mag of hits at 100yds on a head sized target, not as much drop as I would have expected, abouT 6".

Don’t they make those that are illuminated also? I have a cheap bow site with fiber optic tubes that has a small light that can be turned on to shine on them. Maybe being for mil use they assume everyone has NODS?

Don’t they make those that are illuminated also? I have a cheap bow site with fiber optic tubes that has a small light that can be turned on to shine on them. Maybe being for mil use they assume everyone has NODS?
Well after further review...it is indeed advertised as dual illuminated. I bought it a while back and really hadn't used it in the dark till I was at Gunsite, and with no moon it was pretty dark, but know what a tritium reticle looks like, and this was not illuminated, so I'll call Trijicon in the AM and get it sent back. I have always heard how great ACOG's are, tough and all that, but this is the second one I've personally seen that was defective out of the box, I get it, I work for a mfg, and no company can produce 100% QC, but this seems kinda high for a premium product.

Might have just had a bad batch get sent out. Long as they make it right I wouldnt worry about it

Might have just had a bad batch get sent out. Long as they make it right I wouldnt worry about it
First one was a TA31 on a rifle my buddy bought, and he said I can't see the reticle when I put my hand over the light pipe, and sure enough, no tritium, kinda shocked me that something so obvious would make it through QC.

did you get it sent back? curious to know how they are treating you.

did you get it sent back? curious to know how they are treating you.
Not yet. When it rains, it fucking pours.

ACOG no lighty up.
CMMG no eject.
HVAC dead with heat coming, (1 of 2 so we won't be ded).
Cowtown online booking all fucky.
AND, I'm traveling this week and the next.

Fuckall.

I'll update once I contact Trijicon

From our friends in Michigan;

Your request for Return Authorization (RA) has been created. The unique RA number assigned to your return is identified by the barcode on this page.To avoid undue processing delays for your return, please follow these instructions:
»Please apply the barcode below to the exterior of your return shipping container so that the barcode is visible
»Please place the top section of this document inside the shipping container along with your item
»Trijicon strongly encourages the use of a commercial carrier (UPS or FedEx) for tracking and insurance purposes
»Please allow 4-6 weeks of processing
»We will contact you by email when your product is received at our Trijicon facility

Top Back Refresh