What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

That is a lot of fuel in my world. What kind of money is that pile worth? How much does fuel cost per gallon out there? I think red is still over $5gal in commiefornia.
Fuel is $3.18 a gallon + 5.5% sales tax or so. 28,000* $8.00/ton = $225,000 in 1.25” gravel
5500 x $9.00/ton = $49,500 in breaker stone

Total $274,500 or so. I probably have $50,000 in cash stuck into the pile between fuel and wages. That’s Not including the overhead, ins, depreciation ect.

If I was custom crushing for someone else I would charge $4.25/ton so about $125,000 in work.

I saw this a few days ago and thought of you. Owner said they only use it when they need rock for personal use, their business is monuments and cut stone. I should have got a picture of data plate, engine came from a railroad crane of some sort.

C3C53F43-335E-462D-92F4-D211F75BDB30.jpeg
87607644-7201-4713-AC59-90C74FDD2012.jpeg
970DD8BD-E183-4C5B-9476-3E2DD5EC044E.jpeg

Boys got their recycle project all done. Not 15 mins after the shut down 10 loads of rock showed up:lmao:
IMG_9526.jpeg

I got my recycling done with the impactor. 14,000 ton total done up there. At the end he wants some clear breaker stone. Pretty slick you can rotate the recycle conveyor out open the curtains a bit and bingo.

IMG_9518.jpeg

Steel showed up this week to make the links for the loader. Should be a quick weld and bore.
IMG_9524.jpeg

I saw this a few days ago and thought of you. Owner said they only use it when they need rock for personal use, their business is monuments and cut stone. I should have got a picture of data plate, engine came from a railroad crane of some sort.

Don't see many bucket chain excavators. Now it's just the big strip mine operations.

Here is a small old one in a working museum.

Got a bunch of stuff done or close to being done . Bottom holes in the quick coupler got finished. Turned out nice

IMG_9532.jpeg
IMG_9533.jpeg

I measured the top holes and they were .025 bigger than the pins. Way too much for my ocd. I like .003.

So of course this is gonna be a tough one. The bar the bucket latches too is extremely close to the top pin hole. So I had to but some ball bearings to use as supports because the pillow blocks did not fit.

A hour at the mill and had plates for the bearing to sit in.

IMG_9552.jpeg

I got them aligned and tacked into the coupler. Hopefully tomorrow I get them bored and re welded up. Won’t get to the final boring until next week.

IMG_9554.jpeg

I got the links all done for this same loader all done.

A little welding
IMG_9534.jpeg

Then boring and tapping

IMG_9537.jpeg
IMG_9535.jpeg

Need to bend a 1” x 3.5” piece of bar stock to finish up the mini loader rebuild. So I whipped up a bottom die for my break press. I figure I’m gonna be at 49 tons to bend this.
IMG_9549.jpeg

Just need to mill a groove to drop a guide in it to lock it in the rail on the brake press.
IMG_9551.jpeg

It seems I spend more time maki g the tools to do the job then actually doing the job :homer::lmao:

Boys started on a timing belt job on my deutz in our bomag compactor. Need to find some timing pins to get this project done.
IMG_9546.jpeg

Boys started on a timing belt job on my deutz in our bomag compactor. Need to find some timing pins to get this project done.
Sometimes you think to yourself 'maybe I hate germans too much'
but then they put a timing belt on a pushrod motor where the cam's close enough to the crank that you'd only need the two gears
or fuck, a short little double roller chain even

oh well, at least they make for cheap skidsteers when they break

Top Back Refresh