What's new

Pancake recipe

Gtrplyr78

Nuttin’
Member Number
Loc
West Jordan, UT
With all of the maple syrup cooking in chit chat this is the one I use to make pancakes from scratch.

Ingredients:

1egg

1cup all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour

1tablespoon sugar

3teaspoons baking powder

1/4teaspoon salt

3/4cup milk

2tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter

Produces 8 medium sized pancakes.

1. In medium bowl, beat egg with wire whisk until fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy); do not over mix or pancakes will be tough. For thinner pancakes, stir in additional 1 to 2 tablespoons milk

2. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).

3. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly on top and dry around edges. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.

Attachments

• 16768282028209057604562080463975.jpg
    16768282028209057604562080463975.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
For your consideration, great grandma's buttermilk pancakes...

I make a huge batch of dry mix I keep in a jar and add wet ingredients when I'm ready to make some.

Dry ingredients for jar of mix:

5 3/4 cups white flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup corn meal
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tsps salt
4 tsps soda
4 tsps baking powder

16834976582871363821298356701882.jpg

Use a 2 cup measuring cup & mix just until moistened:

1 egg plus enough buttermilk to make a cup
2 tbsp oil
Add 3/4 cup of dry mix and blend
Makes 8-10 medium size cakes

Cooking instructions dont vary much from directions already given. I prefer to use clarified butter on my griddle instead of oil, or bacon fat if I have it on hand.

These are extra stick to your ribs thick

Add water to the bag that says "pancake", laddle about 1/2 a cup on the pan, cook.

I use Bisquick, but add a couple things. A little bit of sugar, a pinch of baking powder, and a small lemon squeeze. The combination of the lemon juice and baking powder really make them rise nicely.

I make them a few times a year when in the mood.

If there was a pill that would give nutrients and make me feel full, I'd definitely be buying that. Don't dislike food, more that it's an annoying chore to have to cook and eat.

If there was a pill that would give nutrients and make me feel full, I'd definitely be buying that. Don't dislike food, more that it's an annoying chore to have to cook and eat.

Agreed

^ There is literally a hundred quick meals that require one to two pots to make them in.
I aim for 30min or less all said and done for majority of my meals.
Add another 5 min or less to hand wash dishes and call it good.

Majority of fast food places cannot beat that time by the time one goes to get food/drive back home.
All this from the comfort of my own home. I also see what goes into my meal vs microwave shit they sell in fast food joints.

Top Back Refresh