What's new

Paint Overspray

Roxy

Member Number
When we bought our house we had it painted. The painted sucked. Overspray every where. We have a big window in our master bath that has that pebbled glass that you can't see through. How the hell do I get the overspray off of that window? I've tried scrubbing it with a rough sponge. Today I tried denatured alcohol. Nothing. What else is there to get down into that pebbled glass?? :roxy:

When we bought our house we had it painted. The painted sucked. Overspray every where. We have a big window in our master bath that has that pebbled glass that you can't see through. How the hell do I get the overspray off of that window? I've tried scrubbing it with a rough sponge. Today I tried denatured alcohol. Nothing. What else is there to get down into that pebbled glass?? :roxy:

What kind of paint?Oil,latex?

Try some #0000, super fine Steel Wool, steel wool or brass wool doesn't scratch glass. That is what ive done in the past

Fire, burning that mother fawker down is the only answer. You're welcome.

Good plan. Is it possible to contain the fire to just the bathroom? Possible the kitchen? I could use a remodel in those 2 rooms. :roxy:

I don't know how well it will work in your situation , but I have used a clay bar and detail spray to get automotive overspray off before.

The super duper fine steel wool mentioned above, and some windex should do it. If the windex isn't harsh enough to soften the paint, you can try brake cleaner.

If all else fails, smash that motherfucker and call it an "accident". Let insurance do the rest. :laughing:

Good plan. Is it possible to contain the fire to just the bathroom? Possible the kitchen? I could use a remodel in those 2 rooms. :roxy:

Yes, but the fireproofing materials would probably be more costly than the remodel/s. and getting the smoke smell out of the rest of the house.

Maybe something like navel jelly.Latex doesn't respond to mat like MEK or acetone,and your going to need a liquid to get into the texture.

Top Back Refresh