What's new

"Overlanding" and what not

It's gotten to the stage of full on larping at the point. These folks so desperately want to project a certain adventuring image that they're willing to throw ungodly sums of money into the charade. He even has his "OVRLND" license plate. I bet he has $120k sitting there and probably camps on the Blue Ridge Parkway beside 40' pusher motorhomes. :laughing:
It's been larping for a while. There are a few around here that have the big bed rack/tent/gas cans etc... that I have never seen dirty. Guys buy all that shit to drive to work. I was out on a test drive the other day and I see this big cloud of dust a block or two down the road, then another one a little closer. Some dork in a Colorado with all the overland bullshit is sitting there weaving off onto the gravel shoulder repeatedly I guess just to get his truck dirty? Can't say I wasn't hoping he might swing a bit wide and catch the edge of the ditch.

Look at this shit.

PXL_20220828_171140405.jpg

This is North Carolina, bro. Where in the fuck are you going with this outfit????

It's gotten to the stage of full on larping at the point. These folks so desperately want to project a certain adventuring image that they're willing to throw ungodly sums of money into the charade. He even has his "OVRLND" license plate. I bet he has $120k sitting there and probably camps on the Blue Ridge Parkway beside 40' pusher motorhomes. :laughing:
I haven't camped East of the Mississippi since '75.

Is there no places to go full-on deep remote camping back East?:confused:🤔

It's been larping for a while. There are a few around here that have the big bed rack/tent/gas cans etc... that I have never seen dirty. Guys buy all that shit to drive to work.
When I used to work on an AFB I used to see that too. Immaculately clean rigs with all the bolt on gear and equipment that never looked like it had been used. Toyota's are fairly gutless stock, I can't imagine how shitty they drive everyday with 2k of shit bolted on them.

To elaborate on this, if you look at Google Maps of Pisgah NF just west of me you'll see a ton of forest service roads. Yeah, they're there. And they're all gated too.
Cherokee NF is the same way. There are places in the NF’s and SF’s of coal country.

Look at this shit.

This is North Carolina, bro. Where in the fuck are you going with this outfit????

You need all that for the blue ridge parkway yo!!:laughing:

When I was wheeling up at Potts mountain in VA we saw a bunch of vehicles kitted out like that driving around on the road and at the campsite, none of them in the actual trail:lmao:

When I was wheeling up at Potts mountain in VA we saw a bunch of vehicles kitted out like that driving around on the road and at the campsite, none of them in the actual trail:lmao:
Potts sucks

And you won't ever see them in a trail, they might damage all that shit they're making a payment on. You can't influence with scratched up stuff.

I haven't camped East of the Mississippi since '75.

Is there no places to go full-on deep remote camping back East?:confused:🤔
I've found a spot or two back in the woods. But there is always a decent sized town within an easy half hour drive. There might be some stuff in Northern New York too.

Look at this shit.

For what he has in that rig, he could have a RV, boat, 4x4 rig and maybe a decent Porsche.

Shit, for that money I have my 47 acres in Arizona, my 36' Class A, my trail rig and a jet boat. Bet I can outcamp and out wheel him anytime.

Here's a new one to me.

"Softroading"

I don't know what it means, but it looked like driving around with a roof top tent and maybe leaving the paved road sometimes? Maybe just to park the a while? Maybe you use the roof top tent then? Not sure.

Here's a new one to me.

"Softroading"

I don't know what it means, but it looked like driving around with a roof top tent and maybe leaving the paved road sometimes? Maybe just to park the a while? Maybe you use the roof top tent then? Not sure.
Sounds like yet another stupid name for car camping based on this nerd's website.

I saw one with a fancy ass bright metallic green trailer similar to that one today as I headed down to Denver. i thought to myself "I should start making fancy ass overlander short trailers to sell".:laughing:
I looked up the one I posted a pic of. They START at $30k. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh