What's new

One Ton YJ.

Lilyota

RIP 7/22/2023
Member Number
Loc
Bolivar MO
Thinking about doin the swap. I have mostly everything here do do it from another project that got canceled.

The plan would be to move the rear back about a foot and leave the front where it is and use the suspension that's already in it for now.

Spring over with 40's. I know I'm gonna have to cut the tub a bit out back.

How fast has someone done this? I want to continue to DD it.

Both axles are fully built.

I know I'll have to do something with the frame up front to accept the front axle. the front axle will be a high pinion passenger drop 60 so I'll have to build a spring perch for the right side. I also have a passenger drop Atlas to use for the build, so there is that. Will probably have to change the input on the Atlas.

Are you going to make your own drive shafts or have them done? If you're set up to do everything with the space and tools it shouldn't take long if you have the time to hit it hard. My wife and life get in the way so this would take me forever but getting driveshafts done will take a few days or a week sometimes.

Depends. I use and stock the motobuilt kit to outboard the springs. Takes me about 4 hours on the front to outboard and stretch.

Doing the rear is easy.

Not sure where you're located. But I'm on the central coast and have a motobilt stretch kit sitting in my shed doing nothing. I bought it back when I thought I wasn't going to link mine

Not sure where you're located. But I'm on the central coast and have a motobilt stretch kit sitting in my shed doing nothing. I bought it back when I thought I wasn't going to link mine

I have absolutely no intention of linking this one:laughing:

What are you looking to get for the kit?

PM me so that it doesn't turn into a thing lol.

I'm up in Lake County,

Just plan out everything needing to be done and buy everything you think you’ll need. I want to swap my Cherokee this winter and I wonder if four months is enough time. Steering and linkage, shocks mounts, brakes, transfer case swap and driveshafts are the first few things coming to mind.
You also have to think about doing it right and doing it twice. Rush through the first time saying ‘I’ll get to it later’ means you’re doing it twice.

Just plan out everything needing to be done and buy everything you think you’ll need. I want to swap my Cherokee this winter and I wonder if four months is enough time. Steering and linkage, shocks mounts, brakes, transfer case swap and driveshafts are the first few things coming to mind.
You also have to think about doing it right and doing it twice. Rush through the first time saying ‘I’ll get to it later’ means you’re doing it twice.

It'll get 13 days of attention:laughing: That is how long my weekends are.

I did happen to notice another YJ this evening while going over to a buddies house. the windshield frame was smashed and it was missing the head lights.

This leads me to believe that it is a parts rig.

If I could nab the tub I could stretch it out correctly and have a full tub.

Motobilt makes very good products. I used their 4 link belly pan and rear frame kit on my FIL's yj and they were great.

I would honestly just stretch the rear as much as possible without putting the tank inside the tub. Then push the front out decent.

My buddy wheels all over Fordyce and Rubicon in a 1 ton 99" WB TJ and it's not even very low.

Either that or do the full LJ stretch.

I definitely do not want to put the tank in the tub.

I have a lead on a rear kit.

Just been busy with work so everything just kinda gets put on the back burner for a few weeks.

Did mine minus the driveshafts in a weekend. As long as you have everything you need it's just cutting, grinding and welding...

Top Back Refresh