What's new

Once a Postal 67 800 Build

Changed the power steering pump and fixed the bent tie rod. Made a huge difference, steers much easier/faster even if I pin the brake pedal to the floor. Old pump was filled full of metal shavings...:homer:
Did you happen to add a filter?

I run one of these on my old truck- just in case.

81Zcs4H1bpL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Magnefine 3/8" Magnetic Inline Transmission/Power Steering Filter

Spent some time working on the fender tonight. It rubbed with 37s so I had to open them up a bit. Also took the chance to beat the hell out of the entire quarter to make it look a bit straighter.
Screenshot 2024-03-13 000204.png

It sits at 8-9 inches away from the tire at ride height, and when the suspension is compressed about 4ish.
Screenshot 2024-03-13 000132.png

Other side of where it was at. Around six inches of clearance at ride height, I have 5 inches of bump in the rear. You can see the cutting the fender did to the sidewall along with the damage to the fender. I had set it up for 35's, but 37's do rub. The front is fine, the only thing the tires rub is the radius arms at full lock.

Also planning on moving the gas filler into the bed on the little side bench instead of the fender. Should work a bit better that way, with the 1 1/2" hose it is annoying to fill up at an angle. Hoping to wrap up the fenders this weekend, keep hearing about how much rear auto lockers suck with manuals, so going to weld the diff. I am getting driveshaft vibrations above 40, so have to balance that along with finally building shifters for the transfer case instead of rolling under the truck to shift into 4 wheel drive... I have some electrical gremlins to fix and it will be done for the most part.

Mostly finished welding the passenger side fender.
20240315_001700.jpg

Also picked up this chinese minilathe on a whim. Only think that is broken is the auto feed which is due to a bent bracket that looks easy to fix. It is a vevor mx-600a I got used with tooling for 500 bucks. Going to build a mount for it on my welding table, can move it up onto a shelf easy enough when not in use.
20240314_220126.jpg

I put one of those in the bed of the truck I have been doing. We recently got some snow, and when it melted, I’m pretty sure it all went into the gas tank. Fast forward a few weeks, and I broke ... things.... and had to leave the truck outside, it rained a bunch, and now it again seems to have water in the gas. My completely unscientific guess is it leaks past the o ring.

I put one of those in the bed of the truck I have been doing. We recently got some snow, and when it melted, I’m pretty sure it all went into the gas tank. Fast forward a few weeks, and I broke ... things.... and had to leave the truck outside, it rained a bunch, and now it again seems to have water in the gas. My completely unscientific guess is it leaks past the o ring.
Good thing snow/rain is not something to worry about much around here. I will cover it with a rag or bucket in the case this thing is outside during rain/snow. This was the cheapest stainless boat filler neck amazon had to offer, I don't doubt that it is leaky.

Transfer case on the adapter, I smacked it pretty hard on a rock at hammers and managed to pull the threads on a few studs. Helicoiled it and reinstalled.

Drove it up my little retaining wall. Tire was almost 3 feet above the ground.
20240401_180919.jpg

Fender clearance. It will rub, although just barely. This is the dented side, it is much better on the straight side.

20240401_181519.jpg

Ordered some new driveshafts, just cheap ones to shorten, these junkyard ones will become my spares. Also need to fix the winch, it spools in sporadically, or just replace it but I hate throwing expensive parts away.

Got my new driveshafts in. Cut down the rear and it had about .008" of runout according to the dial indicator. Had it up to above 60 with no vibrations.

Top Back Refresh