What's new

Olives

smurfblue40

Baconologyst
Member Number
Loc
Sloughhouse Ca
For the past six months I have been snacking on olives like a crackhead.

I don’t know why, but I’ve been hitting jalapeño, and garlic stuffed olives hard :homer:

8890D820-EE99-4478-B1CD-9A1C7643D1BA.jpeg

Those make great dirty martinis.

Try green olives stuffed with blue cheese.

I agree that the jalapeno and garlic olives make great martinis*

I would not recommend the bleu cheese ones for that application however (the oil from the cheese clashes with the Vodka in a bad way in my opinion - YMMV). But, they are awesome in their own right no doubt.

*When we hit some of our usual watering holes, our wait staff already knows to bring an extra ramekin full of olives so that I can still have some left in my glass after my daughter tries to pilfer them all. 🍸

Olives are something I want to like but every time I bite into one it’s just eww. I eat about three a year.

Olives are something I want to like but every time I bite into one it’s just eww. I eat about three a year.
Things like Olives, Pecorino Remono, Anchovies and a woman’s musk are adult flavors appreciated by more experienced people. Start with mac and cheese or hotdogs and creep up on the good stuff :flipoff2:

Skip right over liver and onions or brussel sprouts, I keep trying but I just can’t see the appeal.

Things like Olives, Pecorino Remono, Anchovies and a woman’s musk are adult flavors appreciated by more experienced people. Start with mac and cheese or hotdogs and creep up on the good stuff :flipoff2:

:lmao:

Liver n onions, bleh.

Brussel sprouts are the noms though.

It helps to understand what you were raised on, that dictates what you don't like / or like as an adult. I got the roughage card as a child. We ate what grew in the backyard and everything else came from the butcher shop, the creamery, and the bakery.

Box/canned goods were foreign to me until my parents divorced.

*When we hit some of our usual watering holes, our wait staff already knows to bring an extra ramekin full of olives so that I can still have some left in my glass after my daughter tries to pilfer them all. 🍸

Look at what I learned today:

A ramekin is a small ceramic dish that's designed for baking traditional French desserts like soufflé or crème brûlée. They have many other uses as well—they can be filled with condiments for dipping, hold snacks, and be used to measure out ingredients for a recipe before cooking.

For my entire life I've referred to them as "small bowls". I genuinely feel smarter and just a little bit better about myself.

Skip right over liver and onions or brussel sprouts, I keep trying but I just can’t see the appeal.

I enjoy anchovies, and tart cheeses, Don’t get me started on a woman’s scent. Also a fan of pickled herring :flipoff2:

Agree about brussels sprouts they’re fucking gross, but yet I enjoy asparagus.

Top Back Refresh