What's new

Old Home Audio—Concept 7.5d

Xicor

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Cleaning out an old barn and taking most everything to the dump. Opened a box and found a brand new looking Concept 7.5D receiver. Turns on but need to find a set of speakers to test the output.

Anyone know anything about these? Looking at ebay they are $500-$1k. Are they actually worth this?:homer:

Cleaning out an old barn and taking most everything to the dump. Opened a box and found a brand new looking Concept 7.5D receiver. Turns on but need to find a set of speakers to test the output.

Anyone know anything about these? Looking at ebay they are $500-$1k. Are they actually worth this?:homer:

trampas might know.

Damnit :laughing:

Built by Tandy (do the math there, not worth owning) as distributed by CBS almost exclusively for Sears but mostly Pacific Stereo. Limited production, circa very late 70's.

Robust power supply (read; Pioneer) with less than stable output (read; Yamaha) and because of the power supply build, they do last. Get rid of it lol.

Built by Tandy (do the math there, not worth owning) as distributed by CBS almost exclusively for Sears but mostly Pacific Stereo. Limited production, circa very late 70's.

Robust power supply (read; Pioneer) with less than stable output (read; Yamaha) and because of the power supply build, they do last. Get rid of it lol.

Well, I was right. I thought you might know.

It would have been easier to say it's a pile, than elucidate us with your plethora of knowledge.:lmao:

I don’t know what half those words mean, but the last 5 are clear. Thanks!

- open beer, drink it

Place rec'r on floor, flip pwr switch to on position

- prepare to evacuate bladder

Bypass topology, aim for the toroid :nuke:

:laughing:

But there are people selling them on the interwebs for $500-$1000. :flipoff2:

LIST THAT SHIT FOR $450 AND SEE IF ANY OF THE OLD TANDY GEEKS JUMP ON IT :smokin:

I was looking at some of the discrete components on flea-bay. IMHO: Junk! I had some old Dynaco stuff (i.e. ST120's and PAT4 pre-amps) gave all that shit away to a good friend. If I would have waited for HDMI audio strippers to come to the USA, I might have kept the ST120's.

But there are people selling them on the interwebs for $500-$1000. :flipoff2:

LIST THAT SHIT FOR $450 AND SEE IF ANY OF THE OLD TANDY GEEKS JUMP ON IT :smokin:

It was on the way to the dump so if I can get $100 and have room for one more box in the truck i'm all in. I'll get it posted tomorrow and hope whoever buying it thinks its God's gift to audio equipment :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh