What's new

Old ABQ Dragway pics for NM folks

Wheelerfreak

Chronically stupid
Member Number
Loc
Near TA, NM, out in BFE
I was just searching for something else and went down a rabbit hole and found this site with a bunch of old Albuquerque Drag Way pics. https://kingnitro.smugmug.com/Other/...q-Drag-racing/

We used to go there all the time in the 70's and my dad and uncles raced there in the 60/70's as well. This was my first intro into the automotive world...

The only picture I have is this old one of my uncles 55 race car. 427, M21 are the only stats I remember of that car. Circa 1975. He also had another gutted and tubbed 55 with a 454 named El Patron, but I don't have any pics of that one unfortunately
IMG_1089.jpg - Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1089.jpg Views:	10 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	374533

Last edited:
Great photo of my Dad's old buddy Mark in his Mustang. Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
Used to be a guy racing a full size caddy, word was he worked for the dealership, some said he married the daughter. Anyway what the story was it had been stolen and stripped the dealer didn't want it so he turned in to a drag car showed up towing it behind another caddy. Then there was Mazda Rotary sounded like a can full of angry bees when he left the line

In August we are going to a track a couple hours away to run with some local street rods from MT. I’ll be pimping my 77 vette with a 383/700r4 on street tires. Mostly trying not to crash our shiny street junk :laughing:

Used to be a guy racing a full size caddy, word was he worked for the dealership, some said he married the daughter. Anyway what the story was it had been stolen and stripped the dealer didn't want it so he turned in to a drag car showed up towing it behind another caddy. Then there was Mazda Rotary sounded like a can full of angry bees when he left the line

Sounds like this guy, went by Flash Cadillac and is one of the guys I remember watching at the drags.
i-QJZXNWD-L.jpg

Top Back Refresh