What's new

Oklahoma RZR's maybe get hard plates!!!!!

Tinstar

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Looks like Oklahoma will join the ranks of states that license side x sides to operate everywhere but interstate!!!! HB2382 is already passed the House and is in the Senate. House vote was 94 for and 3 against so its looking pretty good!!! It took about a month to get through the House so maybe by mid April? Read up if you are interested. Oklahoma HB2382

WV recently did this but they have restriction. no roads with speed limit over 55, no more than 20 miles on pavement between stops. I am waiting to take delivery on a new buggy and im pretty excited that a lot of states are starting to allow them to be used legally on the road.

It's all fun and games until you get T-boned by a pickup or SUV and end up dead........

20180521_165300.jpg

20180521_165247.jpg

20180521_165236.jpg

I get the decreased protection in a UTV. I quit riding motorcycles because all the doofus's driving around in cars and pickups. UTV's are bigger, have more protection and usually have brighter colors than motorcycles. In the end its a choice just like riding motorcycles.

I get the decreased protection in a UTV. I quit riding motorcycles because all the doofus's driving around in cars and pickups. UTV's are bigger, have more protection and usually have brighter colors than motorcycles. In the end its a choice just like riding motorcycles.

x2 100% agree

Here in MO we can ride them on back roads with orange triangles on the back. Small town I live in gives permits to ride on city streets, just stay off the numbered State highways. I do occasionally ride mine to the grocery store or Sonic for a shake or back road it to a buddy's house. I don't road drive it that much though. Tires are too damned expensive to burn up on roads and I really don't want a ton of miles/hours on mine just cruising.

The state of Illinois is way too stupid to realize how much money they lose by not doing this. If it doesn't directly benefit shitcago, they don't allow it. Luckily a lot of towns allow them, and a lot of people say screw it drive them around anyway

Here in MO we can ride them on back roads with orange triangles on the back. Small town I live in gives permits to ride on city streets, just stay off the numbered State highways. I do occasionally ride mine to the grocery store or Sonic for a shake or back road it to a buddy's house. I don't road drive it that much though. Tires are too damned expensive to burn up on roads and I really don't want a ton of miles/hours on mine just cruising.

Similar to here now. We can use them for farming/ag plus the nearby town issues a sicker and you can ride them around there.

It's not as awesome as people think. Listening to 100's of razors run by my house on weekends is tiring.

I understand that. We live on a rural paved road and every nice weekend we get lots of loud harley cruiser type motorcycles roaring by. They are just out blowing off steam and enjoying their hobby.

Update on HB2382. Second reading has been completed in the Senate and sent to finance and appropriations. One step closer!!!!! That reminds me I have to dig up my tag holder and light that came with my street legal kit. I didn't install it when I put the street legal kit on.

well hope it passes, fan of plates for all. need to require a quite exhaust kit. :laughing:

I am fine with that as long as it applies to motorcycles diesel pickups as well. :usa:

I have an evo exhaust on mine that you can change from quieter that stock to ear splitting wide open. I keep mine quiet except for drag racing or a few laps around a short course.

I found the license plate bracket and light yesterday!!!:smokin:

Got signed into law today! I still don’t know what requirements there will be on the machine itself.

I was at the tag office this afternoon asking when could I get my plates right after I heard it passed. The tag agent sent an email to the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) asking when and how they were going to issue tags. For those that don't know, OTC issues all vehicle tags in Oklahoma. I will report back soon as I hear anything, hopefully tomorrow.

As far as requirements I read through the bill and it listed the specific sections that were required.. Blinkers, horn, headlights, windshield or eye protection ect.. Currently no DOT tire requirements.

So...... Who in OK wants to adopt a 45 year old kid so he can get some plates for his race car? :laughing:

Driving to the track, racing all day and then driving it home would freak some people out! :lmao:

So...... Who in OK wants to adopt a 45 year old kid so he can get some plates for his race car? :laughing:

Driving to the track, racing all day and then driving it home would freak some people out! :lmao:

Wait a minute, someone in TX wishing they had more connections in OK? Am I hearing this right? In the last 5 years, the only reason I've heard of any jealousy of OK is first due to the weed laws, and now this.

Kinda sad that we're all so used to being under a government bootheel that just a tiny bit of freedom gets us all excited.

Still no tags yet hoping it is before summer is over!... Have a f350 that gets 13 mpg on a good day as my only street legal vehilce. I hope to save some miles and fuel by using the RZR on my 60 mile round trip to work and back on nice days.

Still no tags yet hoping it is before summer is over!... Have a f350 that gets 13 mpg on a good day as my only street legal vehilce. I hope to save some miles and fuel by using the RZR on my 60 mile round trip to work and back on nice days.
i have wondered how a SXS would hold up to DD use and extended periods at highway speed. Driving to work 5-10 miles away on warm sunny days would be fun but 30-40 miles each way would get old I would think.

That's a great question. There are some fantastic mileage claims on the rzr forum. I have a buddy that claims he put 38,000 road miles on one. He has no reason to embellish that I know of.

I don't plan on DDing mine but I do want to be able to ride on the highway if needed.

It's not as awesome as people think. Listening to 100's of razors run by my house on weekends is tiring.
It seems like people forget this and act all shocked when places like Moab UT and Silverton CO pass legislation to limit or forbid them because a bunch of dorks in SXS with their LED rock lights / whip antennas and modified exhausts couldn't play respectfully.

The FB and news articles comments about them were a shit show of "oh no it'll hurt the tourism economy" like it didn't exist before the SXS era

i have wondered how a SXS would hold up to DD use and extended periods at highway speed. Driving to work 5-10 miles away on warm sunny days would be fun but 30-40 miles each way would get old I would think.
We will see soon enough. Have some 17in rims to put my 19 f350 takeoff tires on to help with tire wear issue. And it gets about 17mpg

It seems like people forget this and act all shocked when places like Moab UT and Silverton CO pass legislation to limit or forbid them because a bunch of dorks in SXS with their LED rock lights / whip antennas and modified exhausts couldn't play respectfully.

The FB and news articles comments about them were a shit show of "oh no it'll hurt the tourism economy" like it didn't exist before the SXS era
Do we ban driving because a few dorks drink and drive have a accident and kill someone. Or maybe DUIs and jail time with fines to just the one causing the issue? It seems like people forget about the individual and focus on a thing because its easy.

Well the 17in rims from itp are discontinued. Ordered a set of 15 x7 system 3 st-3 in bronze to put some TSL s on. Still waiting on otc for tag

We got our plates a couple days ago, 07/07/21. :smokin: I've been driving my RZR all over town and up and down the highway. Seen many cops and waved at them and they wave back!!!

RZR has no problems running 65 mph down the highway. 67-6800rpms at 65 mph. Engine temp stays at about 180F at 95F ambient. My belt temp on the other hand wants to run around 160F. Looks like I am going to have to upgrade my rinky dink belt fan.

Top Back Refresh