What's new

Oil spatter

Slander

Team no stickys
Member Number
Loc
Hickory, NC
Any tips on keeping oil spatter at bay on the stove? My damn stove looks like shit after a few days of cooking due to oil splattering out of the pan. I have used this grease arrestors that go over the pan, but those suck, create a weird steam trap it seems and get fucking nasty.

Ive tried a taller pot but that doesn't always work for what you're cooking. Otherwise I use parchment paper.

use a deepfryer? haha else a bigger pan with more surface area catches it better to. havent really ran into that problem and i cook quite a bit of pan fry fish ,schnitzel and bacon just in a regular cast iorn skillet.. if it does get messy i wipe the surface of the stove of after cooking so other things arent sticking to it after a particularly messey cook. rather than having to clean up 1 weeks worth of cemented on shit by being lazy

When I cook Lumpia (Filipino egg rolls?), I use a deep cast iron pan, medium heat, and one of those screen splatter guards.

Bacon… grease just gets all over the stove, unless we cook it in the oven, or on the griddle. Then the grease mess is just in a different place :homer:

We have a stainless steel mesh cover for our kitchen.
$20.00 tops at the local store
AD9D8474-D844-4CCF-9344-990F3BD87792.jpeg

A cookie sheet or two will catch most of the excess splatter, and are easier to clean

Stove Cover, Stove Top Protectors for Samsung Gas Range Reusable Gas Stove Burner Covers, Non-Stick Stove Liner Compatible With Samsung Gas Stove, Washable Stove Protector Keep Stove Clean Amazon.com

Got these for the wife. Have one on stove and one in air fryer/toaster oven as well as in the oven. Makes messes much easier to clean.

It's easier to wipe as you go than let a grease coating acquire.
this. i have a shitty glasstop stove. I wipe it after every use, preferably when its still warm. wife doesn't always and then the shit starts to burn on and its a bigger pain to clean

Top Back Refresh