Wheeling at a private property in RI.

pic-02.jpg

pic-03.jpg

pic-08.jpg

pic-18.jpg

pic-19.jpg

pic-01.jpg

pic-28.jpg

The nearby watering hole was serving my favorite soup!

wixey.jpg

Last edited:
Details?
Rating? fun factor?
Time to run it worth the drive up?
Plenty of sections to keep busy for a weekend. Rating would probably be a 3 to 10 for me. There is plenty of opportunities for body damage that I’m just not ready for, yet. Same distance as Slick Rock. Only bummer is no water to cool off in. The one where I am on the wall was a first for me, I usually hold high driver and lean towards the wall.

we stayed at timber hills lake ranche witch is 4 miles away or so and on sinday we were gonna load the trucks on the trailers and the bison heard they have on the property took over the area where the trailers were. sure we could have spooked them but we waited it out. that was a first for me. ha ha
1660141649711.png

1660141728899.png

we stayed at timber hills lake ranche witch is 4 miles away or so and on sinday we were gonna load the trucks on the trailers and the bison heard they have on the property took over the area where the trailers were. sure we could have spooked them but we waited it out. that was a first for me. ha ha
1660141649711.png

1660141728899.png
Can recommend staying there as well when wheeling Kansas Rocks. Easy 10min drive to the trails, nice quiet place to stay at the end of the day. About the same time price as staying in Ft.Scott.

Been messing around with a old GoPro I found forgotten in a closet. Need to mount it a bit higher, there's no real perspective to what your driving through since you can;t really see the tire.

i found if you mount the go pro just a bit further back in the cab and you get to see your head or hands using the steering wheel that also help getting some perspective, i like seeing the bobble head effect so to speak, like this so to speak

1660219654827.png

Thats next on my list, im about 7 hours away. Worth the drive for you?
I had fun. We covered the whole park in a day, but nice place to relax. There is a river you can tube in and hang out in. I would say it was worth the drive for me, but it's only 3hrs. Potts mountain jeep trail is like 2hrs down the road from Kairos so if you get bored at Kairos, go run that for the day and go back to Kairos to camp.

If you are looking for hardcore buggy stuff it's not the place, but something on 37s and locked F/r, you can run everything including the hardest trail there.

Last edited:
KSROCKS this past weekend. good times, hotter than hell what a dumb move going to kansas in aug. hahahaah :)
1660140901888.png
1660140980555.png

1660141029163.png
IMG_6892.JPG
IMG_6912.JPG
IMG_6922.PNG
1660140901888.png
1660140901888.png
1660140980555.png

1660141029163.png

I have wanted to go there but the no wheeling at night has turned us off. Most of the stuff I see is mall crawler jeep and sxs stuff there. Is it even worth taking a rig on 43s? Or would it be more fun with a Chevette Diesel on 155/75r13s?

1660141649711.png

1660141728899.png

If I had a nice tow rig I wouldn’t be parking it anyplace where the buffalo roam. When they rub on stuff they break things seriously. What about RV parking?

I have wanted to go there but the no wheeling at night has turned us off. Most of the stuff I see is mall crawler jeep and sxs stuff there. Is it even worth taking a rig on 43s? Or would it be more fun with a Chevette Diesel on 155/75r13s?

If I had a nice tow rig I wouldn’t be parking it anyplace where the buffalo roam. When they rub on stuff they break things seriously. What about RV parking?
no rv spots from what i know i think it mainly just a hunting ranch that bring in out of state hunters or people who just want to get away for the weekend and fish and swim in a lake with a cabin.

43 inch tire rig would still be fun, especially if it was wet. dry you can do all the park pretty easy. it was still fun and as my girl puts it, never a bad time being out in the forest. always fun even its a sight seeing trip.

if you have been to tuttle creek then its kinda the same type of park, dry go everywhere, wet its a complete different animal.

Top Back Refresh