Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

*OFFICIAL* Race pics/ Race Report thread

Now if he could keep up this speed...and keep it upright...he'd be an easy first place.

Story of racing right there I guess:laughing:.

Really been debating buying him one of the ktm 50s, lighter, better suspension, but with the ttr, he uses his gears. Starts in first, bangs second, knows to kick it down one on a hill....I don't want him to lose that skill, for the next bike.

I went from an XR50 to a KTM Pro Senior to a 65SX as my first three bikes.

I won a series on that ktm50. The fact that your boy is doing that good on the TTR is a testament to how good he'd be on the KTM. If you want to support him doing well in racing and keeping his skills on the uphill slope quickly you'd be doing him a slight disservice keeping him on the TTR imo.

Learning the clutch when it's time to start the move to a 65 is a much bigger deal than shifting.
Only my opinion. Stoked for you to see him doing so well!

Local dealership has 23 50sx for $4750. That's about $1550 below list. There is a factory lowering kit that will drop it, hopefully enough for him to be able to touch the ground:laughing:.

Gotta do some serious considering here. I know what the right thing to do is...it just hurts my wallets feelings.:laughing:

Last edited:
Kids going to hit a growth spurt an be to big for the new ktm, 5 months after you buy it. But those 5 months will be awesome:lmao:

Kids going to hit a growth spurt an be to big for the new ktm, 5 months after you buy it. But those 5 months will be awesome:lmao:

Problem is he has to be on an auto to race kids under 12 in the peewee classes...so the bigger 50 is the move, then do the lowering kit. He's only 6, so I'd like to keep him down in peewee for a couple more years!

Once he's on a manual bike he has to move to kids beginner, where he can be on up to a 112cc 2t bike.

Great news too, the 1 year old has discovered his strider bike and is jazzed on it, so that bodes well for future financial security:laughing:

Did not know that, that sounds goofy. Keeping him on an auto bike makes sense then.

On average how many kids are racing?

In his class, 5-8. In the higher classes it's about the same, up to a dozen or so sometimes. There are sponsorships happening though, KTM Canada has contingency money...it's a small local series, but it's got pretty good support. And enduro type riding and racing rules around here.

Well, he led this weekend for 2.5 laps, then went over the bars hard and got another 2nd place trophy:laughing:.
20230930_145127.jpg

It was at the Port Alberni mx park, so the course was 50% track, 30% woods, and 20% the farmer next door's cow field:lmao:.

We did some practice on the endurocross course too.

It doesn't look it in this video, but it rained most of the week up there, so line choice was critical on the track to stay out of the 16" deep slop. He came cooking into an inside line when we were practicing, moving along in 3rd, and came to a dead stop, buried it past the pegs, still leaned over, leg out...just BAM full loss of forward motion:lmao:

Found our son a KTM 50. Pretty much forced into it, he tried racing motocross last weekend. 3rd and 4th in tykes, which is 4-8, on 4 stroke 50s and pw50s. Then he ran against the 2 strokes too, and got 13th and 11th, out of 16 and 15 racers. He had a pretty epic battle with a kid on a cobra too, swapped spots 3 or 4 times.

Anyway, my kid now races hare scramble and MX, and I will never have 2 nickles to rub together again.:laughing:

20231007_092659.jpg

20231008_112458.jpg

Using both inches of suspension travel that the TTR offers.

And the bike we are picking up on Sunday morning. Guy is gonna pull the risers and drop it back down suspension wise, his 6 year old looks like he should be asking someone to buy him smokes outside the petro can, so he's moving up to a 65.
20231007_122001.jpg

Another race year is here. I suck at racing, so I just do the practice day. Still feels good to be out there with some highly skilled racers. Colin Edwards was out there coaching a race team. He’s in our CMRA hall of fame, not to mention a former MotoGP rider. He’s a bit of a celebrity in our world.

Attachments

• IMG_6997.jpeg
    IMG_6997.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7012.jpeg
    IMG_7012.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6998.jpeg
    IMG_6998.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
Local series tried a brand new venue this past weekend. Las Vegas, NM.

5 miles of the chunkiest shit imagineable. Course was very difficult and tons of novice class riders got their shit pushed in. Even some Pros that are usually super gnarly had some issues with the more technical spots. I'm still feeling pretty burned out on racing, so I just raced the team race for fun and ran sweep on sunday.

Since in was on my 2stroke I actually got a decent start for the first time in my life. I was in 3rd after holeshot and was on 1 and 2 in a single file line until I pushed over a berm halfway through the lap and lost them. I was super happy with my laptimes though, I was hanging with people who usually wipe the floor with me.
20240323_190742.jpg

Vid of my 61 yr old Dad starting in his old guy 60+ class on sunday morning. He doesn't give a shit about getting a good jump, his starts are always totally comical to me. But he gets up all the hard rocky shit without any issues and can just spin consistent laps, so he did some good work. He was around 19:30 on lap times, that's badass as fuck for an old dude who all but doesn't ride anymore unless it's at a race :lmao:

Then some videos of a few of my pro buddies doing the novice dance up the harder parts of the track. Our reigning champ wasn't even safe from mistakes :lmao:

And lastly a video of my little cousin coming 1st out of the start in A open

First hare scramble of the season, I didn't get any pics of him because I was volunteering on course, but my wife got a few.
1000010726.jpg

He managed a second place, kid who beat him, beat him by the same margin that he did last year.:laughing:
Then we packed up, and drove another 1.5hrs to the first mx of the season, so he missed practice on Saturday. He would have had 4- 15 minute practice motos to figure out riding a sand track. Instead, he had 4- 15 minute races to figure it out. By his 4th race he had the track down and was starting to get faster. Overall, he got 7th of 11, and 9th of 14 in the two 50cc 2t classes he ran.
1000010727.jpg
1000010728.jpg

Bike was puffing steam when he came off the track at the harescramble, so I've ordered a wee little 12v fan, and an m12 battery socket thing from Amazon, and am gonna try to set up a fan for him.

Arent the clutches in those adjustable? Maybe she's slippin a bit much?

They are, but for technical trail riding, he needs more than on and off...right now he can ride other than wide open hosing the world with roost, which is nice for those of us assigned to the "scrape him off of trees he careens into" duty.

I mean, he doesn't, but if he wanted to, he could. I put a geomax mx14 on it for the sand track, and man....thats a scoop for throwing rocks at my face!:laughing:

Top Back Refresh