What's new

Official Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other Alt coin crypto thread

Mr Stubs

Taste my rainbow, bitches
Member Number
Loc
Land of liquid sunshine
So let’s start up a designated crypto thread.

I have been researching all sorts of stuff that I have no clue about and would love to share the tech and hopefully have others do the same. I figure a thread like this would be a great place for crypto news, youtube links, hot/cold investments, and just all around learning.

So I found this site, 99bitcoin. It has lots of YouTube vids that are very informative. Some are just explaining what things are like block chain tech, Bitcoin, and cold wallets. Others are quick two minute “in the news today” type vids...

I haven’t figured out how to imbed YouTube yet...

The crypto market is tanking, might as well wait til the next run.
Maybe....

I think musk is testing the waters on his role as an influencer vs entrepreneur....

So in this episode from today Jung talked about two different ones, Cardano and Nano. He says that these two traditionally buck the market trends....

560F4478-6814-4F0D-8925-7549A533BEB4.jpeg
CCD483DC-F107-4E9F-B8C7-6FCAAC58EC47.jpeg

So it seems like a great place to go to see how the market and all listed crypto is doing is CoinMarketCap. Definitely a good research tool.

Today I threw more at Doge and started up on Shiba and ADA. Made some gains within today’s money.

pretty much BTC and eTH are out of my budget now. But wish I coulda bought in when it was affordable.

Hey, I had a crypto question and this thread is about as close as I can find a spot to ask. Bear with a crypto noob.

The people making purchases of goods and services with bitcoin..... it would require transferring portions of a bitcoin. How does that work with the blockchain transfer stuff? I thought the blockchain tracking for whole coins. Or is some online trading house holding the bitcoin and you just have some assigned electronic value that you pass back and forth, like gold certificates? If that is true, kinda defeats the purpose of confidential transactions which was one reason for even going to crypto. I very well may be misunderstanding the transactional methods for crypto.

Today I threw more at Doge and started up on Shiba and ADA. Made some gains within today’s money.

pretty much BTC and eTH are out of my budget now. But wish I coulda bought in when it was affordable.
We got out of BTC Monday, put most of it in eTH and monero. My wife follows it very closely for work and she suspected something was up right before Elon started spewing about it. Glad we moved it.

Hey, I had a crypto question and this thread is about as close as I can find a spot to ask. Bear with a crypto noob.

The people making purchases of goods and services with bitcoin..... it would require transferring portions of a bitcoin. How does that work with the blockchain transfer stuff? I thought the blockchain tracking for whole coins. Or is some online trading house holding the bitcoin and you just have some assigned electronic value that you pass back and forth, like gold certificates? If that is true, kinda defeats the purpose of confidential transactions which was one reason for even going to crypto. I very well may be misunderstanding the transactional methods for crypto.
Noticed ads for a crypto VISA... so I’m very curious about your questions

First things first, don’t pigeon hole Bitcoin. It’s so much bigger than it.

There are many different types and ways to do this... mostly because it is all new and emerging tech that is trying to weather the infancy stages of growth...

Some types stay totally decentralized (no government interference) others are bridging the gap between fiat currency (centralized) and decentralized.

Here is a 99Bitcoin Vid on DeFi, otherwise known as decentralized finance.

Last edited:
Centralized vs Decentralized.

Decentralized I assume you are meaning whole coins and owning the blockchain certs on your own device, ie in hand. Maybe it is the centralized ones that are intriguing me.

Does a financial institution offering the centralized version (if I am understanding it correctly here) actually hold the coins and allow people to buy in on whatever portion of the total they want? Or is it more like a market fund where the financial institution just uses your money on their investments and hope they are smarter than you and can claim the difference? In which case the centralized crypto you supposedly own is really just the name and there is no actual crypto behind it other than it being quantified in the market value of said crypto?

Here is another YouTube channel. Altcoin Daily. It is a daily vid that has daily crypto news.

In I am a noob but wanna learn. I’m 5 figure invested in eth, let’s do this. tomorrow better be better than today was
Check out the vid above and what see what happened to Eth the last time a meme coin (crypto kitty) clogged the network

No Doge in the title?

F U man. No participation in this thread after this post.

:homer:

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

I threw another $100 at Doge yesterday when it was at $0.39. So far that's proven to be a good idea. We'll see. I need to get a little more comfortable with how all this works before I start throwing bigger values at this shit.

Here is one that dropped today about Cardono.

They talk about it but what I find interesting is the mentions of institutional money beginning to move into crypto.

We got out of BTC Monday, put most of it in eTH and monero. My wife follows it very closely for work and she suspected something was up right before Elon started spewing about it. Glad we moved it.
Good move. I think Ethereum is going to take off this summer.

Top Back Refresh