What's new

Official Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other Alt coin crypto thread

So far I would say that Coin Bureau has been the most informative for me.

No adds (just sells swag), how too, what it is, beginner/pro tips (from set up to reading charts), comparables of like systems ect....

Check this one out, right around the 15 minute mark it explains the high risk, high reward shit coins like Shib and Doge.

Explains how to find them and what really happens when prices start going to the moon.

I made some big changes this week after a lot of self education on this crypto thing, not so much on how it works but more on what drives the prices up and down. It seems to me most of this big downer this week is based on FUD, fear, Uncertainty and Doubt mostly based on some of the news releases that have investors selling off to (in their mind) preserve what they have left.

That all being said I've dumped 90% of my Doge not so much because of FUD but mainly because of Elon Musk, IMO this guy is a loose cannon and way too influential on the ups and downs of Doge, I see him making some off the cuff tweet or doing something stupid that will probably really hurt it.

What I have done this week is change my exchange to Binance, I did this because it has the most cryptos listed with new ones added weekly. I noticed some of the hoops people were jumping through to buy Safemoon and Shiba Inu and thought there must be a better way. I happened to notice that Binance had just listed Shiba so I gave them a look. I ended up signing up with them and it was pretty painless, yes you do have to submit the KYC stuff (not worried about it) and set up at least a 2FA security. A big bonus for me at least is that I now have a wallet through them. Funding the account was easy as I just transferred my Doge to my Binance wallet and went from there.

If you are wanting to have a look or sign up here is a referral. Use this link and you will get a 5% kick back.

Create a free account | Binance

So I sold my Doge, well most of it I did keep around 100 just in case it goes the way of BTC or ETH. I took the rest and dumped it into Shiba Inu. I did this because this one is still in it's infancy so really cheap .0000136 right now. I like the vision the creator has and the fact they are working on getting an exchange of their own up and running, I also like the fact there are no more coins to be mined it is what it is, just this week around half of the coins have been burned if what I am reading is correct so that should have an impact down the line.

I am currently sitting on 25 million coins, yea I know it sounds ridiculous and it is as is my goal of 100 million. The way I look at is if this coin even makes it to .001 I'll be up 100K and fuck me I'll be a happy guy if it hits a penny. :laughing: This is a set and forget for me, I'll keep an eye on it but I know well this is going to be a long term investment of beer money for maybe a reward of fine whiskey money.

So I sold my Doge, well most of it I did keep around 100 just in case it goes the way of BTC or ETH. I took the rest and dumped it into Shiba Inu. I did this because this one is still in it's infancy so really cheap .0000136 right now. I like the vision the creator has and the fact they are working on getting an exchange of their own up and running, I also like the fact there are no more coins to be mined it is what it is, just this week around half of the coins have been burned if what I am reading is correct so that should have an impact down the line.

I am currently sitting on 25 million coins, yea I know it sounds ridiculous and it is as is my goal of 100 million. The way I look at is if this coin even makes it to .001 I'll be up 100K and fuck me I'll be a happy guy if it hits a penny. :laughing: This is a set and forget for me, I'll keep an eye on it but I know well this is going to be a long term investment of beer money for maybe a reward of fine whiskey money.
Kind of around the same thing. I am enjoying the possibility of something taking off for some stupid reason. I of course have no real investment money in crypto. I made about a grand on the Doge a few weeks ago and that was fun. It sucks that Bitcoin dropped like a rock this week as I have some money in that still, but it is the gold standard and most mainstream crypto and will come back. I'm going to keep my 25 million safemoon sitting until it either hits a half a penny (how amazing would that be?), or becomes a thing of the past and I lost the $$ permanently.

It's hard not to get wrapped up in the "buy the dip" crowd on the interwebs and dump more money this second into whatever is the flavor of the day. I am contemplating that on the Bitcoin though, as I think it is the most stable thing that will come back.

1. Fuck Elon Musk. I will walk before driving a Tesla

2. It will recover

Anyone have any input why crypto is tanking even more today other than above listed reasons? Something I’m missing...
People taking money out to pay taxes. Also, big players (aside from Musk) like to shake things up periodically when they want to buy. Then all the pussies fold and run.

Anyone have any input why crypto is tanking even more today other than above listed reasons? Something I’m missing...
As stated , paying taxes.

All the metrics that are pointing to 4% inflation, the No0bs panic selling, triggered stop losses, ect.

One thing to think about, is that it isn’t uncommon for this market to have 20% swing days. It’s much more volatile than the stock market.

Has anyone seen what’s going on in the DeFi world? Big corporations are moving in. I just read that Sony just got their patent for a Egame gambling platform.

What the others said plus the crypto news that came out of China. Apparently the chicoms have banned business from accepting crypto as payment, you can still invest in it and own it though.

Unsurprisingly in these read one sentence of an article and form an opinion days we live in people have come to the conclusion that the chicoms have banned crypto ownership in any form.

It's this easy: FUCK. YOU. CHINA.

:flipoff2:

Fuck.

Might buy some more. :homer::lmao:

Reactions: DMG
Anyone else not able to log into Coinbase?

Trying to buy on sale...but of course...website/app is down.

Lesson learned.

Ah got it. It seems the China deal is the big player right now. So is China doing this in preparation for their own crypto release?

Ah got it. It seems the China deal is the big player right now. So is China doing this in preparation for their own crypto release?
From what I've read so far this morning yes, I don't give it much traction though as we all know just how well chicom tech works. :laughing:

...I don't give it much traction though as we all know just how well chicom tech works. :laughing:
With all due respect, modern chinese tech isn't what it used to be. It would be foolhardy of the West to discount China because of our perceptions based on the past. From what I have seen the Chinese are the front runners in the race for global dominance and the biggest part of that is understanding that global dominance will be through economic means, not military as it has in the past. If China does release their own crypto I would guess it will be very well thought out and structured, and will be serious competition to more established cryptos.
But what do I know, I'm down 30% on my ETH and about to double down :laughing:

I just bought 7000000 Shiba Inu coins. Less than 100 bucks , could make some who knows.:homer:

Top Back Refresh