What's new

Obor Roc Monster tire

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Anyone seen one of these tires in the wild yet? My group runs the Sticky Zillas and would have to be pretty damn impressive for us to switch. Zillas just flat work and even on the muddy slick rock ledges in Southern MO they work.

Never heard of them but they look interesting. The way they are pushing their special compound for tire life makes me think they probably aren't particularly sticky. I have a set of sticky 35" zillas and 32" BFG KO2s. I'm not worried about wearing out the zillas since I only run them for crawling, the BFGs work great for everything else and wear like iron.

That's what I was thinking too. Tire life and sticky don't go together. Lol

I have a set of KM3 I run when I'm on easy NF trails or running back roads.

I have a set of KM3 I run when I'm on easy NF trails or running back roads.

Those tires have a similar tread design to the KM3 in my opinion. I doubt very much that they would be better than a Rockzilla in any way except for tread wear. The Rockzilla tires are the king of SxS crawler tires and it's probably going to be a long time or never before a company comes up with a better tire for that application.

Thread bump.. Local shop in KC was pimping these tires on their FB a couple weeks ago and I asked them what the durometer reading was. He claimed it was low 50s. So if you only had one set of tires they may be a good compromise for a trail/rock crawling tire. Tread blocks are kinda close together for any muddy situations but my Zillas don't do horrible if it's muddy, they just aren't as good as a open tread like Carnivores or XT370s.

For reference durometer readings on my sticky Zillas are low 30s. Carnivores are low 60s, standard Zillas are about 70, my KM3 were in the 60s (I can't remember exact #). These are tires that I have personally owned and measured with the same durometer i bought on Amazon. Tires were new at the time of measuring and about 65-70* temp.

Top Back Refresh