What's new

OBDII Scan Tools

woods

I probably did it wrong.
Member Number
Currently I run a cheapo Actron one, which was fine, but I need something half way decent. Something that gets all the codes. Any suggestions? Austin , that something available through here?

81qkbm%2BEYlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Something like this perhaps?

That MK808 would do what you're after, if you're only looking to check codes and watch data you could get away with the MX808 too. Neither one has bi-directional controls, which is kind of a bummer when you're actually trying to diagnose stuff. I have had an MP808 at work for a couple years now and use it daily, but that's about twice the price.

Probably get more replies if Austin moves this up to the shop/tools discussion section instead of the classifieds.

That MK808 would do what you're after, if you're only looking to check codes and watch data you could get away with the MX808 too. Neither one has bi-directional controls, which is kind of a bummer when you're actually trying to diagnose stuff. I have had an MP808 at work for a couple years now and use it daily, but that's about twice the price.

Probably get more replies if Austin moves this up to the shop/tools discussion section instead of the classifieds.
oh shit. this is the classified. haha! I just saw tools and equipment. whoops

I have borrowed an Autel and they're very nice, I have been looking at and watching a few youtube videos on the launch tools. I am currently saving up my nickels and dimes to get a lunch X431 Pro mini, or a Diagun V.

Launch X431 Tools

I use scanners everyday, I have a Snap On, Autel, Tech2, I'd say the Autel is the best bang for the buck. If you are looking to buy a Autel make sure you are getting the US version, there are some sellers in the US selling overseas units and Autel won't support them here in the US.

I just bought the Launch 129E direct from China. It will do the basics plus you can pay to unlock features for a year (injector programming etc).

So far… it does everything I have expected of it. You can’t buy this Stateside, I’m sure it has cracked software lol

Just picked up a Foxwell NT360 Plus and so far have been impressed with it. Seems to be able to read all kinds of codes including Chevy abs and airbag codes, lets me see live wheel speed and other useful information.
I haven't tried it yet but it should also be able to do abs hold, pressurize, etc for each circuit as well as do what it calls an ABS bleed.

Word to the wise, the software to update it is pretty clunky and it seems like many people who left reviews had to contact support to get theirs to register to be able to do updates.
So far it seems to be well worth the $120 I paid for it.

Aaron Z

Definitely interested in this. Have a 05 Wrangler that I need to scan from time to time. Want something that can read more than base info. Latest was needing to see cam to crank offset.

I just bought the Launch 129E direct from China. It will do the basics plus you can pay to unlock features for a year (injector programming etc).

So far… it does everything I have expected of it. You can’t buy this Stateside, I’m sure it has cracked software lol
Where'd you find that? Price?

Amazon. I didn’t even know they would offer China direct. They shipped the incorrect cable the first time and less than a week sent a replacement free of charge.

I haven’t tried the TPMS tool yet
Wow, that seems pretty good, has lifetime free updates, however long that may be. For sub $300 it may be very good for DIY.

Does it have Immobilizer key programming? This is a feature I would really like to have.

Yea, that's not bad. Is at least the basic stuff unlocked?

Bumping this one instead of starting another thread...

I need to reset an airbag light on a hyundai and none of my cheap bluetooth readers will touch it. Might as well pick up a half-decent scan tool for it and my other late model rides. Ideally something that'll do SRS, ABS, TPMS and doing keys would also awesome.

This Launch 429c seems to be the cheapest one they offer that will do key coding.

Anyone used this specific model? Anything similar from other brands you'd recommend in the sub-$300 range?

I have a MP808 that I use as a home mechanic, pretty impressive tool. So far so good with Chrysler and VAG vehicles.

Check out the CanDo C-pro

After some learning curve and updating everything, I'm liking it. Very capable tool.

Seems to have everything the autel does at a much better price point. US headquarters is in So Cal and a real person who speaks english picks up the phone when you have questions.

Bump,

I need a better scan tool than what I got. It's black friday so time to get a deal.

$1000 budget. Don't need to spend it all...

I'm looking for something that will do bi-directional controls and as many features as possible in the budget. Key programming sounds great. I don't care about TPMS. Needs to be fully capable of doing all the ABS controls.

I've looked at Autel but their lineup is impressive and the model numbers don't make sense to me.

The CanDo C-Pro recommended above looks promissing but their website doesn't even list all the functions it has. Not very inspiring.

Andy thoughts ? recommendations ?

Top Back Refresh