What's new

NV4500 clutch spin-off thread

92 s dime

Member Number
Loc
Mission BC
Need a throwout/slave setup for a 99 4.8 factory 5spd so long crank to 01 NV4500
BUT I want one that pulls the bearing off the clutch fingers so it not spinning 100% of the time

Anything thats not a $500 unit from Mcleod or is thats all thats there?

Stock pedal stroke is fine and has been for the last 20 years
Im even fine with swapping the plastic master to something new to match the new slave
Just want a bearing that doesnt start howling every 15k

Of you want the brg to pull back youre going to waste stroke pushing it back out.

With some effort you should be able to devise a return spring and stop to hook onto the bear side hold back hook/loop of the stock brg that would utilize the retainer bolt.

I agree with total newb, the cheapest setup will be a simple return spring. Otherwise, you will need to engineer a whole new system. The problem is in the piston design. Clutch parts use a one way seal. So they only can be pushed in one direction, and rely on the pressure plate to return it. Brake masters are the same way. But the caliper has a square cut seal that pulls the pads off the rotor when it deflects under pressure and returns to normal off pressure. The slave you would need (if it exists) would be a specialty part with a seal that resembles a caliper seal. I may be wrong, maybe they are already made like that. Replacement parts are inheritantly poorly made (thx Gina) and may just be shitting the bed prematurely.

Top Back Refresh