Group events

Midwest-MO/KS/AR/OK/NE/IA

Nov SMORR trip

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Headed to SMORR with some friends for a long weekend Nov 11-14. Everyone in the group will be in sxs but anyone is welcome to come too. I'll be in campsite 32.

Where are you staying around there?
Our group is trying to put together a SMORR trip next year and would prefer a place to stay that the wives will be happy with but is close to the trails. Cabins? Camping? Hotel/Motel/AirBnB? What's the situation down there?
I've done some interweb research, but it seems that either information is lacking, or there's not much to be had. I know there's camping and cabins at SMORR, but the cabins are limited and we usually can only agree on a date about 6-8 weeks before.

If you're camping or have camped at SMORR, what kind of bathroom/shower facilities do they have, if any? Some of our group is more willing to camp than others.

The campground at SMORR is awesome. The main campground is electric only but do have 30A and 50A sites. Water and dump station available on site. The shower house is connected to the cafe they have and is very nice. 3 stalls/toilets and 3 shower stalls in Men's and Women's. They have been putting in a full hookup campsites this summer but Brandon has had a helluva time getting the electric boxes for the RV sites. Last I heard he ordered them last March and still hadn't received them.
I think there are some local AirBNB but I am not sure. My group of friends always camps.

The cabins at SMORR are very nice. I usually take my RV but last trip stayed in a cabin and it was great. I would think as long as its not a busy weekend with an event you should be able to get a cabin.

Top Back Refresh