What's new

Norcal Cow mountain?

Clb

another toyota from P.R.K
Member Number
Loc
First 50 club
Anyone been in after the fires?
Last I heard blm closed it down because the "roadbed burned" or some such b.s.!
I know it's opened up, but how did the place evolve?
I have a bud up that way and we used to go into the playground/obstacle course goof off and catch up on life .
Thinking of running the trails with him before the rains...
Whatcha got?

Trails 23 and 25 ( I think those are the numbers) are open and clean thanks to Allen and Sean from Mendo 4x4. Not sure if they've gussied up the course yet.

I was up there a while back and the play ground is the play ground.

You can just see further than you've ever seen before:laughing:

Sad really, Coming in from the Scott's valley side it doesn't look the same and likely never will in my life time.

But ya, the upper play ground is totally unaffected and the trail was good to go all the way down to the waterfall.

Thanx
the outlying trails still open?
Bet the sections burnt are totally different.
I should call the station and check it out.

Purty near any time.
I need to do a 30 mile crawl to gauge fuel consumption.
the playground is 3+- hrs from my pad.

I would be down to check out cow. I've only been once before. The heat might be a little much right now

Reactions: Clb
I'm a Retired phawk
So Open to the group pick...
Cool this week, heating up next week.
80+ deg. Sux up there.

This is day 3 of 13 Saturdays.

Sssooooooo:laughing:

Its about an hour from my door to the play grounds.

I would be down to check out cow. I've only been once before. The heat might be a little much right now
The heat won't be bad this week.

Next week could be different though.

Can't be any worse than out at the old mine:laughing:

IMG-20210617-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210617-WA0001.jpg

Ukiah or Scott's vly?
Cute temp reading...
phawk 90*+ action
what mine site?

Yea that's bout right for rocksville.
I'm outta Napa

I'm gunna overnight it, (when\if) it happens, I could go fishin if it fails to come together.
Lilyota
Bmxbry9
Santa
Weekend or during the week?
Workable dates for you?

Are the trails there suitable for a full-size (Dodge truck)? Few videos I’ve seen are more like fire road than technical Rubicon.

Are the trails there suitable for a full-size (Dodge truck)? Few videos I’ve seen are more like fire road than technical Rubicon.
They are since the fire went through there:laughing:

The place is nothing like the Con.

There is a dedicated area for off road rigs and as far as I have ever known you are allowed to be on any trail you can fit on.

The guys in dirt bike can get a bit lame on the main road. I've almost ran over more than one coming through a blind turn.

Booze cruize with puddles of fun ( the playground ) sprinkled around by
( I think ) the werock guys, ?who was it?
much of it is 2 track, some of the single track is yota sized. Some brushy goat trails.
my last trip was way before the firestorms...

I prefer week days.

Less traffic up there and as the week goes on it's gonna get hotter.

But I am also an offroad whore and would wheel 7 days a week if I could:flipoff2:

I have some errands in the morning but after that I'm good to go.

Can you spend enough time and have enough fun with a slow rock buggy to be worth a 3.5-4 hour tow from Sacramento for a weekend?

Can you spend enough time and have enough fun with a slow rock buggy to be worth a 3.5-4 hour tow from Sacramento for a weekend?

Yes and no I guess.

It's hot and dry. Coming from west Sac I'd sure.

You can access from the Lake County side which knocks that time down about an hour or so.

There is a bit more going on than Prairie city if that helps.

There are a lot of trails and I have been on a few that want lockers and winches.

But it can be a fun day.

I have personally broke a lot of shit up there. (I cut my wheelin teeth there)

I know that really isn't a braggable thing, but ya I think so in your case.

I'm out of town until the 30th. The bronco needs a good shakedown run before it hits the real trails later this summer. How about Friday the 2nd or over the 4th weekend?

I might be able to work something out this weekend. We just got home from a week long camping trip and need to unload the cabover. Weekends work best for me but with enough notice a week day trip is good too. I would be coming up from petaluma. Hopefully it's not this dusty

Attachments

• 20210623_130113.jpg
    20210623_130113.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I'm open, however during the week there are less "Idiots" around.
I'm in Napa 94558, so going in thru lake cnty. Scotts valley gate.
Gunna spend a night just cuz of distance, I thing there are plenty to challenge or match hellister (kinda) and prarrie city (much more mountain's) remember the werock guys helped build a lot of the playground, then theres the waterfall !
I just picked up a death wobble in the yota, so I gotts to grenade the knuckles tomorrow, to reshim them first, crap I h8 paying for labor at an indie shop then have to fix their shit! :mad3:
You guy's pick, I'm Retired and bored:beer:
I'll throw it out to my club for grins once we nail a date...

I won't be able to make it this weekend. Maybe later in the month

Live in the Napa area and usually hit up Knoxville as its close but looking at trying to get back to Cow Mtn soon. Was there last spring of 2020 and met up with a buddy there from Petaluma and spent a fantastic day messing around in the rock pile and other areas. Usually winter/spring is better for me and a hell of lot less dust.

Is there any place to swim at cow? Thinking about going up with the kid tomorrow

Top Back Refresh