What's new

Noose found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall at Talladega

92 Green YJ

General Lee Jeep
Member Number
Loc
Mariaville, ME
cant believe this hasn’t been posted yet. Noose found in Bubbas garage and somebody paid to have a plane fly over Talladega flying a huge confederate flag.

NASCAR said late Sunday night that a noose was found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall at Talladega and said it had launched an investigation to find out who put it there.

Wallace is the only Black driver who races full-time in NASCAR’s top three series and has been outspoken about racial injustice in the wake of George Floyd’s killing on May 25. Wallace was a strong advocate for NASCAR’s decision to ban the Confederate flag from its properties on June 10 and Sunday’s postponed race is the first race in the state of Alabama since the flag ban.

The noose was found before the race was set to begin at 3 p.m. ET.

“Late this afternoon, NASCAR was made aware that a noose was found in the garage stall of the 43 team. We are angry and outraged and cannot state strongly enough how seriously we take this heinous act. We have launched an immediate investigation and will do everything we can to identify the person(s) responsible and eliminate them from the sport. As we have stated unequivocally, there is no place for racism in NASCAR and this act only strengthens our resolve to make the sport open and welcoming to all.”

The infield area at Talladega was not open to any of the 5,000 fans able to attend the race delayed to 3 p.m. Monday because of rain. Anyone with approved access to the garage would be someone with a NASCAR credential at the race for work-related reasons.

NASCAR restricted fan access for the race to the grandstand area and the camping area outside of the backstretch and garage access for those approved to be in the infield areas has been modified because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Wallace responded on Twitter after NASCAR’s statement.

“Today’s despicable act of racism and hatred leaves me incredibly saddened and serves as a painful reminder of how much further we have to go as a society and how persistent we must be in the fight against racism,” Wallace wrote on Twitter. “Over the last several weeks I have been overwhelmed by the support from people across the NASCAR industry including other drivers and team members in the garage. Together our sport has made a commitment to driving real change and championing a community that is accepting and welcoming of everyone. Nothing is more important and we will not be deterred by the reprehensible actions of those who seek to spread hate. As my mother told me today, ‘They are just trying to scare you.’ This will not break me, I will not give in nor will I back down. I will continue to proudly stand for what I believe in.”

Not long after Wallace posted his statement, LeBron James tweeted his support.

According to NASCAR’s weekend schedule, Cup Series team haulers began entering the infield at Talladega at 5:30 p.m. CT. The garage opened for health screenings for personnel at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning.

Wallace was born in Mobile, Alabama. He wore a shirt that said “I can’t breathe” and “Black Lives Matter” ahead of multiple races after Floyd’s death and drove a car in support of the Black Lives Matter movement at Martinsville.

The BLM car came less than two weeks after NASCAR president Steve Phelps spoke out against racial injustice in a pre-race speech ahead of the Atlanta race. The sanctioning body hosted a moment of silence ahead of the race and multiple drivers teamed up to film a video standing up for equality.

Wallace has said that he’s encouraged others to speak out after Floyd’s death and has found his voice as a champion of social issues over the past month. He’s also been well aware of the pushback he’s received for being a vocal proponent for NASCAR’s flag ban. Wallace said last week that he’d have to be more careful going into the infield when fans return to races.

NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban came five years after the sport asked fans to refrain from flying the flag. While the Confederate flag’s prominence had dissipated in recent years, it could still be spotted flying from vehicles at NASCAR tracks, especially those in the south.

$20 says they refuse to put it under the microscope and fully test it because they're afraid they'll find HIS skin/dna/hair in/on the "noose".

These people don't get it do they? It's like Larry the cable guy said about the dixie chicks, you can say anything you want, you just gotta remember who you're talking to. Being the token black driver in a predominantly white sport means you're going to face huge blowback if you basically come out and call everyone you race with and the fans thereof racists.

Just shut the fuck up and go turn left.

I find it hard to believe that someone would do that in the garage area. Especially if its crew members only access. Because your done if you get caught. who knows though. There are dumbass people everywhere.

Ya'll haven't seen the video of the plane flying over the track with a big Confederate flag that said defund nascar behind it yet? I'm probably a little redneck growing up Alabama about 30 mins from the track by default. Some of this shit makes me lol though. People have way to much time on their hands.

Oh and I'm not a nascar fan, but I do enjoy watching them crash.

Last edited:
These people don't get it do they? It's like Larry the cable guy said about the dixie chicks, you can say anything you want, you just gotta remember who you're talking to. Being the token black driver in a predominantly white sport means you're going to face huge blowback if you basically come out and call everyone you race with and the fans thereof racists.

Just shut the fuck up and go turn left.

There's no cameras around those garages?

Nascar planted it

Not as many as you would think. The cars don’t come out of the haulers and stay in the garage area for any extended periods of time. In normal times they roll out for practice and qualifying and roll them back in the hauler. With no practice or qualifying they probably won’t come out until Saturday morning before the first of two cup races this weekend, First double header of its kind. The only thing they would need cameras for is their $100k tool boxes.

Last edited:
So there is a story going around , they mistook a serpentine automotive belt for a noose in his garage stall. But Nascar is denying this, Where are the pictures of said noose?

Not as many as you would think. The cars don’t come out of the haulers and stay in the garage area for any extended periods of time. In normal times they roll out for practice and qualifying and roll them back in the hauler. With no practice or qualifying they probably won’t come out until Saturday morning before the first of two cup races this weekend, First double header of its kind. The only thing they would need cameras for is their $100k tool boxes.

i report on Wednesday to work at Pocono. Have been there for going on five years. Years of working the camp fire after hours trained me to work with the nascar following. We will have no fans so it should be easy $$$.

Your post is barely understandable and you don't seem to address why NASCAR doesn't have cameras everywhere.

You're saying to me, that a major American sport doesn't monitor off-limits areas like the garage stalls? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

If you're not cheating you're not racing, and it's post 9/11. How is NASCAR not doing access control to garages? If it's true it's but that's a story in and of itself.

That's literally a Gambling scandal.

(CNN)Department of Justice investigators said Monday they are looking into the noose that was found in NASCAR star Bubba Wallace's garage stall.

"The U.S. Attorney's office for the Northern District of Alabama, FBI and the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division are reviewing the situation surrounding the noose that was found in Bubba Wallace's garage to determine whether there are violations of federal law," US Attorney Jay E. Town said in statement.

The Government needs changes.

Literal Sanctuary Cities and States flouting Federal Law and the FBI is going to investigate a rope?

This is the kind of shit that makes it hard to advocate peaceful activism. Using our tax money to investigate a rope in a rich guy's recreational activity business.

I... I can't help it. Fuck America. Fuck this country.

Our national borders are not closed. You can leave any time you want...or maybe you have to check in with a parole officer so can't go. Either way your virtue signalling routine is getting very, very tired.

Your post is barely understandable and you don't seem to address why NASCAR doesn't have cameras everywhere.

You're saying to me, that a major American sport doesn't monitor off-limits areas like the garage stalls? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

If you're not cheating you're not racing, and it's post 9/11. How is NASCAR not doing access control to garages? If it's true it's but that's a story in and of itself.

That's literally a Gambling scandal.

I wasn’t addressing why they don’t have cameras? NASCAR does have access control points. Not sure what was barely understandable? Or what your post after had to do with anything relevant? Believe what you want.

Our national borders are not closed. You can leave any time you want...or maybe you have to check in with a parole officer so can't go. Either way your virtue signalling routine is getting very, very tired.

You can leave too. If you don't like me saying things, gtfo. Don't let the Wall hit you in the ass.

If you're so Patriotic why don't you go down to those Protests and do something instead of whining about me on an obscure interest board?

so I shared a meme on facebook.. talkin about how there was probably a million dollars worth of tools in there.. plus other stuff.. so how could someone sneak in there??

i report on Wednesday to work at Pocono. Have been there for going on five years. Years of working the camp fire after hours trained me to work with the nascar following. We will have no fans so it should be easy $$$.

Umm. Talladega is an impound race. Normally, after qualifying, cars are “impounded” in the garage. At most races, the cars do not go back onto the hauler once unloaded

In our culture what is the one thing that is more prestigious than being an actor, or an athlete, or a professional race car driver?

Being a victim!!!

the guy wants to be a victim even more than he wants to be a pro driver.

its a sad commentary on our society.

Top Back Refresh