What's new

Nobel Sport buckshot

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
Anybody ever shot Noble Sport buckshot? I bought 250 rounds of low recoil 00 buckshot. Just under 69 cents per round. Velocity is 1200 FPS. Only 125 FPS slower than Remington 00. Nice looking stuff. Only downside is roll crimp.
50F11285-95FE-4C9E-9321-285FA1755467.jpeg

Im assuming you bought it for self defense and not hunting. Fine for self defense but I wouldnt use reduced recoil for a hunting load.

Im assuming you bought it for self defense and not hunting. Fine for self defense but I wouldnt use reduced recoil for a hunting load.
I don’t think the velocity difference would make that much difference. 125 FPS is close enough to Remington.

not buffered so it might pattern like shit

I know the cheap s&b in the clear hulls don't pattern tight at all outta my cylinder bore junk and it's similar looking with the roll crimp, though it's just got a real thick fiber wad instead of the plastic wad that looks to have

not buffered so it might pattern like shit

I know the cheap s&b in the clear hulls don't pattern tight at all outta my cylinder bore junk and it's similar looking with the roll crimp, though it's just got a real thick fiber wad instead of the plastic wad that looks to have
Patterned it today. Had a 6 inch group at 7 yards and an 8 to 9 inch group at about 10 yards. I like it. The difference in recoil is noticeable compared to Remington 00.

I have some of their regular recoil. It patterned well but with my light 870 knocks you around a bit. Covered by a pie plate or so. Certainly kept them all in a torso at Tueller distances.

I have some of their regular recoil. It patterned well but with my light 870 knocks you around a bit. Covered by a pie plate or so. Certainly kept them all in a torso at Tueller distances.
I’m running it through an 870 Also. I heard the regular recoil kicks like a mule.

What do you hunt with it? Memory serves me right it’s not allowed for whitetail in MO where I hunt or IL. I guess you could kill wild pigs with it but other then that ?!?

What do you hunt with it? Memory serves me right it’s not allowed for whitetail in MO where I hunt or IL. I guess you could kill wild pigs with it but other then that ?!?
I have no doubt it will put down those little pussy deer they have in Texaco. We have deer in Ohio twice the size of Texas deer. I have zero doubts it will kill one of them also.

I have no doubt it will put down those little pussy deer they have in Texaco. We have deer in Ohio twice the size of Texas deer. I have zero doubts it will kill one of them also.
I would think it would kill any North American wildlife so long as the shot was in range and placed right.

My post wasn’t about if it could kill big deer, it was wether or not it was legal in other states

I would think it would kill any North American wildlife so long as the shot was in range and placed right.

My post wasn’t about if it could kill big deer, it was wether or not it was legal in other states
I should have quoted stucks post. I have no doubt it will kill anything in North America on 2 OR 4 legs.

I doubt it penetrates well to make a clean, quick kill on a bear or moose.

Top Back Refresh