What's new

No you POS, opening my door does not mean put it in park

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
Stupid fucking new cars putting themselves in P because you open the door. NEW MODERN PIECE OF SHIT.

Reactions: Clb
all made possible thanks to fawkin electric gear selectors... :rolleyes: backed a trailer into a tight backyard in my buddies 18 dodge 2500 with the 6.4 and the shifter knob on the dash- very strange feeling.

Last edited:
My 15 Grand Cherokee will put itself back it park if you try to drive with door open. Drives me crazy. I often just want to pull it back a foot or so, have to close the door. First few times I was like WTF if going on. At least I can drive with the hatch open.

Fuckin' hate em, can't shut the engine off in neutral either which is super annoying when you're trying to position one on a 2 post lift.

My buddies 06 dodge 2500 would honk the horn if you opened the door with it in gear. I thought it was just a pos dodge issue, but I guess they actually did it on purpose :flipoff2:​​not sure what's worse.

Bitching bout the "Ability" to Afford something "New"

White people and their terrible multitude of problems. :rolleyes:

On that note, I do offer Dirt Bike riding lessons for those such as yourself. :laughing: :flipoff2:

​​​

My wife’s Audi hates me. Bells, whistles, alarms all go off when I park 🙄 That’s why I like my old truck. None of that shit at all. You get in and drive.

photo4600.jpg

Bitching bout the "Ability" to Afford something "New"

White people and their terrible multitude of problems. :rolleyes:

On that note, I do offer Dirt Bike riding lessons for those such as yourself. :laughing: :flipoff2:

​​​

not my vehicle bruh

I can ride, just my balls shrank and I like to be super careful now, too much on the line to crash or break bones, done enough of that in my 20s

Fuckin' hate em, can't shut the engine off in neutral either which is super annoying when you're trying to position one on a 2 post lift.

Every car has a work around for that. Placing it in maintenance mode or diagnostic mode with a scanner etc.

My buddies 17' dodge cummins 6 speed manual applies the brakes if the vehicle is stopped so it doesn't roll backwards down a hill while starting off. The brakes let off as you are letting the clutch out. It was kinda neat to try out.

My buddies 17' dodge cummins 6 speed manual applies the brakes if the vehicle is stopped so it doesn't roll backwards down a hill while starting off. The brakes let off as you are letting the clutch out. It was kinda neat to try out.

well damn, even the new manual trans are automatics these days :laughing:

Fucking hate that, My work truck has that. Can't just jump in and put it into gear to move it with the door open anymore. :mad3: ...and why the fuck make my shifter knob look like my HVAC knobs? :confused:

The computer based radios are a WTF as well. Booting up all the time. Can't adjust the Volume when in reverse. When I do go to adjust the volume the whole damn screen turns into a volume bar so you can't see the time or what station you're on. Can't see the time when in reverse. The disclaimer pops up every damn time I get in it. I could go on but for sure a basement dweller designed these things.

I just read up on the incident. Fuck I didnt know that kid got killed, Russian too. RIP buddy. Pretty fucking sad.

The FIX to this is to go back to cabled / lever activator gear selectora, not fucking buttons. I always hated the actuated selectors.

Sad story though, he didnt seem like a douchebag in any way. Guess he made a deal with the devil for his 5 minutea of fame.

My '88 Subaru GL coupe did that too. Not anything new.

Top Back Refresh