What's new

No paper plates or napkins "Allowed" to be given out

Mudslinger99

Ol' School member
Member Number
Loc
Here
Dominoes and several others I've been to recently say they are NOT Allowed to give you any of the above for any reason. But they can give you a Plastic bag for your paper (cardboard) box WTF ?

​​​​Logic ? :laughing:

It's fucking like that here. Went to Costco and couldn't get anything but the hot dog, no toppings not even a mustard pack available. Stopped at a 7-11 same shit no condiments available and coffee, soda and slurpee were not self serve, had to ask for them to get you one.

Chain pizza? Fucking joke, you get a pizza and a box and that's it.

Chain burgers are sorta the same but at least give you 1 napkin.

There is a big movement here to support the local joints and those are going above and beyond to do things right, I got a feeling that at least around here the chains might not be the thing to own in a year or so.

This whole thing is just an excuse for businesses to cheap out on giving you stuff be cause they are "saving money" in this horrible economy. I got news for them.. If they think things are bad now, just wait. The government isn't getting the submissive response they want from this virus, so I'm sure they will come up with something else to destroy the economy even further .

Dominoes and several others I've been to recently say they are NOT Allowed to give you any of the above for any reason. But they can give you a Plastic bag for your paper (cardboard) box WTF ?

​​​​Logic ? :laughing:

There is no logic to any of it.:homer:

I go to Starbucks this morning and at the drive through I have to put my cash into a plastic container that the guy is holding, he brings it in the window and with bare hands takes the cash out, counts it and then puts my change into the same plastic container and hands it back out to me...... Same deal with my drink.....In the same container the fawkin cash was in. What tard in corperate came up with this as a way to keep people safe? I see no difference in saftey vs us just exchanging the cash and beverage hand to hand. :shaking:

If they think things are bad now, just wait. The government isn't getting the submissive response they want from this virus, so I'm sure they will come up with something else to destroy the economy even further .

Those are my thoughts exactly. This isn't a test, this is something else entirely.

Stopped at a 7-11 same shit no condiments available and coffee, soda and slurpee were not self serve, had to ask for them to get you one..

I didn't even think about that until I just read this part. I was in a similar store last night grabbing some beer and was wondering why the girl behind the counter (only worker there) stopped ringing people up in line to get somebody a cup of ice and another a cup of water. I thought it was because they couldn't figure out how to operate the machine :laughing:

But now it makes sense ( not really) but I don't feel as bad for shaking my head wondering WTF she was serving water in a self serve spot. Glad I didn't know last night or I would have said something for sure :laughing:​​​​​

There is no logic to any of it.:homer:

I go to Starbucks this morning and at the drive through I have to put my cash into a plastic container that the guy is holding, he brings it in the window and with bare hands takes the cash out, counts it and then puts my change into the same plastic container and hands it back out to me...... Same deal with my drink.....In the same container the fawkin cash was in. What tard in corperate came up with this as a way to keep people safe? I see no difference in saftey vs us just exchanging the cash and beverage hand to hand. :shaking:

That's crazy :lmao: Some of the shit I see, if you don't laugh you would either be angry or go crazy trying to understand it. Makes no damn sense.

​​​​​​​​​​​​

Its about half normal here. People are tired of the mask bs because its hot and I think most have figured out that "if you're not sick, there's nothing to worry about".

I walked right the F out of a TA truck stops tire shop last wee because the dumb bitch told me itnwas mandatory to wear a mask. I told her fuck no it wasn't and I went and spent almost a grand on 2 tires at Loves across the freeway instead.

​​​

To add to my experience tonight before I try to forget, a car with Florida plates pulled up why I was standing outside Dominoes to get my pizza. You can't go in and can't pull a vehicle up to the window.

You have to walk up and get it at the window. I was the only person in line. The woman in the Florida vehicle asked me where my mask was WTF ? I said I'm outside and didn't need it.

She told the guy working the window that because I didn't have a mask on that refused to pay for her order. I explained I was leaving. She cussed him and me before taking off and almost hitting another vehicle. People are losing it :laughing:

Just remembered this from a couple of days ago...

Stop at Wendy's for a frosty. I get told to pull up to the first window to pay. Window is plexied right the fuck up like just a little slit, she slides the machine out and I tap my card. go to the next window and it's wide open like normal, same person from window 1 hands me my frosty:rolleyes: WTF??

I really wonder who the fuck comes up with this shit.

Stop at Wendy's for a frosty. I get told to pull up to the first window to pay. Window is plexied right the fuck up like just a little slit, she slides the machine out and I tap my card. go to the next window and it's wide open like normal, same person from window 1 hands me my frosty:rolleyes: WTF??

Oh shit! I'm glad I wasn't eating or drinking when I read this or I'd be choking :lmao:

You just can't make this kind of shit up :laughing:

Oh shit! I'm glad I wasn't eating or drinking when I read this or I'd be choking :lmao:

You just can't make this kind of shit up :laughing:

They've got those stupid things all over here, but it covers about the top half. Completely useless for normal height cars. I think it may be to keep the birds from flying in :laughing:

Took mom to her Chiropractor appointment last week, we then spent time picking up stuff we can't get in out little town on the way home we stopped at one of our local resteraunts I walked up to the window, made the order, paid and went back to the car to wait, owner comes out about 15 to 20 minutes later with our order and we go home. Even though neither of us use ketchup there was about 20 packs in the bag!

wow.

we drove through a town the other day, a few of the restaurants were open with signs and such for in door service, i went to a taco truck that still had their outdoor tables flipped on edge :homer: We drove back to a park to eat, this park had people playing ball, walking, sitting, typical park in town shit. by the time we got tacos and went back, the sheriff had kicked everybody out of the park :homer:

it's all dumb. everything that continues is simply for the sake of abuse. anybody who is willingly keeping their business closed is just odd at this point

They implemented the mask bit here.

You mother fuckers would not believe the amount of money I am saving:flipoff2::lmao:

When you guy talk about logic and Starbucks at the same time, you remind me of the day Starbucks reopened. People logic sucks but Starbucks could fix it with a couple cones. The red line is the queue for the drive thru blocking traffic all the way up to and including the four lane. It still looks like this at lunch time, daily. They could easily queue in the mall parking lot.

queue.JPG

Anyone that chooses to keep their business closed for the sake of "flattening the curve" does not deserve sympathy. This is a huge joke.

not to mention the same person taking orders, taking credit card payment, handing you your food, is wearing the same pair of gloves the whole time!

When you guy talk about logic and Starbucks at the same time, you remind me of the day Starbucks reopened. People logic sucks but Starbucks could fix it with a couple cones. The red line is the queue for the drive thru blocking traffic all the way up to and including the four lane. It still looks like this at lunch time, daily. They could easily queue in the mall parking lot.

well they are buying from starbucks. :barf::lmao:

This whole thing is just an excuse for businesses to cheap out on giving you stuff be cause they are "saving money" in this horrible economy. I got news for them.. If they think things are bad now, just wait. The government isn't getting the submissive response they want from this virus, so I'm sure they will come up with something else to destroy the economy even further .

No Scott, it's not. It's requirements from the local health office. Self serve condiments get touched my multiple people and can spread the beer virus that way. These are regulations the food service establishment has to follow or they'll get shut down. Are they logical or needed, probably not, but it's rules they need to follow to stay open.

Currently at the Ford dealership for an oil change. You wouldnt know the beer virus was a thing. People hanging out in the wait area, coffee and cold drinks still going on. I was actually dreading coming here this morning.

No Scott, it's not. It's requirements from the local health office. Self serve condiments get touched my multiple people and can spread the beer virus that way. These are regulations the food service establishment has to follow or they'll get shut down. Are they logical or needed, probably not, but it's rules they need to follow to stay open.

If you say so. For being a "non lemming" you sure hang onto every word that our government says, as the gospel.

Here in CT they put a hold on the plastic bag ban because of all this shit. Turns out that reusable shopping bags are fucking disgusting and a great way to bring everyone's germs into the grocery stores

especially my grocery bags that I keep wadded up in the floor board of my jeeps and trucks :laughing:

It’ll be interesting to see how all this shakes out when they open up sit down restaurants in NM June 1st. Proposal so far is 25% capacity and the restaurants will collect your contact info, name, address, phone# so they can track any potential exposures. I say fuck that, I’m not giving that info to a server. Plus, how many restaurants can turn a profit at only 25% capacity?

It’ll be interesting to see how all this shakes out when they open up sit down restaurants in NM June 1st. Proposal so far is 25% capacity and the restaurants will collect your contact info, name, address, phone# so they can track any potential exposures. I say fuck that, I’m not giving that info to a server. Plus, how many restaurants can turn a profit at only 25% capacity?

depends on how cute she is :smokin:

If you say so. For being a "non lemming" you sure hang onto every word that our government says, as the gospel.

I see you're caught the "non-reading disease". :rolleyes: All I did was show that your assumption was wrong. I even stated that I didn't necessarily agree with the rules, just that the reason the restaurants were doing those things was to keep the health officials from shutting them down. The restaurants aren't doing it to "cheap out".

They've been talking about doing that here as well as some are instituting a covid surcharge and reservation deposit. The reservation deposit I can sorta swallow but the surcharge and contact tracing, fuck that noise.

They refuse to give me napkins and I refuse to I give them All My contact info. That's crazy when you really think about it. They are using for tracking but its more than just 'Potential Exposures'. Fuck that.

Top Back Refresh