What's new

No Kracker Fire Thread?

Man, I hate welding around seats. You would think that something that close to your ass would be a little less flamible.

I think it'd be rad if you could pay a deposit when you bought your seats to have them show up with seat covers made of a weld blanket. Return them when you're done building to get your deposit back. You can only take the seats out and put them back in so many times...

Glad to hear it didn't take them out of the race...

I really try to not leave the shop for an hour after I've welded something.
Same, I watched a shop down the street from ours burn up a few years ago. The guy was building a roll cage for a race car and went to lunch, came back a half hour later and his unit and two neighbors were fully engulfed with several fire engines there.

It's always in the back of my head when I'm welding or even grinding on something now. I make a point of finding something to do, clean, etc. in the shop for at very least 30 minutes after I do anything that involves sparks or fire.

Same, I watched a shop down the street from ours burn up a few years ago. The guy was building a roll cage for a race car and went to lunch, came back a half hour later and his unit and two neighbors were fully engulfed with several fire engines there.

It's always in the back of my head when I'm welding or even grinding on something now. I make a point of finding something to do, clean, etc. in the shop for at very least 30 minutes after I do anything that involves sparks or fire.

Blue shop towls are the worst IME at turning a spark into flame.

Top Back Refresh