What's new

No cashless society just yet

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Saw it here but thought it would gather more traction in its own thread.

I suppose ebay will have to accept other methods of payment beyond just PayPal now.

http://www.sciotopost.com/illegal-companies-not-take-cash-form-payment/

Wuiz4h1.jpg

Its much easier to track peoples buying and spending habits if its all electronic. As well as make it next to impossible for someone to travel around without being tracked...

hang on going to buy more stock in every tin foil producing company available. :flipoff2:

Thats the point of what this state senator said, it can be inforced in a court of law.

[Tinfoil] I'm convinced the govt is throwing as much shit against the wall to see what sticks in this current environment[/tinfoil]

Other news, I'm tired of 20 somethings trying to pay me in Venmo, chime, zelle, etc. Go fuckoff and find cash.

There is NO federal law requiring businesses to accept cash. AFAIK there are 3 states that do: MA, NJ, and RI. Oddly enough all three are liberal shitholes.

Google for this pdf interesting read if you have the stomach for it.

AFFIDAVIT OF DISCHARGE AND LEGAL TENDER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

There is NO federal law requiring businesses to accept cash. AFAIK there are 3 states that do: MA, NJ, and RI. Oddly enough all three are liberal shitholes.

that's not how a debt works. the senator might wanna check the law.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12772.htm
There is no federal statute mandating that a private business, a person, or an organization must accept currency or coins as payment for goods or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether to accept cash unless there is a state law that says otherwise.

Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," states: "United States coins and currency [including Federal Reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal Reserve Banks and national banks] are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues." This statute means that all U.S. money as identified above is a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor.

that's not how a debt works. the senator might wanna check the law.

If he can scare businesses into accepting cash again, then it worked.

Remember the threats your parents made or the ones you made toward your kids? Yeah those were lacking any substance also but lots of child behavior has been improved by Mom's threatening "just you wait til your father gets home and then you are gonna get it". Meanwhile Dad is struggling to figure out what that they are "gonna get".

Laws are great once someone pushes the situation into court. Until then, govt really only has the force of threat, which we have become accustomed to following regardless.

No way that could be true. So many times you can't pay with a $100 because it's late night at a gas station or some other excuse. I've been refused for trying to use a $100 bill so many times it's funny. If there is some meat to that original post, and it can apply to CA law, please post something I could use in the future.

Are Mississippi gas stations generally pre-pay or post-pay? Pre-pay stations his situation wouldn't necessarily work since you haven't dispensed any fuel yet.

If he can scare businesses into accepting cash again, then it worked.

Remember the threats your parents made or the ones you made toward your kids? Yeah those were lacking any substance also but lots of child behavior has been improved by Mom's threatening "just you wait til your father gets home and then you are gonna get it". Meanwhile Dad is struggling to figure out what that they are "gonna get".

Laws are great once someone pushes the situation into court. Until then, govt really only has the force of threat, which we have become accustomed to following regardless.

so you're ok with your gov't threatening its citizens who are following the law?

Its much easier to track peoples buying and spending habits if its all electronic. As well as make it next to impossible for someone to travel around without being tracked...

hang on going to buy more stock in every tin foil producing company available. :flipoff2:

Make sure you pay cash:grinpimp:

Dude its money it covers the whole country.

The only thing California is allowed to create is money from gold or silver and with gold being almost 2000 a oz and silver at 23 per oz thats not likely.

No way that could be true. So many times you can't pay with a $100 because it's late night at a gas station or some other excuse. I've been refused for trying to use a $100 bill so many times it's funny. If there is some meat to that original post, and it can apply to CA law, please post something I could use in the future.

This subject has been beat to death over on PBB. NO, a business is not required to accept cash. End of story. PAE is just posting up more tinfoil bullshit. Whine, bitch, piss & moan all you want, but it's a fact.

CALL his office ya old fool.

Wuiz4h1.jpg

[Tinfoil] I'm convinced the govt is throwing as much shit against the wall to see what sticks in this current environment[/tinfoil]

Other news, I'm tired of 20 somethings trying to pay me in Venmo, chime, zelle, etc. Go fuckoff and find cash.

Pro-tip: Zelle is the only way I know of to transfer funds between banks instantly with no fees, other than sneaker network with cash.

Or at least they used to be.

so you're ok with your gov't threatening its citizens who are following the law?

Where da fuk did I say anything about it being right or correct? It just is. Dance around all you want about "but the law says..." but disputes on law interpretation happen in court. Bluffing is normal for a wide variety of aspects in life.

Dont remember where its at but I do remember seeing a case cite or federal law that says any form of payment is fine, meaning as long as a debt is paid the payer can pay however he or she desires.

Might be within HJR192.

Some of you are missing that a typical sale isn't a debtor/creditor relationship. If you walk into a store and load your cart full of twinkies and hohos, then go to pay for them and they will not accept your cash, you do NOT owe them a debt for said snack cakes. Rather they aren't yours at that point, as you have not yet purchased them, they remain property of the store and you can kindly get the fuck off their property if you don't want to play by their rules. They did not extend you credit by virtue of you walking through their doors, nor should any business ever have to do so.

Some of you are missing that a typical sale isn't a debtor/creditor relationship. If you walk into a store and load your cart full of twinkies and hohos, then go to pay for them and they will not accept your cash, you do NOT owe them a debt for said snack cakes. Rather they aren't yours at that point, as you have not yet purchased them, they remain property of the store and you can kindly get the fuck off their property if you don't want to play by their rules. They did not extend you credit by virtue of you walking through their doors, nor should any business ever have to do so.

ding ding ding.

Top Back Refresh