What's new

NM restaurants sue Governor: WIN.

Sceep

🖕___ 😆___ 🖕
Member Number
Loc
Central NM
:usa:

One of her lawyers is looking for a new job today. The Queen is gonna be pissed and lash out at us again.
NM restaurants can re-open @ 50% cap.
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

I hate that this has been politicized.

One good thing about all of this is that I've noticed the cleanliness of my restaurants and grocery stores has increased dramatically.

Seems to be an easy way out, and we're already doing the steps:

Keep Oldsters isolated and pump up services for them, which my community has done. We've done food delivery to those on assistance and now they dole out food to cars down at the Senior Center (and the Oldsters all show up in their nice Buicks and SUVs haha!)

Wear the mask.

Socially distance when and where possible. More distance at restaurants, for example.

Boom, ride it out to December and hope for the best.

The light blue on the mouth diaper and turquoise broach thingy don't match the darker blue suit.

Finally, some god-damned checks and balances like they taught us in grade school :smokin:

Hopefully, this is just the beginning of the backlash towards der fuhrer. I can't believe there hasn't been more resistance and opposition to Grisham's bull shit.

Finally, some god-damned checks and balances like they taught us in grade school :smokin:

Hopefully, this is just the beginning of the backlash towards der fuhrer. I can't believe there hasn't been more resistance and opposition to Grisham's bull shit.
The New Mexico Supreme Court blocked restaurants from allowing indoor dining Monday afternoon after a District Court Judge granted a restraining order allowing it. Under the District Court order, restaurants would have been able to operate at 50% capacity and allow dine-in services.
https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico...n-for-10-days/

dang it.

Of course, Im sitting here in Hobbs with nothin to do for the next 12hrs and I can't even go sit and eat dinner or drink a beer anywhere.

This state truly sucks.
​​​​

I hope it sets a precedent nation wide that this shit can't continue and can be challenged.

Of course, Im sitting here in Hobbs with nothin to do for the next 12hrs and I can't even go sit and eat dinner or drink a beer anywhere.

This state truly sucks.
​​​​

Sorry, other than the idiots that vote the Dems in every 8 years, it's not the people's fault.We're tired of it also

This state truly sucks.
​​​​

Well fuck that :flipoff2::flipoff2:

What a shitty place to be stuck at with resturants / bars closed. I hate that place when i am just flying though to get to artesia.

Too bad every state doesn't have an AG with balls like the guy in LA.
Governor tries to squeeze state, AG puts him in check.

Read the letter, it's impressive and you could benefit if you borrow a phrase or two from him because I'm certain no matter where you are, at least some aspect of this may ring a bell.
https://www.scribd.com/document/4698...een&from_embed

Check out the 3rd paragraph on page 2, where he talks about "magnitude". Love it.

Too bad every state doesn't have an AG with balls like the guy in LA.
Governor tries to squeeze state, AG puts him in check.

Read the letter, it's impressive and you could benefit if you borrow a phrase or two from him because I'm certain no matter where you are, at least some aspect of this may ring a bell.
https://www.scribd.com/document/4698...een&from_embed

Check out the 3rd paragraph on page 2, where he talks about "magnitude". Love it.

Damn.

I especially like where he says 'people are responsible for themselves' :smokin:

Well fuck that :flipoff2::flipoff2:

What a shitty place to be stuck at with resturants / bars closed. I hate that place when i am just flying though to get to artesia.

WTF? That's like saying you're looking forward to seeing your proctologist after having a root canal done.

They can only govern to the extent that the citizens allow... at this point, restaurants are going under, so might as well all open up and take a stand...

They can only govern to the extent that the citizens allow... at this point, restaurants are going under, so might as well all open up and take a stand...

A few have. They were all slapped with (i think it was) a $7k fine with a quickness

A few have. They were all slapped with (i think it was) a $7k fine with a quickness

I know it's easy to say from a keyboard and when it doesn't impact me... but until citizens unite, government will continue it's tyrannical vector.

We have several up here in farmington who said fuck mlg and have stayed open for inside dining, even though I usually dont eat out a lot im making a point to least have lunch at each of them during week.

This state truly sucks.
​​​​

I spent 6 weeks there June and July last year for work, Hobbs sucks even with places open. You have my condolences.

Its a shitty place to be stuck when the restaurants and bars ARE open. Artesia isn't any better. :laughing:

WTF? That's like saying you're looking forward to seeing your proctologist after having a root canal done.

So much hate :laughing::flipoff2:

I did deserve that. I completely agree that Artesia doesnt have much to like either. At least i have a hotel room in Artesia to go into and pretend i am someplace better. I once was optimistic and tried the Italian joint in artesia.....i have never been back :lmao:

So how do they deal with the social distancing at the Hobbs airport? Its not like there is much space

I know it's easy to say from a keyboard and when it doesn't impact me... but until citizens unite, government will continue it's tyrannical vector.

I totally agree, but it is hard to get people to make a united stand. Nobody wants to be the nail that sticks out the highest. I am just shocked that apparently governors have dictatorial power. I guess everything they taught us in school about how great the American political/legal system is was complete bullshit.

I am just shocked that apparently governors have dictatorial power. I guess everything they taught us in school about how great the American political/legal system is was complete bullshit.

I made a similar comment on the old board. I can see a governor having emergency power to make a decision that lasts for a month, but after that time period the legislature should be the body continuing or altering emergency orders. With the governor being the only one making decisions for the last 5 months it is a dictatorship. Granted in our state the legislature is just a puppet to the governor...

Top Back Refresh