What's new

Nightforce NX8 2.5x20

ROCKTACO

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Colorado
Anyone using it? Wanted something lite-ish for a new DD5 V4. Forums seems to have mixed reviews with some complaints of a shitty eye box. Any first hand experience here?

Otherwise may go with 4-16 ATACR F1, but it a bit heavier. Already have a 5-25 ATACR 5-25 on a hunting rifle ands it too heavy for my liking. Going to save it for a future precision build.

Last edited:
Look at the Leupold MK5 HD. I have a 5-25x and a 7-35x, and they are significantly better (and lighter), than my Razor HD Gen II.

Thanks. I considered looking into them also, but I found a few reports of tracking issues. May have been an early batch, who knows.
I do like the large turets and layout if em'.

Plus they are FFP and the NXS is SFP.

I have done tracking tests on both of my MK5's and they both were less than 2% off, which is close enough for me just shooting off of bipod and a rear bag. I haven't tested the 2-10x or 3-18x, but I would expect them to track as well as the bigger scopes.

I like NF for their durability but their glass is mid tier Leupold quality at best. If you’re gonna drop some coin look at S&B or Leica. EuroOptic has some killer deals on a few Leica Amplus 6’s right now. Picked one up for like 600 off...

Scope is an aiming device. That is all. Will take durability and reliable tracking over glass every time

I like NF for their durability but their glass is mid tier Leupold quality at best. If you’re gonna drop some coin look at S&B or Leica. EuroOptic has some killer deals on a few Leica Amplus 6’s right now. Picked one up for like 600 off...
Im very familiar with those brands, but I'm really trying to keep this In the 2K range. My abilities do not exceed that range but I will certanly take a look. Thanks!

Thanks. I considered looking into them also, but I found a few reports of tracking issues. May have been an early batch, who knows.
I do like the large turets and layout if em'.

The Leupold had some issues and took a beating in reputation but I don't know if it's been corrected.
Absolutely. But there isn’t much tougher than S&B...

Great scopes but not really Fair to inject then into a conversation with the nx8. Ford Exploder vs G-Wagon type discussion.

In that low $2ks range I'd be looking for a used Kahles 6-24, 318, and or a Steiner T6i.

Top Back Refresh