What's new

NFA Form 1/4 fuckery

Nope! I sent it off a second time and it was rejected a second time (come to find out I had a typo on the model and they didn't tell me the first time around :(. I had to reorder FP cards & ink. Hopefully, the third time is a charm!
That sucks. You got it this time. I’m gonna do another form 1 this coming Friday. Hopefully I don’t fuck this one up. :homer:

Just bought another can today. SilencerCo Omega 36M:smokin:

Still waiting :mad3: When I called the other day I asked the lady if the ATF was hiring as they are clearly understaffed.

The backup is at the FBI. ATF pics your file off the stack, looks it over, and sends the cards and picture to FBI for background check. When they get the approval on the background, they get your paperwork done in a few weeks, depending on the stack of background checks that they got back.

If it was only ATF it would most likely be 2 months or less.

The backup is at the FBI. ATF pics your file off the stack, looks it over, and sends the cards and picture to FBI for background check. When they get the approval on the background, they get your paperwork done in a few weeks, depending on the stack of background checks that they got back.

If it was only ATF it would most likely be 2 months or less.
Makes sense. I’m hoping this one takes the same amount or less time.

It’s my understanding that is the case for paper forms. On E-forms I asked and it was “sorry, start everything over and try again.” They have been taking just over a month, but it’s a pain in the ass.

Of course they are pushing everyone to make their braced pistols SBR’s now, but the process sucks.
I heard that there is a ruling coming out on the 8th in ref to the pistol braces....

I'm currently on day 149 since checked cashed on 2 Trust Form 4's. Checks were cashed 37 days from mailing. Called WV on monday and they said the current processing time is 7 months. Based on that, I'm 2 months from approval; then another 3 weeks from stamps in hand. I prefer NFAtracker's timeline. Their rolling average is 160 days from checks cashed to approval is 160 days. Then 23 days to stamps in hand. :fingers crossed:
Update: Approved October 6, 253 days from checks cashed. So much for their advertised 7 month average wait.... Now we'll see how long it takes to outprocess to the USPS and see if they can deliver them.

Update: Approved October 6, 253 days from checks cashed. So much for their advertised 7 month average wait.... Now we'll see how long it takes to outprocess to the USPS and see if they can deliver them.
I had my can exactly 7 days after approval. A lot quicker than I thought it would take.

I had my can exactly 7 days after approval. A lot quicker than I thought it would take.
Nice. Final Update from this set: Stamps arrived. I got the call from the shop 14 days from approval.

Top Back Refresh