What's new

Newb Chevy vs Dodge Dana 60 questions

Alex123456

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Omaha
I don't know much about Dana 60's, having had Toyota axles for so long.

I have a '83 Dodge kingpin Dana 60. It has the external mounting drive flanges, half the hub studs are broken off on each side. Dodge wheel hubs don't appear available and the Chevy style internal spline hubs seem preferable anyway.

I have a few questions about swapping on Chevy wheel hubs.

I know the Chevy 60 has a 2" wider WMS. If I use the Chevy wheel hubs will it increase my WMS?

I assume I would still use Dodge shafts? The outers are the same but one of the Chevy inners is longer.

Are brake calipers interchangeable?

Anything else I'm missing?

Rotors are different between the two. The Dodge D60 short side axle shaft is roughly 2" shorter than Chevy.

To swap, it is as simple as pulling the Dodge wheel hubs off and bolting Chevy wheel hubs on. You don't need to pull spindles or anything else off.

You can double check caliper interchangeability by going to Rockauto and checking part #s.

Rotors are different between the two. The Dodge D60 short side axle shaft is roughly 2" shorter than Chevy.

To swap, it is as simple as pulling the Dodge wheel hubs off and bolting Chevy wheel hubs on. You don't need to pull spindles or anything else off.

You can double check caliper interchangeability by going to Rockauto and checking part #s.

Thanks, looks like ECGS carries the hub with rotor already on it. I'll verify my calipers will work.

What wheel studs size do you need?

Brakes are the same

Wms is different becuase of the housing and inner shafts

Thanks and wheel studs are something I haven't thought about, good catch

Calipers look to be not the same PN per Rockauto, but they're so stupidly cheap it probably doesn't matter.

Rotors may or may not be the same.... Dodge started with thinner (1.25" rotors) but either during the hub style change, or while putting cummins engines in, the rotors switched to 1.5" thick just like Chevy.

The Bendix calipers are the same except the early dodge version has a different thread. Chevy 9/16" studs are also better way to go. Direct replacement.

Little north of $300 each, ECGS is $310 each with the rotor and studs.
Shit i must have got a close out..ill pull my receipt later but i got em for $65 each if i remember correct. But at the $300 mark your obviously better off with ECGS. Ill check my part # for ya tho, i just did this same thing last month.

Shit i must have got a close out..ill pull my receipt later but i got em for $65 each if i remember correct. But at the $300 mark your obviously better off with ECGS. Ill check my part # for ya tho, i just did this same thing last month.
$65 would be really nice, I appreciate it.

Top Back Refresh