What's new

New tools always make me smile

Rooney77

Bearded lady
Member Number
Loc
TX
Just ordered a 24x36 cutting mat to be a work surface on my welding table. Yesterday I had set of 4 1-2-3 blocks come in and I just received my Chinese caliper thingys.

These are all items I've been eyeballing but don't really have a need for yet for some reason they make me super happy to get em.

set asside a few of the 123 blocks as "beater" blocks, they make great spacers when clamping things up. And keep the others as good ones that won't get nicked or weld spatter on them

Hell yes, new tools are always a good idea. I've been on a Milwaukee kick lately so I picked up their ultimate fuel sawzall to make 2 small cuts in a fence at my chicks place. Most expensive dollar per immediate use tool I've ever bought but I'm ok with that.

Hell yes, new tools are always a good idea. I've been on a Milwaukee kick lately so I picked up their ultimate fuel sawzall to make 2 small cuts in a fence at my chicks place. Most expensive dollar per immediate use tool I've ever bought but I'm ok with that.

Um pics of said chick???? :flipoff2:

Same here on the Milwaukee stuff. I bought a pancake compressor, got 16 ga, 18ga nailer and a stapler with it. Haven't tried it yet. Maybe this weekend.

I dont know why, but new tools make me more excited than most other objects when purchased.

Where did you get the cutting mat?

Last edited:
Recently bought a Yukon bearing puller set & Precision Instruments in-lb torque wrench so I could rebuild a diff. in my garage.

Not gonna' lie - I was like a kid at Christmas unboxing & inspecting my new, high-quality, USA-made :usa: "toys".

Recently bought a Yukon bearing puller set & Precision Instruments in-lb torque wrench so I could rebuild a diff. in my garage.

Not gonna' lie - I was like a kid at Christmas unboxing & inspecting my new, high-quality, USA-made :usa: "toys".

Yukon makes something in the US?

I was pretty happy to get one of these in the mail, after decades of using crap clickers from pawn shops.

71gpsnQHtiL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Got the HF stud welder so I can start pulling the crash damage on one of my shitboxes. Kinda sad I can't use it since I promised the GF we'd go to the lake house this weekend.

Bought a laminate cutter for a floor I was doing. The thing showed up a week after the floor was down but oh well, I'll use it on the next one. Makes way less of a mess than the jigsaw

I'm on the tail end of a motorcycle engine rebuild. I bought gear pullers, case splitters, torque wrenches of each drive, fancy snap ring pliers, and a few other things. Also did fork seals and despite being told I could get away without one, I was happy to have a fork seal driver. This stage of my life I'm happy to spend the money to have the right tool for the job.

Been buying so much Milwaukee shit lately it looks like I’m sponsored by them

I know the feeling aaaalllllll too well... :lmao:

In the last month or so I bought the M18 fuel driver & hammer drill, pair of 6.0 HD batteries, super sawzall, hat, assisted opening pocket knife, bunch of markers, quick square, keyhole saw, hack saw, framing hammer and today I picked up a 90* impact adapter. Basically every time I go to homodepot I pick something up to add to the arsenal in my pickup.

Next big tool purchases will be a M18 fuel grinder and the big dog 1/2" impact and probably the 3/8” impact following those.

My nephew bought the Milwaukee 44" tool box and I won't be buying it. It feels like an old base modelel craftsman compared to harbor freight boxes. He bought it when it was $750 but now that box set is $1000 so fuuuck that.

yeah I'm a sucker for new tools. Wera made some new ajustable crescent wrenches and I picked up a couple:

JokerL__65552.1585839824.jpg

Also looking for a few new hammers, like small handled sledges.

These guys are a good place to blow money with:
https://www.harryepstein.com/

Seems like every time I work on something, I end up with new tools. :smokin:

Threw away all of my busted channel locks a while back. This reminds me that I need to replace them.

https://www.ebay.com/p/2303211194?ii...hoCAxQQAvD_BwE

Started eye fucking one of these last week...

Pretty sure I'll be adding it to the collection shortly.

Just need the right excuse:laughing:

That fucker is 10lbs without the battery. My old school worm drive Skilsaw weighs in at just over 16lbs. I think there are some magnesium worm drive saws that weight in at around 13lbs. YMMV.

I like to run my saw on a 12ga extension cord; that will add some serious ka-ching......

Last edited:
Yep. Heck, I just got a submersible pump for flushing out my tankless water heater. It's a in a year job, but even I was excited to get that tool 🤣

Last edited:
That fucker is 10lbs without the battery. My old school worm drive Skilsaw weighs in at just over 16lbs. I think there are some magnesium worm drive saws that weight in at around 13lbs. YMMV.

I like to run my saw on a 12ga extension cord; that will add some serious ka-ching......

I have an old MAG77 set up just that way from my construction days.

I'm not so worried about the weight but it would sure be nice to not have to plug it in to use it:laughing:

I have a dedicated circuit just for my saw now.

Top Back Refresh