What's new

New tools always make me smile

Which one did you go with? I just bought the DWS799 12" slider. Lowes had it on a crazy sale for $350.

Nice saw!
​​​
I got the DW715. My parents had one for YEARS and it ran flawlessly. Lowe's had a 10" sliding Craftsman that I wanted, but they were sold out within 100 miles of me. This one is just a no frills work horse. Paid $215 or so for it.

Been mechanicing since a boy, never had a set of adjustable foot pry bars. About to change out the injectors on my 07 5.9 Cummins, so I bought a nice set of them.

I hope those hold up for you, I had a single ~18" Craftsman version about 10 years ago, it only took me about 3 months to break it, and I only wrench on my own stuff.

I have a saying for years: It's all about having the right Tools and the right Garnish" (on drinks).

Thats exactly what Im gonna do, bend the biggest piece of rebar that fits in the chuck at a 90* angle and pull the trigger.

Probably just grab a harbor freight special.

If I was going to do it I'd grab a clamp on winder and weld a bit to it. That would take the sander out of the equation from trying to hold everything in line free-handed.

just traded in my 12 year old impact in on a new one..that is light and hits harder

Get an eight inch jointer at least, even if it has the straight knives and it's a Jet. It's so much gooder and they're prolly made at the same place anyway.

I'd like to, but I'm severely limited in space. I have half of a two car garage, which equates to 2 walls. I also don't have 230V in the garage and it's at least another 1k for the machine. If I buy this one, I'll sell it when I build my full shop and get the big 8" parallelogram.

I'd like to, but I'm severely limited in space. I have half of a two car garage, which equates to 2 walls. I also don't have 230V in the garage and it's at least another 1k for the machine. If I buy this one, I'll sell it when I build my full shop and get the big 8" parallelogram.

I wouldn't buy one from Woodcraft either... Their shit is stupid expensive. Unless you know a way to get a good discount.

Stopped by the harbor freight for something they didn't have, but grab the 36" 3/4 Icon breaker bar I'd been eyeing. It's stout, have to see if it breaks with a cheater.
63854_W3.jpg

Stopped by the harbor freight for something they didn't have, but grab the 36" 3/4 Icon breaker bar I'd been eyeing. It's stout, have to see if it breaks with a cheater.

I have one of those on my service truck. Its had a cheater pipe on it several times with no issues. I'm actually kind of impressed with their Icon tools. They have the look and feel of the big money stuff. :smokin:

Projects is how I ended up with two 36” Irwin bar clamps, a new set of router bits, and a cheap sander this weekend.

I just got the cheapy HF bench grinder buffer to finish out the chrome on the jeep. Hand polishing sucks.

20200607_124742.jpg

Definitely love getting new tools! I have a bad tendancy of buying a new tool for a project, rather than trying to figure it out with the tools I already have. My AHP 201DX TIG welder showed up this week, looking forward to learning TIG - and there are SO many accessories to buy :)

Let me know how that thing works. I am in the market for a TIG but cant find anything good localy used. I am trying not to blow 2-3k on the machine :lmao:

Got the m18 framing nail gun coming soon, long awaited. I’m not a framer but I nail up enough studs to warrant the purchase. :smokin:

I have one of those on my service truck. Its had a cheater pipe on it several times with no issues. I'm actually kind of impressed with their Icon tools. They have the look and feel of the big money stuff. :smokin:

Broke mine. They have a limit. :laughing:

Just got some sweet ass tools in the mail. I'll tell you about them on Mon :flipoff2:

You bitch, you've got them, finger fucked them, and told us you have them. I demand instant gratification NOW!.

If oyu don't post details before monday, suck a dick before next friday. :stirthepot:

You bitch, you've got them, finger fucked them, and told us you have them. I demand instant gratification NOW!.

If oyu don't post details before monday, suck a dick before next friday. :stirthepot:

I keep opening the plastic to suck up all
the smells.

i hope these make it to the give away. :flipoff2:

Hell yes, new tools are always a good idea. I've been on a Milwaukee kick lately so I picked up their ultimate fuel sawzall to make 2 small cuts in a fence at my chicks place. Most expensive dollar per immediate use tool I've ever bought but I'm ok with that.

Bought same one but as kit(with 9ah) Fucking love it. Though, I had it replaced once because of trigger contact stop working.

Top Back Refresh